Does anybody else feel like they are Homosexual and Hetro romantic?

Autumnwind

As of where my life stands at the moment that's how i feel

i'm curious as to if others out there like me.

I'm pretty sure there are others like you since I read a post on facebook by a lady who said she was a homoromantic heterosexual. :)

We've had a couple people like that on here. The most common term for it right now is cross-orientation.

I used to think I was homosexual/heteromantic.

I'm AFAB, and I've always been aesthetically (and romantically) attracted to boys. I used to think I was just straight. But then I got older and started noticing girls too. And I knew I didn't want to have sex with boys. So I was kind of thinking maybe I'm just homosexual/heteromantic. But then I also realized that I didn't want to have sex with girls either. I'm much more comfortable with the idea of having sex with girls, but I still don't want to.

Then I started wondering if I would like guys sexually if I was also a guy, but that's a whole other line of thought.

So now I just identify as asexual/panromantic.

(This is my first post on AVEN :) I couldn't resist responding to this)

I often feel that way, but with asexual thrown in ^^. I'm definitely hetero-romantic which is what made me think I was heterosexual for most of my life. And I don't experience sexual desire (I prefer that definition of asexuality to sexual attraction, because I feel that sexual desire is a bigger indicator and sexual attraction is too vague, and least to me ^^.) towards anyone. However I feel like I experience sexual attraction towards mainly women, sometimes men, but zero romantic attraction to women. I just find the female body more sexually (and aesthetically) attractive. But with no interest or desire to have sex with anyone regardless of sex or gender.

Sorry, I don't know if any of that made sense! :)

My brother probably qualifies as bisexual and heteroromantic. He has said so, just not using that language.

pale-landscape

Yep, that's pretty much what I am. I don't find men sexually attractive in the slightest (I find them pretty revolting, actually). While sex with women sounds slightly better and closer to "right" for me, I've never felt romantically attracted to women like I have with men, and don't find sex with either men or women appealing in a real life situation.

Huh. Maybe; I'd try sex with a women before a man, because of the lack of penatration. But, because of my romantic orientation, I'd never get myself into that situation in the first place. So, for me it is a non-concern.

WhenSummersGone

Yep, that's pretty much what I am. I don't find men sexually attractive in the slightest (I find them pretty revolting, actually). While sex with women sounds slightly better and closer to "right" for me, I've never felt romantically attracted to women like I have with men, and don't find sex with either men or women appealing in a real life situation.

I am the same. Looking at men sexually does nothing for me. The idea of sex with women sounds better but I still don't think about sex that much. I remember being curious when I was little and I still am sometimes.

Well, I'm asexual, but I am in a similar situation regardless. I'm physically attracted primarily to females, though I can admire the physical appearance of adrogynous or highly feminine males. But I'm grey-aromantic, and I've only been romantically attracted to one person throughout my life. That person happens to be male. I also have no physical attraction for him whatsoever despite my strong desire to be in a romantic relationship and willingness to be physically intimate with him (though not sexual). Basically I consider myself to be a lesbian in a hetero-normative relationship, though in a way it is not entirely since I view myself as transmasculine agender.

Ok, my new friends here, I need an answer please. Can someone help to categorize me? To hopefully give me a "label" that I can happily carry around with me in my mind? Because I am thoroughly confused and unable to sort this out. I think the above conversations are going in the direction of ME... So, let me describe ME.....

I am aesthetically and /or romantically attracted to females more often than males. And to males very rarely. Like once every 10 yrs. (So, that tells you how often I feel any attraction to a female, which would probably pan out to be on the average of once every 6 mths to a year?). Furthermore I am sexually attracted NEVER to either sex. The thought just repulses me. So in closing, would the correct term be "cross orientation" OR something else that I am unaware of? I really want to know if its possible to determine. Thank you for all your time! :)

Ok, my new friends here, I need an answer please. Can someone help to categorize me? To hopefully give me a "label" that I can happily carry around with me in my mind? Because I am thoroughly confused and unable to sort this out. I think the above conversations are going in the direction of ME... So, let me describe ME.....

I am aesthetically and /or romantically attracted to females more often than males. And to males very rarely. Like once every 10 yrs. (So, that tells you how often I feel any attraction to a female, which would probably pan out to be on the average of once every 6 mths to a year?). Furthermore I am sexually attracted NEVER to either sex. The thought just repulses me. So in closing, would the correct term be "cross orientation" OR something else that I am unaware of? I really want to know if its possible to determine. Thank you for all your time! :)

That sounds to me like you might be a grey-romantic asexual. The asexual part seems clear, if you experience no sexual attraction to any sex or gender, which you say is the case. I guess greyness in your romantic orientation because of just how infrequently you seem to experience romantic attraction, but the direction of your romantic orientation may be homo-romantic, or very strongly homo-leaning biromantic. Eh, it's really up to you, but I hope this helps somewhat.

I personally think that if you're experiencing romantic attraction of any kind more than once a year, you would not fall under the grey spectrum. I'd say there are plenty of alloromantic people experiencing romantic attraction at the same frequency, or even less often, from those I have talked to. You could say you are bi-romantic asexual. Bi just means you are interested in both. It lays no requirements on the level of interest. You would be a bi-romantic person with a much heavier interest in females. For instance, I've only experienced romantic attraction once in my entire life, and that person happens to be male, by a complete coincidence, though. I identify as bi-sensual, but to be honest, I almost never am physically or sensually attracted to males. 98% of my attraction is for females. But every once in awhile, I am attracted to a male (especially if he is feminine), so I consider myself technically bi. But I'm asexual. There is no sexual attraction involved with me.

So, yeah, basically you sound like a bi-romantic asexual to me, with a strong preference for women. Or you could just say that you are gyno-romantic (romantically attracted to females) and that every once in awhile there is a male that is the exception. Since it is so very rare. I wouldn't consider you a cross orientation, though. That would require opposing attractions. Such as how I'm basically only physically attracted to females, but the once romantic attraction I ever experienced was male. I'm not physically attracted to him in any way.