Aaaagh! Buzzfeed visability related EXCITEMENT!

Enfys

Got very excited to see a bit of ace visibility on buzzfeed today. A few amusing snippets on here -> http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/the-21-realest-tumblr-posts-about-identifying-as-asexual

Hooray!

2015 Edit - For future reference:

The 21 Realest Tumblr Posts About Identifying As Asexual
“My anaconda don’t want none.” Seriously, no thanks.

posted on Dec. 12, 2014, at 8:52 p.m.
Sarah Karlan

1. The genius of the “Anaconda” remix:
VSJvylZ.jpg

2. This conversation:
i3sq01c.jpg

3. These serious career goals:
MNlf5qh.jpg

4. This series of snapchats:
W7fJGyQ.jpg7d6MhEv.jpgnl81mRx.jpg

5. Being the best at pretty much everything always:
7kzbO1E.jpg

6. The need for this technological advancement:
h3TlcMI.jpg

7. Wanting to give this little girl a huge high five:
ncjzw4k.jpg

8. The irony of life, in general:
dLJw0LY.jpg

9. This relationship status update:
Q5IBUmU.jpg

10. This clever pun:
6wZGwqU.jpg

11. This jarring police report:
xbhvrL4.jpgdhyJr9g.jpg

12. This little childhood tune:
ZZMN3cd.jpg

13. Connecting to Pushing Daisies on a scary level:
PWN7gaY.gif
Bring back Ned the pie maker, please.

14. This thought:
oCGUnAO.jpg

15. And this honest confession:
3pgah0q.jpg

16. That thing where you can… live forever:
bSs8CA8.jpg

17. This not-so-difficult decision:
125dbAV.jpg

18. This quick shutdown:
gndUwWh.jpg

19. This clever joke:
DA08QpS.jpg

20. And this one too:
ofzmJbr.jpg

21. Above all, the realness of this statement:
ZviNAUB.jpg

Edited by ithaca
  • Like 22

This is awesome! The posts were so relatable and funny, and the fact that it was a buzzfeed article means that lots of people will see it, which is good for ace visibility. Thanks for sharing! :D

• Like 1

ow my god that was great

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I particularly like the 'muffled asexual laughing' :P

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Fantastic!

Also, at the bottom I found this:

"Next on Buzzfeed News>

29 Hottest TV Sex Scenes of 2014, Ranked from Worst..."

Is it random that that's the article that they link to next, or was that intentional? Either way, I think it's really funny placement.

Fantastic!

Also, at the bottom I found this:

"Next on Buzzfeed News>

29 Hottest TV Sex Scenes of 2014, Ranked from Worst..."

Is it random that that's the article that they link to next, or was that intentional? Either way, I think it's really funny placement.

It's for the allosexuals who think, "No sex?!?! OMG WHAT AM I DOING HERE? GET ME OUT! ABORT! ABORT!"

• Like 1

Ah, OP beat me to it. I was very excited to see asexuality on Buzzfeed. A whole POST about asexuality. Very high traffic on that website, so high visibility. I'm also really glad they didn't choose malicious jokes that made fun of asexuals, but jokes from asexuals.

I WANT MORE!

verily-forsooth-egads

A whole year?! *GASPS AND CHOKES AND DIES*

Yeah they're definitely not all bang on point but still, a few funny ones and super exciting to get the visibility :)

• Like 2

But I also saw this Buzzfeed post and was totally baffled. Like, OMG, no sex for a year?! Unthinkable!

I've gone over 2 years they must think I need medical attention :P

Also #17 is my favourite, yes I would like to be so freaking beautiful but no sex is great!

Number 6 bugs me as it seems to imply we're all prudes. Or maybe I'm just the odd one out here in not minding, even liking sex scenes in movies/tv shows.

I wouldn't fast forward a sex scene, occasionally they make me cringe a bit... But it's sort of like a morbid curiosity if that makes sense...

• Like 1

Number 6 bugs me as it seems to imply we're all prudes. Or maybe I'm just the odd one out here in not minding, even liking sex scenes in movies/tv shows.

to be fair the OP has tagged it 'sex-repulsed', so even if buzzfeed has interpreted it to mean we're all like that, the OP didn't mean it that way.

i do get a bit frustrated at articles like this constantly lumping aro/sex-repulsed qualities onto asexuals because obviously they don't apply for all of us (and sometimes makes it harder when you've explained to someone that you're asexual and then they question anything romantic you do/say) ! but at the same time i guess i can't quibble with the fact that representation is representation - i don't like many buzzfeed articles that much so i suppose i'm unlikely to be much keener for one just because it's about my sexuality haha.

What exactly is "asexual battery"? Was someone hit with a seven-layer cake or something?

• Like 4

I came here to post this, but was beaten to it! It's great that we're being acknowledged!

littlepersonparadox

Nice to see buzzfeed actually post something that is constructive even if its minimal awareness. It didn't do anything to educate but it may make people stop and go: "wait there is such thing as asexuality?" Could push them to do further research. In other side of things personally i AM #21!

Also #6 is off about a lot of things, not just the asexuality but the pansexuality as well. They make it sound like pansexuals experience some sorta meta crisis and want to have sex with everyone they see. It doesn't work like that. They just are capable of feeling sexual attraction to any gender. Doesn't mean the'll find you hot. I think though what they were going for was a exaggeration of all sexualitys and then wen't overboard into encouraging myths territory.

In other side of things personally i AM #21!

Now I understand your obsession with Garlic Bread! I've noticed you always ask for it and order it if possible when we go to dinner!

This is so awesome :) I loved the jokes especially- the number of puns that can be made with asexuality... :D

• 1 month later...
cemeterywitch

The comments were the best part in my opinion.

That is wonderful. My favorite is two asexuals sitting in a tree, S-I-T-T-I-N-G

• Like 5

The ace atourney made me lol. xD

And even my favorite one is on here!

what

• Like 1