Very Confused...

Purnkin Spurce

Purnkin Spurce

I've been on here for about 2 years now I think and there is still one thing left I'm confused about

So I know I am demi romantic, and for a while now identified as homoromantic as well. But the thing is I've only ever been inlove with one person my entire life, who happens to be a girl. I've never been romantically inlove with anyone else. I've had crushes but it's very rare without an emotional bond. And I have not had many emotional bonds besides family. In my mind, I prefer the idea of dating women. Nothing about (real life men) is romantically or sexually interesting to me, but I often find myself romantically and even sometimes sexual fantasizing (mostly in my head to wonder what it'd be like) about male fictional characters from my favorite tv shows and books. I fantasize about an idea of letting a man show romantic affection towards me and reciprocating it. But again, in real life it's just a " romantic turn off." If I picture myself being romantic with a girl I don't feel turned off at all. I feel fine, content, fuzzy puppy love. If I picture a man being as gentle, caring and loving as a woman then I don't feel quite that different. Idk how to make it sound less confusing. Is it a regular thing for asexuals to fantasize about fictional characters, but if those people were real and in front of you, you wouldn't feel that way?

Does anyone else relate?

Fictosexual is sexual attraction to fictional characters; real life, books, or animated. So if that's accurate it would be Ficto-heterosexual. The same if you also feel romantic attraction for fictional men.

Plus about 0.7 of one for relatability here. I don't like my characters myself, I just ship them.

Purnkin Spurce

Fictosexual is sexual attraction to fictional characters; real life, books, or animated. So if that's accurate it would be Ficto-heterosexual. The same if you also feel romantic attraction for fictional men.

wow there's a word for everything! Thanks for the info!

Plus about 0.7 of one for relatability here. I don't like my characters myself, I just ship them.

I often do that too. Who do you ship the most?

I kind of get what you mean :) I'm pretty sure I'm a heteroromantic, myself... but like you, I find it easier to crush on a fictional character than a real person. Not in a sexual way... but I can find myself romantically attracted to fictional characters. I don't discuss it with many people because a lot of them don't get it or find it strange, but that's how I am. I don't know if a part of it is because some fictional characters possess my ideal qualities in a romantic partner and people in real life just aren't that awesome, or if it just doesn't connect that way. Although... I have to admit that my standards for a romantic partner may be pretty high... it's hard to say if such a person even exists in real life. But... I do live in a very small area, so I may not know for certain until I leave this place.

Spock and McCoy from startrek and Erik and Charles from X-Men.

. . .

I'm female.

. . .

I think the gender neutrality I'm currently exploring forced me into slash, because I didn't want to be forced to read female characters and identify with them. So, if you've any het recs, feel free to share. I want to try again, knowing what I do now. Also, another thing is that the sex for me isn't the sexualiuzed bit . . . something else is, which often includes sex, but without it I don't even read the stories. Also, and negative, since realizing I'm asexual my desire for long drawn out stories makes more sense, because that avoids the sex scence, the actual act of which I don't like in all stories. And now I'm not so much looking forward to reading all of them. Well, win some and lose some.

Purnkin Spurce

Spock and McCoy from startrek and Erik and Charles from X-Men.

. . .

I'm female.

. . .

I think the gender neutrality I'm currently exploring forced me into slash, because I didn't want to be forced to read female characters and identify with them. So, if you've any het recs, feel free to share. I want to try again, knowing what I do now. Also, another thing is that the sex for me isn't the sexualiuzed bit . . . something else is, which often includes sex, but without it I don't even read the stories. Also, and negative, since realizing I'm asexual my desire for long drawn out stories makes more sense, because that avoids the sex scence, the actual act of which I don't like in all stories. And now I'm not so much looking forward to reading all of them. Well, win some and lose some.

That's pretty cool! So many ships and I only have a couple so far. I'd have to say Dean and Caz, (Supernatural Buffy and Faith, (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) Stiles and Derek (Teen Wolf)

I guess I am like you in that way, As far as the sex goes I only ship most of them romantically. Sexual tension is ok, but visualizing them gettin' it on just killz it. lol There should be more shows and movies that show the strong platonic/romantic bonds between people. Pacific Rim is a great example. The two main characters never shown and ounce of romance or sexual tension. It was partnership and a bit of friendship too. Also no kissing which was new!