Is she really bi?! Am I reading into her actions too hard?

OneOfAKind

So there's this girl at my school who I've been knowing since my Freshman year. We have a love/hate relationship. We "act" like we dislike each other, but when we're not talking ish to one another we're pretty cool. You see, she used to go w/ the star basketball player at our school. Unfortunately, he was killed earlier last year (June 2013) after sophomore year and she seems a little different now. Anyways, back in 10th grade, she used to say things like "what would y'all think if I was bi" or "i don't care if anyone thinks I'm bi." Plus, when her boyfriend was killed, she said "I might go gay. I don't want to feel like I'm cheating on him." Then again, she could've been speaking out of pain.

Aside from that, I've always just felt as though she was interested in me. She's pretty "popular" and I'm the only one who's associated with her that doesn't put her on a pedestal. At least not that she knows of. I tried initiating a real friendship with her that doesn't involve harsh humor but we can never get past one or two replies via text. And that kind of stuff makes me think that she's actually not interested. I don't know, man. For an Aromantic, I actually like her. Her confidence and energy are everything. When I look at her, I see a girl who may be a bit naive still, but someone innocent. Someone who has been hurt. I don't see the "attitude infested / I want to fight everyone who says something bad about me" kind of girl that she seems to be becoming.
This squish is getting pretty serious. I told her I disliked her hoping she'd no longer talk to me that way I can get over her. I even pretend to ignore/avoid her, but that doesn't work out too well either. What should I do? Should I leave her alone altogether or should I just try to befriend her at the least? Or should I just "go w/ the flow" and be cordial. I'm sooo confusedddddd.

I would just go with the flow and see what happens. I feel there's no point in forcing someone to admit something if they are apparently so against being honest... if there is something to be honest about. If she's into you then it will come out eventually.

Have you thought about what a relationship with her would look like though? Is it the kind of relationship you want?

I would just go with the flow and see what happens. I feel there's no point in forcing someone to admit something if they are apparently so against being honest... if there is something to be honest about. If she's into you then it will come out eventually.

Have you thought about what a relationship with her would look like though? Is it the kind of relationship you want?

I've definitely thought about it. I want us to have an unmistakable bond and overall, just a supportive relationship seeing as though she dances on the Pom Pom team and I do music. In a way, I feel like I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but at the same time I keep telling myself everything isn't what it seems, so take the risk. Right now I'm going with the flow. Still trying to work on being able to communicate with her without basking in her presence too much, but going with the flow nevertheless.. I just want to get over this whole situation one way or another right now.

She sounds like a teenage girl with some emotional and identity issues (like most teen girls). I wouldn't be placing any bets one way or the other on her sexuality at the moment. I'd continue "going with the flow"; expect nothing in particular and don't get too attached.

LORDT! I'm already attached, lmao. Guess I should use this Christmas break as an opportunity to move on

Archived