Asexuality Documentary

Sebastian Grace

Sebastian Grace

Some Ryerson University students made a documentary about asexuality as their final project. Several people with accounts on here were interviewed for it, including myself, Brian Langevin, and CJ Chasin. If you would like to see it, the link is here.

For some reason, the video starts around a quarter of the way into the programme so you'll need to start it from the beginning until I can figure out how to fix the link.

Edited by ithaca
  • Like 8

Very nice, well done everyone! :cake::cake:

And the vid started at zero...

Brilliant video!! Everything very well explained! Good job!

I thought the people interviewed were very articulate and covered all the points that need to be made to raise awareness and understanding. Personally I found the compilation of numerous relatively short clips a bit disjointed, but overall it's a really valuable film. Thanks very much to the people who made it and participated in it, and I hope lots of people get to see it.

Excellent video, and very well done! :cake:

Thanks to all who were involved.

Wow, thanks for sharing! Just recently (and I mean recently) have been questioning if I'm asexual or not; I didn't really even know the term existed until a few weeks ago. And after reading some information on this site and hearing everyone's experiences and views, yeah, I really do relate. A lot.

• Like 1

"Encore"

[*sitting at desk ovation*]

Ciao

Awesome job!!! Thanks to everyone involved for working on this, really!

I think it would have been nice to acknowledge history previous to Kinsey, but I can understand Bogaert either doesn't know of it, or is America-focused. And besides that, the only comment I found a bit condescending was the one about consent for all other asexual people. But I guess that's one person's opinion, it just rubbed me the wrong way 'cause I know I'm perfectly able to say yes or no if I want or not want to have sex with a partner, and having that questioned (for me and other people) doesn't do justice to this documentary I think.

• Like 1

Awesome job!!! Thanks to everyone involved for working on this, really!

And besides that, the only comment I found a bit condescending was the one about consent for all other asexual people. But I guess that's one person's opinion, it just rubbed me the wrong way 'cause I know I'm perfectly able to say yes or no if I want or not want to have sex with a partner, and having that questioned (for me and other people) doesn't do justice to this documentary I think.

Same here. I think they meant well it just came out all wrong.

As for the documentary itself it's well put together, informative, and well rounded and the interviewees had some well spoken answers. It needs to be seen by everyone outside the asexual community just so we can be better understood. I applaud their efforts.