OKcupid adds asexual

That asexual guy

So I probbaly Need To delete my new profile on okc until they actually have an asexual option. :(

Okcupid has really up-ed their game! They actually base quick matches on what you like now. I love it! :D

So I probbaly Need To delete my new profile on ok ipod until they actually have am asexual option. :(

Why? You could just indicate it on your profile and pick whichever orientation fits you the best that they have now. You could always 'disable' it instead, so all your previous effort wasn't wasted.

So I probbaly Need To delete my new profile on ok ipod until they actually have am asexual option. :(

Why? You could just indicate it on your profile and pick whichever orientation fits you the best that they have now. You could always 'disable' it instead, so all your previous effort wasn't wasted.

Point taken. You are quite correct.

I don't have an account there but that's great! Now if facebook would just add romantic orientations that'd be great.....

If you select one of the new orientations, you get an option for whether or not you want to be "seen" by straight people. Hmmm. This would certainly cut down on the creepy, gross messages, but that eliminates a lot of potential friends.

UPDATE #1: I did this out of curiosity (after choosing "asexual"), and now I'm just getting bisexuals (nothing wrong with bi people, but literally all my matches now are bi). Which doesn't really help me out, because they're still allosexuals.

UPDATE #2: There are no asexual people on OKCupid within 250 miles of me. I am going to assume that it's because it's not an option for most people yet. Still depressing.

How did you get to select it? I still have no option for it.

Update! So I sent them a message in feedback and they added me to the people to try out the new listings! I'm really sort of loving these people right now! You have to do it through the desktop site...mobile and app won't let you change it!

• Like 1

I've just been on to OKcupids main page to see if it's been added and it has along with other options and other options for Gender.

Man, that's double-extra weird, because I just went to their main page to sign up and give it a shot, but it's only displaying the old 3/2 options.

How did you get to select it? I still have no option for it.

Update! So I sent them a message in feedback and they added me to the people to try out the new listings! I'm really sort of loving these people right now! You have to do it through the desktop site...mobile and app won't let you change it!

I just sent them a message on feedback asking for the asexual option, let's see what happens.

I'm wondering if options depend on your country, considering that OKCupid automatically detects your country and may choose which options to show.

SorryNotSorry

Meh. OLD still sucks for us men.

OKC adding an asexual option is just another deck chair being rearranged on the Titanic IMO.

So, I sent OKC a feedback question about why I don't have the asexual option, and they gave it to me, so let's see what happens now :)

littlepersonparadox

I've just been on to OKcupids main page to see if it's been added and it has along with other options and other options for Gender.

Man, that's double-extra weird, because I just went to their main page to sign up and give it a shot, but it's only displaying the old 3/2 options.

That's weird, i've just been back on the main page and all the new options are there for me.

It's most likely they are currently in the intergration phase now, Thing is with systems in order to minimize risk it requiers a long transition period. At least they are moving forward and allowing some new sign ups to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked today, and I've got the feature. Actually, to my surprise, the option told me to pick up to 5 orientations. Anyone know why they'd allow that many?

WhenSummersGone

I'm really glad that I'm educating others about Demisexuality! I've gotten many messages about it and I even have a definition on my profile. Has anyone else gotten any messages about their orientation?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hummm...my new asexual OKC profile is getting hits from a lot of bisexual and a few gay people too. No asexuals yet

I've gotten hits from a few asexuals.....

• Like 1

Yay! OKC is kinda awesome now!

You've got to send them a message to be included. They are more than happy to let you be a part of the test.

JustAGuyInTinFoil

I'll still state on my profile about my orientations, that way I'll crop up if people are searching for those specific keywords.

I went on my account today and there is no ace option yet

Send them a message in feedback, you will get the option in a day or two.

• 2 weeks later...

I just stumbled across this question on OKCupid:

"Would you consider dating someone who has no interest in sex and experiences no sexual attraction to either gender if they were otherwise perfect?"

Basically, this question asks if you're OK with dating an asexual person. This is so important, guys.

• Like 4

I just stumbled across this question on OKCupid:

"Would you consider dating someone who has no interest in sex and experiences no sexual attraction to either gender if they were otherwise perfect?"

Basically, this question asks if you're OK with dating an asexual person. This is so important, guys.

I dislike the wording of that question, although I used it when I was on OKC. I think it'd be better if they left off "if they were otherwise perfect" because that part seems to suggest that "asexuality" is a "flaw." Besides, nobody is "perfect," anyway.

• Like 2

So, I deactivated my account (I didn't delete it altogether)... A screen popped up that asked why I was deactivating, it gave a few options, one of which was "I found someone" ...so I chose that option, because you know what ? I did find someone ..... And that someone is .......ME !

• Like 6

When I plan on reactivating my account I'd probably add the Asexual option... except I get up to 40 messages a day and I bet at least twenty will try and start a conversation with me about my sexuality -_-