How do you feel about french kissing?

Sakurastar

Poll: How do you feel about french kissing?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about french kissing?

• Ew, I can't even look.
    • I'm okay seeing it but it is not for me.
    • I do it but it is more for my partner than me.
    • I do it but I can only enjoy it with someone I love or have a deep bond with.
    • I enjoy it very much.

FinallyReadyToBeHere

Here's how I realized that it was not for me-- I felt like there was something wrong with me when I kissed my last boyfriend and I didn't like it. I soon found out that was not the case: I just did not like having someone else's tongue in my mouth, period.

I enjoy french kissing. No buzzing lights and emotional highs but it is a different feeling I enjoy and arguably find pleasureable.

iamphoenixfire

I cannot answer the poll because I have never experienced a french kiss, but I would be quite willing to try it if I ever find a person I am comfortable being intimate with in such a way. Call it pure human curiosity as well as writer's curiosity. ^_^

Maaay or may not have had my first french kiss because I wanted to write about one.

Exactly! XD Trying to write about a kiss when one has never experienced it is.... well, let's just say that I've read more articles and watched more videos on kissing than the average person will probably ever think to do so.

yeah what happened with me was that i wanted to write a kissing scene for a story and a guyfriend volunteered. he thought i was attractive, and i knew that, and i also knew there was no romantic interest. so we kissed. and it was awesome! but yeah, i too have read articles and watched videos more than the average person has haha.

TheLandsBeyond

I'm not a fan. In the past, I've put up with it for my partners, but I hope to never do it again. Much too wet for my taste, and just thinking about it repulses me. Closed mouth kissing is okay, though I only do it as a symbol of affection. Before I'd ever been kissed, I thought it would be amazing, but it does absolutely nothing for me.

Definitely not for me. I don't see the appeal of swapping saliva. Still interesting in kissing, just not with tongue.

I don't really like it; it's kinda gross to me. :c I do it for my partner though, and they don't know that I don't care for it. xP

It's alright but I'm not a huge fan. I quite like being kissed on the neck, it tickles.

I have never found the idea appealing at all, and I tend to be repulsed by saliva and the idea of all the bazillions of germs in the average person's mouth, not to mention other possible issues like bad breath, dirty teeth, dental hardware, etc. In fact, in many ways I find the idea of French kissing much harder to deal with than giving oral sex (to a male). Honestly I'd rather do that (give oral) than French kiss my bf. I've never done it before but I know he wants to kiss me and one of these days it will probably happen, but I can only hope I can deal with it when it does. I just hope I won't get a killer urge to run out and get some mouth wash pronto....

Conscientious Ghost

No thank you. I feel disinterested to try French kissing let alone kissing with anyone.
If people do it, it's their way to express their interest and that's all right with me.

WhenSummersGone

I don't really enjoy watching it and I can only see myself enjoying it with a close romantic partner. I wouldn't find a random person to do it with.

How other people choose to demonstrate their affection for one another is their business, not mine. I don't typically care, but I'm also not wild about people who make a scene about demonstrating their affection either. For me personally, I like forehead kisses and cheek kisses. I greatly dislike teeth and the germs that live in mouths, so lips touching lips has to be a very brief contact. Anything more, and I find it a bit squicky.

I've done it in silly situations, like being bar-bi with a friend. It's playful. I don't like watching it. That's a big turn-off.

FemmeFatalista

I don't mind it. However, I really only enjoy it when the other person is someone with whom I have a strong connection. Otherwise, I spend that precious time wondering how much longer it's going to continue because there are other, more interesting things I could be doing. :p

Touchofinsight

I hardly even enjoy normal kissing so french kissing isn't for me. It isn't coming from a context of disgust just complete ambivalence. Like meh, this is just annoying and I can't get into it. Its like this is doing nothing for me and its slightly uncomfortable because yea your really into it and im not so its just someone sticking their tongue in my mouth. Ya....

Gross...I don't want to see French people kissing or any other people kissing. I especially don't want to see an Australian kiss....it's like a French kiss but down undah.

Gross...I don't want to see French people kissing or any other people kissing. I especially don't want to see an Australian kiss....it's like a French kiss but down undah.

Bah dum tish

Nope, don't think I would like French kissing at all, and hope any future boyfriends don't try it on me. I don't even like to share straws with people because of the excess saliva that gets left on the straw after they drink it. If I even feel a hint of a glob of saliva going in my mouth, I'm like to throw up. :wacko:

I'm already worried about just regular kissing (totally inexperienced, never done anything). I'm sure it might feel different with a boyfriend, but all I know is I hate kissing relatives. Just regular closed mouth pecking, usually leaves wet residue on my mouth, and I always have to carefully turn away so I can wipe it all off my mouth before they see and get offended. I'm nervous I'll probably be just as disgusted with a boyfriend, because it seems like it's not the people that disgusts me, it's purely the saliva.

It's really not all that unsanitary compared to other things we do, unless your kissing partner has exceptionally terrible hygiene.

True when compared to how some people never wash their duvet covers and still sleep in that.

I must point out that Sexually Transmitted Diseases, such as herpes, can be contracted through saliva exchange and thus kissing poses a health hazard.

The actual act - I like quite a bit. I'm not really fussed about germs or whatever, and like the intimacy of it, but I have no interest in doing it with someone who I don't have a strong connection or bond with, more specifically of a romantic nature.

I've never felt the urge to kiss someone like that so I can't say I quite understand why it's a desirable thing to do. Hypothetically I'd quite like to be competent at it for the sake of making romantic relationships a little easier to deal with. The prospect of french kissing is frankly intimidating to me - I refuse to believe that it just "comes naturally" and the guides I've found range from frustratingly vague to worse than useless

I have never kissed someone so I don't really know, but I made the stupidity to look when my best friend was french kissing her annoying boyfriend and it was disgusting, the horrifying image remains in my head, I told her and she laughed

Depends. Open mouth is nice and such, but tongue is awkward and....I dunno. Not gross or displeasurable, but just eh. :p I guess depends on your definition of french kissing.

I mostly find French kissing very disgusting and I prefer to not see anyone doing it. I only did it once myself and, suppressing my disgust, I was just bored by it. Moving your tongue in a more or less random fashion, why would anyone find enjoyment in such an activity? At least I got complimented on how good I was apparently.

Depends on the person and if I'm in the mood to be kissed at the time.

Occasionally I crave a good kiss. Having been single for so long, I miss intimacy, being held like I matter or treated like I'm desirable by someone respectful.

When I was on holiday, there was a guy I thought was attractive, he liked me too, and we ended up in the same club one night. I asked him if he wouldn't mind indulging me, and we danced on a podium and kissed all night. It was fantastic.

If I'm not in the mood for it though, man, I can't stand it. An ex of mine liked to dip and french kiss me at unexpected moments. I hated that, bad times all around.

Archived