Are there any cis women that bind?

socks15

There are reasons to get "top surgery" when being a cis female. Though they often call it a mastectomy, or some such thing. But I know that one person did so because she was at a higher risk than average for breast cancer (I forget why or how she knew), and she was not particularly attached to them anyways. She decided "to get rid of her breasts before they got rid of her".

There are as many reasons for doing a thing as there are people who do it, as always ^_^

• 9 months later...
everywhere and nowhere

I wouldn't really call myself a cis woman, but I'm not that much trans either. I definitely don't identify as male in any way. I could describe my gender identity as "feminist gender" (as something distinct from just "female", "feminist gender" is a "nevertheless-female" identity intermediated by feminism), "femininity is a political and spiritual identity for me" (and not physical, not that much social or, Heaven forbid, sexual), I also sometimes use just "androgynous" as a shortcut. And I use binders. Sometimes. For me all my transgender behaviors are definitely related to asexuality: it's about not wanting to be perceived as a sexual object, not wanting to be sexually attractive. So I definitely dislike my boobs. I'd love to have tiny boobs, I feel like having a completely flat chest would in no way be contrary to a female gender identity for me either. I usually hide my boobs just by wearing clothes which don't make them very visible, but my clothing style is primarily focused around my preference for hippie/ethnic style. So some of my clothes have such lovely patterns, but are too tight up there and in this kind of situations I use a binder.

Archived