• sci-fi
    • fantasy
    • superhero
    • documentary
    • musicals
    • romance
    • art house
    • war film
    • crime drama(like Silence of the Lambs or Seven)

This poll is closed to new votes

What kind of movies does everyone like here? I'm going with horror. Great camera work and makeup, dark and often rather deep themes, a sly sense of humour, and often no silly romantic love sub plot getting in the way of the story! What does everyone else like?

Musicals, sci fi, comedy and thrillers. (Scream and I know what you did last summer (and their sequels) ruined horror movies for me).

Scream was awesome. I can see where you are coming from with I Know What You Did Last Summer, specifically part 2 :|. But if these films destroyed horror for you, wouldn't that just be 90s horror as all the Scream clones were made in the 90s and by the time the 90s was over horror moved on from that style of slasher as it were.

I couldn't answer because there was no "good films" option haha.. I don't care *what* kind of film it is, if it's good, I love it!

Touching the Void

Spirited Away

Pulp Fiction

28 Days Later

Pandorum

Matrix

Pans Labyrinth

Snatch

Rec. + Rec. 2

127 Hours

Reservoir Dogs

Perfume the Story of a Murderer

Darjeeling Limited

Cold Mountain

Fantastic Mr Fox

True Detective (not a film but may as well be because it's so fekkin good)

Deadwood (again, not a film, but may as well be)

Kung Foo Panda lol

..to name just some of my faves ehe

EDIT: can I choose multiple answers? I could just tick the whole lot!

I picked my few definite favorites (ie sci fi and fantasy, and a few others) but if I could pick an "absolutely not, not ever!" option, that would be Musical haha.

Oh and I forgot Moon, that's an amazing movie (*-*)

That was hard to answer lol i HATE horror movies with passion but i LOVE psychological thrillers. I also like action and comedy.

I put horror and thriller together as I often can't tell the difference. Most so called thrillers just seem like PG-13 horror films to me, unless you are talking something like Silence Of The Lambs, which is a crime drama. Hmmm, maybe I should add crime drama.

Edit! There I think I got every kind of film in there!

To me horror is usually the lame version of thriller :p like thriller is often intelligent with an actual storyline etc, horror is often cheesy with beautiful women running around screaming haha.

Uuum for example (just randomly off the top of my head) I'd say Emily Rose was thriller, Chuckie was classic cheese-fest horror lol

EDIT: and se7en would be psychological thriller AND crime drama

I put horror and thriller together as I often can't tell the difference. Most so called thrillers just seem like PG-13 horror films to me, unless you are talking something like Silence Of The Lambs, which is a crime drama. Hmmm, maybe I should add crime drama.

I class SOTL as a psychological thriller. Se7en is the same. They're scarier than your average crime drama.

I class SOTL as a psychological thriller. Se7en is the same. They're scarier than your average crime drama.

Haha we both posted about se7en being a psychological thriller at exactly the same time :p

EDIT: oooh just saw that eched had actually added se7en up the top there, didn't even see that when I mentioned se7en haha.. definitely more physiological (EDIT: Damn you auto correct, I meant psychological :p) thriller than crime drama, though because it's about crimes I say it's bothish. Life of David Gale would also be crime drama and psychological thriller. *tries to think of a run of the mill crime drama* what's that one with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale? Ah Public Enemies.

EDIT2 and Buried would be straight up psychological thriller.. I think it was called buried anyway.. the dude buried in the coffin for the whole movie and all he has is a cell phone and lighter or something like that.

Ooh eched, you forgot body horror! Viral, Human Cenitpede, Anti-Christ, The Fly, Martyrs.. Under the Skin had some aspects of body horror too.. I love those sorts haha, the degeneration of the human body, so disturbing :p . Don't add it though because I've already cast my votes I can't vote anymore :c

WhenSummersGone

Horror/thriller, comedy, documentary, crime drama and sometimes romance. I mostly watch horror though.

I ticked Disney and romance, cause that's the kind of mood I'm in at the moment, but really I like all kinds of films. Just depends on the film. I might add, that although I ticked Disney, I did not like Frozen and it tends to annoy me to see it everywhere.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I like pretty much all film genres, but I have no stomach for horror. I end up hiding behind a cushion and missing most of the film :P

Horror/ thrillers,

Action ,

Fantasy,

Crime drama,

Superhero,

Documentaries,
and anime.

I love catastrophe movies like Day after tomorrow and stuff like that.

I'm fine with most genres of film (except maybe horror, which scares me too much!)... My favourite has got to be Disney though! Or any animation really! :D

Oh, and I have a weak spot for superhero movies. I think Guardians of the Galaxy is currently my favourite movie ever.

I chose almost everything except horror (I'm scared so easily lol) and romance and a couple others. My faves would be comedy and action/sci-fi. : ) And Disney! And anime...ok, I like a lot!

me, I'm very shallow. Lots of crash, bang, wallop will do. All I want is to escape for 90 minutes or so

Musicals NEVER.......action/adventure movies. YES!!!!!!! i.e. we're talking about Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Harry Potter< Iron Man, I robot, The Terminator movies, Robocop, The Librarian movies. Etc Etc.......blah blah......

drjohnhwatson

I picked what is probably my top five judging on what I often see at theater. Anime, Fantasy, Superhero, Disney, and musicals. I'm always down for a Marvel film and sometimes DC (then again DC right now has just been performing the Batman and Superman show which is sooo boooooring, blegh).

I love horror movies! :wub:

I include "The Silence of the Lambs" in the horror genre.

I enjoy superhero movies, too, although not nearly as much. I certainly watch more horror movies than anything else.

I think there should be a section (perhaps "sub-section" under superhero) for Marvel. damn, do they make a good movie. ;)

I like lighthearted films, mostly. Comedies and superhero and sci-fi.... stuff that takes me out of the "real world" for a couple hours.

Scifi, Fantasy, and horror (the latter as long as it's not too gory... I'll take an old Vincent Price or Christopher Lee flick over, say, the Saw franchise and its imitators any old day!)

I think that there should be an "epic" category, for films with huge budget and focused usually, but not NECESSARILY, on historical events such as wars or revolts, i.e: Kurosawa's Ran, Lawrence of arabia, Bridge over the kwait river, Ben Hur, 2001: A space odyssey...

Archived