Realising you're ace?

Hello.
(I dont know if I was supposed to look for an old thread about this before I created my own or if it's even placed right)
Well, I was just wondering, how did you all realise you were ace? I'm still at the stage, where I feel like I might be asexual, but I'm not quite sure.
The thing is, I dont feel like I've ever experienced sexual attraction to anyone ever. However I've never been in a relationship, neither romantically or sexually, and I'm

only 19, so maybe I just really haven't found the right person yet, who knows.
Don't know how much sense that made.

Anyway, since I, myself, am a bit confused at the moment, I just wanted to know what other people's experiences are. :)

I figured it out through a complicated series of events involving a lot of sex and not a lot of attraction of any kind. But I don't think you need to be older or to have been in relationships in order to know you're asexual. I don't know. A lot of people say their attraction has even changed from sexual to asexual or from asexual to sexual over time. I'm no expert. I don't know how that works, but people are different and experiences differ from person to person. The most important thing is that you feel the label works for you. That's why the label is there. It needs to work for you, not you for it. :)

Personally, I just researched the terms (both for asexual and aromantic) and it just sort of...clicked. I was really young at the time (still am, only 15, so I wouldn't worry about being 'too young to know' if I were you!) so I wasn't 100% sure, but as time went on I've just started to fully identify as asexual and aromantic. Don't feel like you have to know for sure just yet, or at all, and just research on the topic a bit. And if you turn out not to be asexual, then that's okay, too! It might just take you some time to figure it out :)

thanks for sharing . it is really reassuring to hear what other people has to say about it .

When my primary sexual orientation was dying, I knew that I was on my way to being permanently asexual. 5 years and still counting...

I was asked by my friend in high school if I was bi since I referred to a woman as attractive. I eventually said i was bi-curious and then switched to saying I was bi, but then realized I didn't want sex or kissing or anything, though I thought of men and women in the same way. I looked it up and came up with this site and Asexuality Archive for research. After testing the word out I felt it fit and started using it.

I'm still not sure if it's right for me, however. Since I identify as a sexually averse ace, I'm not sure if I'm just a sexually repulsed bisexual. As of now, I'm ace, but that may change. I don't know.

I'm late 20s and only just started thinking about myself as a grey asexual. the fact I experience primary sexual attraction to some women made me think I'm heterosexual and the people around me were just very enthusiastic about sex. I still don't feel the need to have sex. I think my friend's in school stoped talking about sex in front of me to avoid uncomfortable conversations.

When I read about asexuality I recognised the similarities between it and me.

Statistics warning

Statistics say that the average age of first sexual attraction is 10 years, with the standard deviation being 3 years. That means that the section of people between 7 and 13 years makes up 68% of the people surveyed, the section between 4 and 16 years makes up 95%, and the section between 1 and 19 years makes up 99.7%. Other statistics say that asexuals make up 1% of the world's population, so there's a point (probably around 18 years old) at which if you haven't felt sexual attraction, then you're most definitely asexual in some way.

End statistics warning

It's very unlikely that you aren't on the asexuality spectrum. If it is a case of "meeting the right person", then you could be demisexual. But nobody can tell who you are but you, so keep looking if it's what you want.