Uncomfortable with public displays of affection?

MalevolentMask

romantic-woman

It is something personal, a private moment not to show to others that "hey look i kiss him", i don't wanna do anything in public except a kiss on the cheek maybe and i don't want to look other doing kisses and making out, i feel horrible. But some people don't respect anyone around or don't care about you, i try to go away and not stare there.

Depends on how graphic the PDA is, but sometimes public displays of affection can really gross me out because I'm a bit repulsed by romance. A hug or simple kiss is fine, but if the two people look like they are eating each others face I start to get awkward.

I also agree that sometimes it's weirder if I know the people who are doing the public displays of affection. Thankfully that doesn't happen very often though.

i remember the first time i noticed a public display of affection.

i was 17 in a shop and going up on the escalator, a man is on the same step as his girlfriend and he moves to the step on the escalator above her to kiss her. why?

this is why proper stairs are better and not the lazy persons escalators :D that was a joke last line

I don't so much mind PDA if it's subtle. When you love someone, you wanna show it. However, my general rule of thumb as to what's appropriate and what's not is whether or not I can hear you when you're doing whatever it is you're doing to each other. That can get uncomfortable real quick. But PDA in general doesn't bother me, and I have to an extent been the person doing it (respectfully!), so I guess that makes me slightly less inclined to judge.

I hug my friends in public and I don't mind to see quick kisses, but for me it's repulsing to see two people french kissing in the street, today a couple was doing that at the semaphore.

Junelovesbagels

I've never liked seeing PDA and I when I was in a relationship always tried not to show PDA. My partner was extremely touch and I never have been a touchy feely person anyways. I'm not comfortable with people seeing that anyways.

I think most people dislike public displays of affection

OVtKvh.jpg

:D

To me, I think PDA has certain levels. Like... green, yellow, red.

Code Green: holding hands and gazing into each others eyes :mellow:

Code Yellow: kissing on the cheek and quick kisses on the lips :wacko:

CODE RED: making out and grinding on each other :blink:

One time I was hanging out with my friends and one of them had their boyfriend there. So as I was talking to her about art I noticed her boyfriend was looking at her. I ramble on and then there's awkward silence as I wait for her to speak, but she and her boyfriend was looking at me... it took me a moment so I looked the other way and in my peripherals I see them making out for an awkwardly long time. Then I start talking to the other friends there and we all pretend that there's totally not a couple making out right next to me. :huh:

What I really hate is the smacking noise when people kiss. It drives me nuts, and it seems when people make out and stuff, especially in public, it's like they're feasting on an entire banquet. It just makes my skin crawl and I don't even like thinking about it now; I don't know why but honestly.

I just don't like PDAs at all. It makes me jealous and annoys me

Ditto. I can't stand kissing sounds in public spaces; but then again, I'm also easily irritated by noisy eating. Argh.

Personally, it grosses me out and always has. Even when I was in previous relationships, I couldn't stand for my SO to be affectionate with me in public. But as some have said I don't think it's a purely asexual preference to not want to see it.

I'd rather be in band.

Well, honestly, it depends on the degree of affection you're referring to.

For example, if it is a simple hug or a kiss, I don't mind. I mean, I don't really stare because that's a bit rude, however I don't mind seeing it in public.

However, if you're referring to a couple making out, grabbing each others' butts in public, etc., I'm a bit uncomfortable. This isn't something I attribute to my being asexual, since I've heard many sexuals speaking about how detestable displays such as these are. Personally, I just think that there always is a line that needs to be drawn by the couple. Practically doing-the-do in public is a bit inappropriate, I'd say. That might just be my opinion, though.

When other people do PDA, I don't want to be around them. It annoys me.

When I get lovey dovy, I prefer it to be private because I don't want to annoy other people.

For me, subtle signs of affection such as hand holding, peck hello/goodbye, kiss on cheek, forehead, and hand are fine with me. Otherwise, I feel a bit awkward and embarrassed. I prefer a private place though, where the moment can be just "ours", you know? ^_^

cheeringselenator

PDA makes me extremely uncomfortable. Like if I see people kissing on the street or in the mall or something I'm just like "eww"... I'm not a big fan of PDA at all! For me the only (occasional) exception would be seeing some of my favorite celebrity couples with small amounts of PDA and I can think its cute, but for people I know or just random people around it grosses me out. I always have to look away.

Used to hate it when I was long-term single. Nowadays my partner and I do a lot of hugging/cuddling/brief kissing in public out of necessity(we don't get to spend a lot of time alone, maybe once a month). I also feel a lot more sympathetic when I see other people doing it, and my attitude has become more of a "Hey, I wonder how they express their affection, maybe I can learn something" rather than "Ewww get a room".

I also think that even if you don't outright hug/cuddle/kiss, it will be impossible to miss that two people are a couple if they're really into eachother. Some people seem to have a problem with just that, and well, there's not really anything you can do to please those.

Calligraphette_Coe

I think they're cute as long as they don't turn into narcissistic 4 scene plays. In a world that also has another form of PDA, Public Displays of Aggression, it don't think they're the bigger problem.

butterflydreams

Not gonna lie; when I was in high school, the only PDA I knew about was my Palm Zire 72 :D

Truth be told, it was a little bothersome in high school, but only the very worst offenders got to me. There was this one couple who would just go at it constantly. I couldn't understand at all how you could do something like that for so long. Even during lunch. I don't know that I ever saw either of them even eat anything! Really though, at that time, there were far worse things that caused me to get upset, so I didn't pay it too much attention.

I'm not opposed to it on principle at all. To me, you just look goofy when doing it, and god knows there's no rules about not looking goofy. I guess a small part of me thinks it's somewhat cute. But, being alone long term has caused me to lose interest in such things.

I don't mind (sometimes) if people are holding hands, hugging, or giving a quick kiss. Those moments can be "aww," or tolerable at least (it depends on how I'm feeling that day haha). Buuuut...the long kissing and making out? Or touching and grabbing in other ways...welllll, that I feel should be left private lol. I'm grossed out by those kinds of PDA's and the possible sounds that come with it. Cringe-worthy.

Simple stuff used to bother me, even holding hands... I worked through a lot of issues though and holding hands is okay for me now, even though there's a lot that isn't. I hate PDA, can't stand it, I think it's disrespectful and people shouldn't make you watch their stuff, honestly. Sometimes I just want to bleach my eyes.

Snuggling or holding hands doesn't bother me but kissing sometimes does. If I'm far enough away from a simple kiss I'm alright but if I'm right next to them it makes me feel a little sick. Watching people make out ALWAYS bothers me no matter how close or far away they are. It's a private thing, do it when no one else is around.