Greetings and Salutations

Dantius

Greetings and Salutations, fellow Asexuals.

As per custom and appropriateness, I believe I shall begin with my first introduction to this site by providing some information regarding my history.

To me, Asexuality is something that, until several years ago, had been a word used to describe creatures that reproduce without need of a mate (if I am understanding correctly). I had never considered myself necessarily any different from others in terms of sexuality until I actually learned what sexuality itself was, which actually made me want to vomit (no offence to sexuals). It was then I realised that I was different, but I had initially assumed that it was more of a choice, that lack of interest in sex and lack of sexual attraction in general was simply something that I chose to pursue, until I learned just how strongly other people feel these urges that I had heard so much about.

I wondered, as many other Asexuals did, if maybe there was something wrong with me, but unlike many other Asexuals, I was not worried. This instead made me feel happy and I would not have traded it for anything. It was satisfying to know that there was something that separated me from the rest, made me feel a little less "normal", and I welcomed that notion. Then I learned that Asexuality existed, although I do not recall the exact circumstances. Now I was not disappointed to learn that there were others like me (although maybe a very, very little bit), rather I was somewhat ecstatic to learn that I was not alone in what I personally considered to be a gift.

Then I discovered AVEN and stalked the forums for a few years, focusing most of my time on the Asexual Musings and Rants section, closely followed by World Watch. I never much thought of joining since I am far from the most social person in the world, but I recently decided that it would be an enlightening experience to connect with people that share similarities with me, especially considering I am starting to take bigger steps into the world.

However, I have never revealed my Asexual status to my parents and brothers. I do not fear what they might think, as not only do they love me to death, but they are incredibly reasonable and understanding. Rather I have not came out to them for two reasons: first, I would rather avoid a "coming out" moment. I would imagine the awkwardness to be... uncomfortable. I would rather not sit them down and begin with a "There is something I have to tell you." Secondly, I feel I do not need to. My parents know very well that I have no real interest in sex (although I do fear that this might secretly be concerning for them), and it is not something they have ever discussed with me, for which I am thankful. I learned about the reproductive process through the internet, which has saved me from what I believe is known as "the talk", of which I am also most thankful for. Ultimately, I feel there is no reason to mention it.

A few details about myself...

I am immensely interested in philosophy in various forms.

I am not fond of profane language, although I am more than willing to tolerate it (you have to on the internet).

I believe insults changes no one's mind.

I possess an unusual obsession with speedos.

I am not very emotional.

I am very much into gaming, PC gaming specifically.

I have been thinking of organizing to make an indie horror game.

Treating my fellow human beings the best I can is very important to me.

I am mildly obsessive compulsive.

That is my dose of honesty for the time being. Feel free to ask me other questions if you are interested in learning more about me, although certain private information, such as my real name, are quite off-limits as I am highly self-conscious about my privacy.

So greetings, once again.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for introducing yourself. : ) It's great how your mindset has been about being different and being asexual! It can be a different feeling for everyone, so it's wonderful that it's always been positive for you. As for coming out...you never have to. It's always a personal choice. It's really not necessary to tell anyone about it! You're you, no matter what, and like you said, your family loves you a ton anyway. : )

I hope you'll enjoy being a member here! We do have a philosophy section of the forum, so I bet you'll like it here. Best wishes!

dd0530da11c7048530ea975885638f03.jpg

Greetings and welcome to the AVEN community! I'm sure you'll fit in nice and snuggly here. At first your icon attracted me, I'm quite the UFO and extraterrestrial enthusiast, but I see you're a gamer as well. I'll be going to college for game design once fall rolls around, assuming I get accepted to the schools I applied to. But enough about me. Again, welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Hi and welcome! I really liked your intro...honest and refreshing. It's nice to hear about people who are okay with the idea of being different. I can also appreciate the feelings you have regarding talking to your parents about it (it reminds me of telling people on a need to know basis, which I can respect). Anyway, I hope you love being part of this awesome community, I'm glad you decided to join! :)

BxVURvV.jpg

Many thanks for all the warm welcomes. I greatly appreciate it and I look forward to a spending many years here.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for introducing yourself. : ) It's great how your mindset has been about being different and being asexual! It can be a different feeling for everyone, so it's wonderful that it's always been positive for you. As for coming out...you never have to. It's always a personal choice. It's really not necessary to tell anyone about it! You're you, no matter what, and like you said, your family loves you a ton anyway. : )

I hope you'll enjoy being a member here! We do have a philosophy section of the forum, so I bet you'll like it here. Best wishes!

dd0530da11c7048530ea975885638f03.jpg

I thank you greatly. My only regret is that not everyone else experiences as much ease in accepting being different as I do. I can only hope to be a good friend to them and all other Asexuals here who have had it far more difficult than me.

Greetings and welcome to the AVEN community! I'm sure you'll fit in nice and snuggly here. At first your icon attracted me, I'm quite the UFO and extraterrestrial enthusiast, but I see you're a gamer as well. I'll be going to college for game design once fall rolls around, assuming I get accepted to the schools I applied to. But enough about me. Again, welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Many thanks for the welcome. Indeed, extra-terrestrials, especially the "grey" aliens in particular, have always been a favourite of mine, whether they exist in modern legend or fiction. Specifically, my icon is of the aliens from "Taken", the Steven Spielberg mini-series that no one seems to be familiar with, much to my disappointment.

Hi and welcome! I really liked your intro...honest and refreshing. It's nice to hear about people who are okay with the idea of being different. I can also appreciate the feelings you have regarding talking to your parents about it (it reminds me of telling people on a need to know basis, which I can respect). Anyway, I hope you love being part of this awesome community, I'm glad you decided to join! :)

BxVURvV.jpg

I thank you greatly for the welcoming. As I said before, it saddens me that there are so many who do not experience as much satisfaction from being different, and therefore I seek to help them however I can. I am glad that you enjoyed my honest introduction. I feel that it is necessary when introducing myself to let people know who I am as best I can. While I cannot summarise myself in complete detail, I feel I have done well enough to convey some of my basic traits.

So again, many thanks to you all of you and the rest who welcomed me to AVEN. It is sure to be an enlightening experience, especially as I approach my enrollment into university next year.

Archived