Attracted to my best friend

maccheese

Hello all. I have had a best male friend for over 14 years. For some reason, it just never came to mind that we should be in a romantic relationship. Well, over the years, I have since gotten married. In the last few months, I have become more romantically attracted to my friend. Of course as an asexual, sex is unnecessary, but I am married to a sexual man and as we know, the line if cheating can be very fine. I wouldn't want to wreck my friendship by having sex with my friend anyway. I really value what we have. What to do?

Hello all. I have had a best male friend for over 14 years. For some reason, it just never came to mind that we should be in a romantic relationship. Well, over the years, I have since gotten married. In the last few months, I have become more romantically attracted to my friend. Of course as an asexual, sex is unnecessary, but I am married to a sexual man and as we know, the line if cheating can be very fine. I wouldn't want to wreck my friendship by having sex with my friend anyway. I really value what we have. What to do?

Are you polyamourous?

In the interest of maintaining a stable and clean/clear long run relationship with your marriage partner AND your best friend,

I say just forget about romance with your best friend and remain friends.

What I just said was harsh, and possibly insensitive, I'm sorry, but this is the most logical, safe, and best for long term stability in my opinion.

The reason is because you are in a committed marriage, and the other person is a best friend.

On a side note, I have assumed the most traditional parameters of your situation and there are many kinds of relationships and I have heard that some marriage partners do not mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, Poly is not an option as my husband wouldnt be interested. I guess I'll just wait for these feelings to pass...sigh

Archived