Rookie article about being aromantic

Thanks for posting a link to the article!

Of note, someone left this comment on there:

"Just a heads up to anyone who’s looking for information–AVEN is not actually a very good source. The basic information is okay, but if you start poking around in the forums, you’ll find out that there’s a TON of racism and elitism floating around. Racism is a problem in the asexual community anyway, but it’s super-concentrated on AVEN."

I think that's a logical fallacy because racism/elitism on forums doesn't necessarily mean the educational information on said forums or on the website, in general, "is not actually a very good source."

I think racism/elitism is a problem everywhere and not limited to AVEN or the asexual community.

nice article. although one part was not what I expected to read, and maybe got the context wrong. edit: I guess the author never claimed sexuality, only aromantic (and I hear some asexuals go for sex)

My life is filled with many wonderful and amazing relationships that don’t qualify as romantic but do contain varying types of intimacy, such as: holding hands, cuddling, long conversations about lives/needs/desires, crying together, making out, having sex, sleeping together, cooking together, food shopping together, sitting in silence together, going to parties together, taking care of each other when we’re drunk, texting several times a day, reading each other’s writing, trying new things together (food, activities, events), checking in with each other, and more.

thanks for the find!

Archived