Sensuality/ giving

coppercoffeecup

coppercoffeecup

'kay so for starters this is my first post so it may not be well formatted

Alrighty well I just want to begin by saying that I'm gray-a/demi (still figuring it out) but I was wanting to know if there were any of you with similar views. To me, sex is a very emotional thing and can bond who ever participates. Now while I've never been in a situation where I want to have sex, I could see myself in a long term relationship and being sexually active either to please whoever I'm with or to express emotions. Everytime I think about the act of sex I never visualize myself as receiving but as more servicing.

Has someone had similar experiences/thoughts?

You can still have sex when you experience no sexual attraction/ are asexual at the time. Its still asexual; you're just willing to have sex while not having sexual attraction.

No; mainly because, although I'm of the main mindset, I can't picture anyone as the active partner.

I don't like or want sex, but with the right person I think I'm okay with "giving", depending on what they want. I'm way more dominant anyway, and I'd probably be okay with sex if I'm in a very close, committed relationship with someone I care about deeply and they happen to be sexual. I can't see myself receiving in most situations. I just don't want it, you know?

The grey zone can be odd. What you experience in a relationship can be different from others. The important thing is that you and your partner are happy, What your saying is plausible. Sex is complicated, I won't judge you.

And yes eating out with your partner is good in my books.

Well, I've never been in such a situation, either, I'm only 18. However, I believe I can become sexually attracted, albeit not to very intense a degree, to a guy I'll have formed a strong emotional connection with throughout years. I also think I'd enjoy it, but still, as I'm aromantic, I'm not capable of putting any emotion into it (I feel and express affection differently) - to us, sex would simply mean that we feel at ease around each other, and also a way of having fun as my body would almost certainly like it ;d. I'm not repulsed and I'm a curious person by nature and I'd even be tempted to try a one-night-stand sometime, but given it'd happen with someone whom I don't know I'm prone to think my body's going to feel like a lump of ice.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, sex is something that a partner (or partners, for that matter) and I just happen to stumble into; it's never the end goal in my mind. For me, the end goal is cuddling with some sensuality thrown in there. I know that for sexual people this is the starting point of sexual stuff, but this is my ending point. Much like your thoughts, sex to me is more about serving the other persons desires. I know all the little tricks and can get the job done. Do I enjoy it? Meh... I don't hate it? It's just not something I seek but am willing to go through if it happens.

Because sexuality is some type of service for me, it's something where I could see myself as either giving or recieving, though giving is probably soon to be off my list of possibilities for other nonasexual reasons.

I would believe I agree with you, as mostly sex to me has always been giving my partner what they wanted, some times I want it to, but more to show I care/feel emotionally comfortable with them and want them to be happy.

Archived