Give me your gender-stories!

LonelyManWoman

LonelyManWoman

Um, hi! I've done some googling a few days ago and I came to the conclusion that I am genderfluid. If you don't know what genderfluid is, it's when someone can feel like a mix of both (I think) or when they some days they feel more like a boy and some days like a girl... And I haven't seen anyone else, ever, talking about this, so I thought that maybe you could submit your story here? If you're genderfluid, or if you don't have a gender or any of your life story about your or someone you know's gender problems/story. I want to get to know you guys a little better, you seem nice :)

Well, I'll go first although I'm probably not gender fluid....or whatever? I was born a female. K? But I am more male brained. Meaning I like to do male oriented things. I suppose. And I have a definite dislike for doing female things such as Shopping, getting my nails done, shopping, watching reality TV, shopping, um.....sitting around talking about whatever girls talk about............I would rather be working on something or watching NASCAR or sharping a knife or target practice or reading a book about cosmology or cleaning out my truck or driving my truck or listening to music....blah blah...............anyway, um. I'm not attracted to guys, and not usually attracted to girls, except for once in a blue moon. And then it's like a romantic attraction not really sexual. I could never get intimate with any person. EVER. I am asexual completely. That's it for me. Next?

I've seen several genderfluid members here, so you aren't alone! : ) Just keep looking around and exploring. Hopefully some genderfluid people share their stories with you, too!

As for me, I identify as androgyne, which in some ways can be similar to what you described, except I don't have days where I feel all male or all female completely. I feel like I'm somewhere in between the two, or a mix of both. My gender story...well, basically I never felt like the "other girls" when I grew up. I wasn't a "tomboy" in that I wasn't out rough-housing in the yard or playing sports, but I never felt GIRLY...and a lot of my interests were influenced by my two older brothers. In high school and early college, I had a bit of a war with my femininity...being female but not feeling like it and trying to make myself more feminine. I was self-conscious about my chest, I never wore makeup...I saw other girls and felt bad and weird and different, but I also didn't feel like I ever wanted to change myself to fit into the "mold" I was born into. So anyhoo, after joining AVEN and learning about non-binary genders...coming across androgyne was an amazing feeling. ♥ To find an identity that describes who I am and have been.

Thanks. : ) I hope you enjoy being a member! :cake:

butterflydreams

Well, I'll go first although I'm probably not gender fluid....or whatever? I was born a female. K? But I am more male brained. Meaning I like to do male oriented things. I suppose. And I have a definite dislike for doing female things such as Shopping, getting my nails done, shopping, watching reality TV, shopping, um.....sitting around talking about whatever girls talk about............I would rather be working on something or watching NASCAR or sharping a knife or target practice or reading a book about cosmology or cleaning out my truck or driving my truck or listening to music....blah blah...............anyway, um. I'm not attracted to guys, and not usually attracted to girls, except for once in a blue moon. And then it's like a romantic attraction not really sexual. I could never get intimate with any person. EVER. I am asexual completely. That's it for me. Next?

You sound pretty awesome! Random side note: knife sharpening is a serious skill, kids. I think everyone should give it a try at least once. Whether your talking knives to slice vegetables, or knives to gut a fish, a sharp knife is a happy knife!

So anyhoo, after joining AVEN and learning about non-binary genders...coming across androgyne was an amazing feeling. ♥ To find an identity that describes who I am and have been.

I don't think this can be overstated. I know I felt the same way (about asexuality as well actually). Glad you feel amazing about it!

So moi? I think I could probably identify as gender fluid, but I don't because...not sure, doesn't feel quite right. That said, I remember years ago back in my college days before I knew about any gender or sexuality stuff I was thinking about myself before I had been "corrupted by the world" as I put it. Thinking back on my natural inclinations that I had gradually begun to suppress more and more, I started internally referring to myself as being relatively gender fluid. At the time, that was a term I just made up in my head because it seemed to describe my experience. By that time in my life though, I had all but eliminated my visible gender fluid behaviors and attributes (among a host of other things) in a ditch effort to be normal. To stop being made fun of. So it wasn't particularly useful for me at the time. It was interesting to think about, and I never forgot it, but I didn't know it was a real term, and I certainly didn't know there were others like that.

So, much like kelico, I found myself here some months ago in trying to better understand my asexuality (which was no longer possible to ignore) and started poking around the gender section out of curiosity. Everything kind of came back to me, and I took a fresh new look at myself, with the knowledge that I wasn't alone in this, and ideas I had weren't just made up :)

I hope you're able to find similar value in all the wonderful discussions people have here :)

Musichead2468

I am boy that is into many girly things, a tomgirl. I am not into playing sports or video games or cars. I like watching and reading entertainment news. I am into boyish and girlish music. In high school I was in a youth group(BBYO) where it was split into boy chapters and girl chapters. And I was not that into it since it involved a lot of sports. I have an equal amount of male and female friends. Also I like girly shows and boyish shows. However I get more engrossed into girly shows. But I am not into fashion and shopping.

_stillahomosapien_

I can be interested in male stuff like basketball and math, but I also love shopping and dresses...nuff said, I guess.

I can be interested in male stuff like basketball and math, but I also love shopping and dresses...nuff said, I guess.

The fact that basketball and maths are considered to be 'male stuff' makes me so angry. (No offence, _stillahomosapien_! I'm just upset that those totally superfluous stereotypes still exist ...)

Hey there, I'm genderfluid! It's really nice to meet you, welcome to Hell AVEN!

I found out when an owl delivered the letter to me. It came to me as quite a shock, and I was even more surprised that I didn't get the letter via horse-drawn carriage like most of my friends had.

Okay I'm not funny here's the real story-

I knew I was queer since the sixth grade. I was young, I know, but one day it dawned on me that-

• Sexual things were gross
  • Girls were cute
  • I wasn't just a girl

It confused the shit out of me. I IDed a lesbian for a long time actually, as a sixth grader. At the time I didn't know it, but I started experiencing social and physical dysphoria. I had no idea what was wrong with me. But then one day I was on EmptyClosets and I heard the term transgender. I wish that trans websites and resources were better, because finding all of this information confused the hell out of me.

In the seventh grade, I IDed as bisexual and then I fell into a major depression and was constantly panicked so I quite frankly stopped caring about everything.

So the summer before eighth grade, I was made a tumblr and I found the blog of someone who was asexual. I had no idea what it meant so I was like hey, let's educate ourselves.
I Googled it, found AVEN, and was like, oh, okay, there's a word for it. Cool. That me.

Gender was a lot more confusing. It was around the same time as I started IDing as ace I found out about nonbinary genders. Nonbinary genders need more representation because I spent hours on trans websites as a kid and didn't even hear the term until literally years later.

This last year was nuts when it came to gender. I've experimented in being a trans man, bigender, agender, and as a demigirl. I wanted to be anything but genderfluid because I like permanence. I like being constant. Genderfluidity was nothing like that, and I didn't want any part of it.

I'm not really sure how I accepted it. It was really recent I started to love being a boy and a girl, it's something I've really embraced in the last few months. Last night I performed at a talent show and I dressed in drag with heavy makeup. I have a long way to go in acceptance, but I'm better than I was.

It's nice to talk to you!

nerdperson777

I identify as transmasculine, but there might be other more accurate terms for what I feel. Like ghostie, I always knew I was queer, but for different reasons. Long story short, my home treatment terrified me to become the least confident person on the planet who was too afraid to ask anyone but parents for anything. I couldn't even order a glass of water in a restaurant. It was suggested to me that I could be genderfluid, but I also wanted a stable term. If I really am genderfluid, at least a genderfluid tomboy since I'll never be okay with the female body, unless it makes for some interesting topic with females that I know. Female strangers? Uh...not happening. I'm not telling them anything.

I know I'm not full transmale because there were a few things I found tolerable with being female. I always found that I could relate more to girls, mostly tomboy/androgynous/masculine ones. I originally hated being called she, because I thought it was a way to make me inferior when I wanted to a strong person. Until a few months ago, I actually had just given up on my ideas. Some days as a child, I wanted to close my eyes and when I opened them again, I would be a boy, just because they had wonderful social and political statuses that I could never achieve being female. I got used to being called she so it doesn't feel as bad as it did 10+ years ago as a child. Other ways I didn't mind was that I don't hate my birth name. I'm glad I didn't get some super girly name. When I first discovered the term trans, I was excited about it, but never believed me to be one. I assumed that I couldn't be one unless it was without a doubt. I have long girl fingers, but I don't hate them. I hated the female body and I didn't know about dysphoria until half a year ago. Now I have a term for it. I like being treated as male, and being referred to as he, so I must be at least some part trans.

(If something doesn't make sense, I was really tired when I was writing this.)

I'm genderqueer, in a woman's body.

I often experience dysphoria. (WHICH REALLY SUCKS!!!) Ugh.

It took me a long time to figure out that I wasn't cis, as I would question my gender often but ignore my questioning.

Until now.

I started thinking "hmm maybe im genderfluid"

but then I realised

"genderqueer fits me more lmao"

I'm genderqueer, in a woman's body.

I often experience dysphoria. (WHICH REALLY SUCKS!!!) Ugh.

It took me a long time to figure out that I wasn't cis, as I would question my gender often but ignore my questioning.

Until now.

I started thinking "hmm maybe im genderfluid"

but then I realised

"genderqueer fits me more lmao"

Scuse me, just thought you needed to know your profile picture is GLORIOUS. Yay, other homestucks!

Archived