What is it about yourself that you wish you could change, but you "can't"?

Zerο

Whether it be luck, intelligence, physical ability, skills, etc.

For me, I think I'd have to go with my physical appearance. I just don't like human bodies. I don't know what it is, but whenever I look at someone or myself for too long (over a couple seconds) my perception starts to sharpen and I begin to see every physical flaw and blemish. Whether it's excess weight, too little weight, asymmetry, disfigurations, or etc the longer I stare the worse it gets until it starts feeling grotesque. It's weird, but I don't get the same feeling towards plants and animals.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I wish I could sing really well :redface:

Seriously though, I wish I could be better at thinking of the long-term. I'm working on it, but it doesn't come naturally to me.

My height for sure. What I wouldn't give to be a few inches taller. Also to have higher intelligence. Just to have that natural ability to understand problems more easily and be able to process things faster.

Touchofinsight

I wish I could experience stronger emotion at times. I am so level headed and calm for the most part, I generally don't have many highs or lows in terms of emotion. I feel like I have missed out on a lot of what life has to offer but I just don't have strong emotional reactions to just about anything.

My height. My self esteem and body image would probably be a hundred times better if I were taller :/

I have anxiety and likely depression as well (its genetic in my family). I think if do well without both of those. For a personality trait, sometimes I hate how empathetic I am. Other people's bad news can make me so sad...

I wish my body was completely genderless.

Me too...

And I'm really thin (I've inherited my stick insect appearance from both my parents) and it's got so many negative comments, so I sometimes wish I had a bit more weight.

I wish I could experience stronger emotion at times. I am so level headed and calm for the most part, I generally don't have many highs or lows in terms of emotion. I feel like I have missed out on a lot of what life has to offer but I just don't have strong emotional reactions to just about anything.

Yeah I wished that and then wished for less emotions when I received them. I do still wish to be almost emotionally neutral 90% of the time. It's great to be calm and logical while dealing with crisis.

Randomly getting painfully from eating anything. I'd really like to change that.

I wish that too.......stomach disease has been a long battle and I wish I can maintain a normal GI track.

I have anxiety and likely depression as well (its genetic in my family). I think if do well without both of those. For a personality trait, sometimes I hate how empathetic I am. Other people's bad news can make me so sad...

I wish I would be less sensitive to others feeling and focus on my tasks more. Depression took a chunk of my life and I finally fought back but empathy is still around.

My height. I hate being 5' bloody 1"! Also my eyesight (myopic) and my bust size (too bloody big).

No anxiety/mood issues, gender, and I'd be less introverted. And have an eidetic memory, that'd be useful. I'd also have hair/eyes/etc that changed with my mood, wings, be able to shape-shift, and possibly teleport/time-travel and/or control the elements (you said things I can't change, why not go all out?). And probably other things.

butterflydreams

My height. I hate being 5' bloody 1"! Also my eyesight (myopic) and my bust size (too bloody big).

Oh my, yes. Stupid eyesight! I used to be really self-conscious about being short (5' 7") but now my goal is simply to take advantage of that by one day owning one of those tiny street-legal European "go karts" such as a Porsche 911, Alfa Romeo Spider, MGB Roadster, or Japanese Toyota MR2. Good luck fitting yourself into one of those comfortably if your over 5' 10" :P

Sometimes I wish I could be taller, had skinnier legs, and have no stretch marks on my thighs

Also I wish I had the ability to switch genders like some days I want to be a guy and others a girl.

I wish I could express myself better creatively and also I guess I put things off too much using the excuse that it'll all be fine, it means I never revise and everything I rarely get things finished once I've started them.

My absentmindedness, probably, as I haven't really been able to "fix" it. It's been there pretty much forever, and now that I've adult responsibilities, it's causing me actual trouble, both social and financial.

I was just about to start the engine today when I realized that I didn't have my driver's license with me again. Got pretty spooked.

drjohnhwatson

I would like to lose weight and get rid of my enooormous chest. It bothers me so much and gets way too much unwanted attention, even though I often cover it up as best I can. I'd love to have perfect vision, too.

I'd love to control my attention. Be able to retain information better. Learn information and languages easier.

I'd change my luck as well. I'd change almost everything, honestly.

<_<.

My anxiety would definitely be the first thing I would change, because it's really starting to effect my life really badly, to the point where some days I can't drive or even get out of bed.

If I were allowed to change a second thing, or if anxiety weren't an option for some reason I'd like to be a bit smarter. I'm naturally good at getting straight A's in school, but I wouldn't say I'm actually smart, I've just learned tricks to cost through classes and do well on tests. Despite the fact that I'm probably only slightly better than average, a lot of people see me as a math or science genius, and sometimes I wish I could live up to their expectations.

SorryNotSorry

This is a suckety-wuck point in time to be a lonely single man, so I'd want to be my ideal woman but without a uterus.

Also, I'd like to be a foot shorter.

I wish I was a mega athlete with infinite amount of patience, energy, vitality, stamina, and power.

Hand-eye coordination? I'd like faster reflexes and athletic skills - probably what I really need is to get rid of my chronic procrastination.

My mortality and underdeveloped human comprehension and understandment of the universe...

That was quite philosophical.

Archived