(TMI Warning) Is there a way to nullify your libido? Kill your sex drive?

Please do not experiment with hard drugs, especially not the shit doctor's give out like candy. If you really want to medicate yourself, as a very last resort, try a very low dose of weed.

Um, what?

What I'm seeing is "Don't experiment with brain chemical-altering substances ... but maybe this one will do the trick."

Hard drugs. Alcohol, heroin, tilidine, xanax etc. I'm sure every single one of you consumes sugar and caffeine in one way or another and you do not see yourself as a junkie. No need to demonize a plant. I mentioned a very low dose as a very last resort. Marijuana, not hash. If I had to decide between a daily dose of weed or sugar, I'd gladly take the weed - Trust me!

If OP was hellbent on unnaturally altering his libido, marijuana definitely would be the smartest choice... For the dumbest approach. It works wonders for some, makes others feel uneasy. Maybe his libido disappears, maybe weed makes it stronger. Who knows. But it's neither going to ruin his mind nor body if he would like to try it.

I never tried weed actually, so I don't know what would be the outcome.

Besides, it is illegal here. And I already consume alcohol, not in huge amounts but fairly regularly...

I have nothing against it, but weed here come with so many other substances that I'd rather not risk trying it out.

But I will see if I can "suppress" it without mind altering substances, in case it fails, I'll talk to my doc and see what she says. :)

But the input is really appreciated. :3

What are your feelings on meditation and yoga? Surely there's a lot of BS coming from Hollywood and whatnot, but if you read the proper Buddhist sources, I'm sure you can find some relaxing techniques. Even just simple breathing techniques which can calm you down and have nothing to do with that! But of course it's intense, so, unless being alone with your thoughts worsens moments like that for you...

Good idea Kanenas, I've heard that some persons manage to control their libido better with meditation and yoga.

Hope_forArbuckle

I don't have any solution for that, although I don't agree with messing with your hormones or disfiguring any part of your body, but I know exactly how you feel, I am the same, and physical activity made it worse too, I also meditate and do yoga although I'm just a beginner I personally don't find it helps all that much and ignoring it can be quite frustrating , I understand not feeding the demon but I've tried that for a very long time and in my experience I think eventually you just pop, well as I said I don't have any solution but I just wanted to say.. I know that feels bro! ^_^

Ok maby make the experience of release less gross , if you do it more often , then you will only have to do it for a short time , like everyday , just a very quick one , maby doo it at night if you don't want to look at your... , also when you do it just pretend in your head that your a robot and you have just been programmed to do it , also think about how everything is just atoms and it means nothing , also mind over matter if you tell yourself that you won't be having sex everyday you will be less hôrny .

I don't have any solution for that, although I don't agree with messing with your hormones or disfiguring any part of your body, but I know exactly how you feel, I am the same, and physical activity made it worse too, I also meditate and do yoga although I'm just a beginner I personally don't find it helps all that much and ignoring it can be quite frustrating , I understand not feeding the demon but I've tried that for a very long time and in my experience I think eventually you just pop, well as I said I don't have any solution but I just wanted to say..

You have to flip the switch in your head. It's not just saying "I am not doing it when the time comes" when your mind and body are neutral, "I am not doing it now" while aroused is when your mental strength gets tested. One day it might happen that you actually mean no when you think or say no.

Before I experienced how content and great complete abstinence makes me feel, I made a similar experience to yours. I'm really into weight lifting, but instead of that knocking my lights out, I was hypersensitive (everywhere) once I calmed down and my muscles were recovering. But that has changed.

Exanimis' feelings are obviously not going to dissolve by just doing either a very straining or relaxing physical or mental activity. The urges are there, but his distaste for them is also there. So I think it's a very important factor for OP to understand why he feels so negatively about it. It's a downward spiral, unfortunately. I think that him looking into an activity can help flip said switch though as a replacement. I hear that many people actually randomly get aroused or mental images which will produce arousal when they are bored or have some time to waste.

Well I have been going for a while now ignoring ("ignoring" is not the perfect word but I can't find any other) my urges.

They are still there but I simply say "NO" to them and that's been it.

Althought I still get random boners and it is just.. bleh.. 7.7

I don't like to think about releasing it and I seriously don't feel like masturbating. And I didn't feel like doing it for the last few days, which is nice. :)

And at least I'm feeling more okey with myself. The morning woods and such are still insanely annoying though.

Well I have been going for a while now ignoring ("ignoring" is not the perfect word but I can't find any other) my urges.

They are still there but I simply say "NO" to them and that's been it.

Althought I still get random boners and it is just.. bleh.. 7.7

I don't like to think about releasing it and I seriously don't feel like masturbating. And I didn't feel like doing it for the last few days, which is nice. :)

And at least I'm feeling more okey with myself. The morning woods and such are still insanely annoying though.

this might be TMI, but

dont say I told you so, but if you do manage to continue this way, at least during the time you spend awake, you are going to bust a huge nut in your sleep. so i hope you wear boxers or undies or something. it washes right out so dont toss them.

Well at least when I tried doing things that way, this is what I experienced. I think I made it a week doing something similar to what you describe :blink:

XD

That made me laugh a little bit..

Ah well, if it happens in my sleep it won't be much of a problem.

It would though if it happens out of nowhere among people and shit.

That's the problem with this shit you know. It pops like Hope_foArbuckle said after some time.

But let's see what happens in the long run.

Spaceering, that is hilarious and true. When I was younger, I would always declare "I'm about to bust a nut!" because I seriously thought it was a hilarious way of saying I am so angry, my non-existent testicle might just pop. Well, oh well... I now know why people gave me a questioning look.