Am i greysexual ?

DarkShadow

I don`t mind if women answer this question, but i`m adressing it especially to men/boys to tell me what it`s like, or if they experienced something like this - since i`m a guy :)

While i would do describe myself being about 80% asexual , i do get somehow turned on from time to time , yet :

1. It`s not often . Sometimes there could be a sexy girl walking in front of me and nothing happens :D

2. It`s more mechanical than spontaneous . It only happens if i`m thinking of certain circumstances/situations , like specific body parts, sexual positions , fetishes etc. I would say that i`m not even attracted to a person per se , but more just aroused by fantasies.

3. Despite the fact that i can be turned on , i don`t have a desire to actually have sexual intercourse with someone .

I`m actually repulsed by the image of exchanging bodily fluids with another person :wacko:

Also, sex is not that important to me. I really don`t understand why girls and boys make such a big deal about losing their virginity : girls saying that the first time must be special , and guys be like " you`re not a real man if you haven`t had some ***** yet "

Apologies: I am female, so it might sound different coming from a guy :D

3. Despite the fact that i can be turned on , i don`t have a desire to actually have sexual intercourse with someone .

I`m actually repulsed by the image of exchanging bodily fluids with another person :wacko:

This, to me, means asexual. It doesn't matter if you can be turned on or not; many of us here have libidos. If you have no desire to have sex with anyone, then that is the (strict) definition of asexual.

I describe myself as grey most of the time because if I ever wound up in a relationship, then I'm not sure if sex would be out of the question. It would depend on the person and the timing and a multitude of other things, but that's why I say grey instead of asexual. Since you say you have no desire for sex, and are actually repulsed by the idea, I'd call you asexual.

That being said, only you can label yourself. If you are more comfortable using grey, then go right ahead. If you are more comfortable using ace, then go right ahead. It's highly unlikely that anyone on here will call you out on anything like that :)

Sorry , i didn`t mean to sound like a misogynist :P

I was thinking that maybe guys sexuality is different from girls

Thank you so much for helping ! :)

Sorry , i didn`t mean to sound like a misogynist :P

I was thinking that maybe guys sexuality is different from girls

Thank you so much for helping ! :)

Lol, nah you don't. Men's sexuality might very well be different. Since I've never been a man, I can't say for sure :)

This, to me, means asexual. It doesn't matter if you can be turned on or not; many of us here have libidos. If you have no desire to have sex with anyone, then that is the (strict) definition of asexual.

This.

Also, yes, there are some people are only turned on by thoughts/fantasies, and yes, have no desire to physically do any of those things with anyone. I'm also pretty repulsed by the notion of exchanging bodily fluids with someone.

For what it's worth, I don't see any reason why anything you've said here would be anatomy specific. I have different anatomy and could have pretty much said everything you've said here.

I just like how the AVEN banner at the top says "An asexual person is a person who does not experience sexual attraction." This applies to me because I never want the experience of sex, having a high libido is different. In this case you can still manage a libido without actually having sex. (like isnt it possible to look at a playboy magazine, get pleased YET still have no sex with the girl that pleased you?)

As far as these labels go, I don't really like to go with them, probably because they feel like they have to fit really well and they dont. I am like you, so maybe people would call me greysexual? I wouldn't call myself that because even if I see a 'sexy' girl walking, I may well be aroused, but that is all. I will make nothing further of it and never talk to the girl or interact for much if any time at all.

Not sure if this is making sense, but basically being aroused is one thing. The way I see it, I can imagine nonasexual people get aroused and then there is an attraction that leads to sex (which I assume from what some describe, sometimes can't be helped-just like you cant leave your finger planted on a red hot burner of a stove)

• 1 month later...

Dude I am on the same page with you.

1. I do get aroused by both men and women.

2. I do feel that the arousal comes from the fantasies more than the actual person because I have been aroused by fantasies with a hot men but when I actual get with them the arousal fades, I become disinterested, and just want to leave/ Leave. I get aroused by circumstances/situations, fetishes, and sex positions.

3. I would also say that the person doesn't really sexually attract me.

4. I do get turned on, but i don't desire sex. I can live without it.