How many aces do you know outside of AVEN?

Stained Glass

How many aces do you know outside of AVEN?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many aces do you know outside of AVEN? (this includes people from aven you met in real life)

• none D:
    • 1-2 /:
    • 3-4 c:
    • 5-7 C:
    • 7-10 :D
    • 11-20 :DD
    • 20+ :DDD

This poll is closed to new votes

Stained Glass

I know two asexuals (one aromantic)

and two demisexuals :)

this includes anyone you personally want to consider under the "ace umbrella"

I think around 10, I met 5 of them through AVEN though.

Oh, and a handful in another state when I traveled for work.

Not a single one. I'm lucky to find anyone on the sexuality spectrum at all who aren't straight. I can count my LGBT friends on one hand. Either a lot of people in this city are lying, or I am the unluckiest ace in the world to be dropped into a completely heterosexual society.

none, but maybe some people that I know are asexual but I don't know because they have not told me

One of my best friends turned out to be ace ... it was pretty awesome when we both found out about each other! ^_^ She is the only ace I know in real life, apart from someone who seems very aro ace (never has had a crush, not interested in relationships other than friends/family in the slightest) but who hasn't confirmed.

drjohnhwatson

I clicked 3-4, but it might have been five or so. I've had a few people on Tumblr be like WAIT YOU'RE ACE WOW I THINK I MIGHT BE TOO, but we don't talk very much at all. I've not really kept tally, and my memory with that sort of thing is bad anyhow. I think I've met one or two people on Twitter, actually, now that I think about it. See, memory=bad. Anyway, not a lot. Everyone else has been on, er, boards for asexuals, so...

I've not met anyone IRL who identifies as ace.

iamphoenixfire

My neighbor, my mom, and my ex boyfriend. all demi.

i also know a girl who might be aro. but she isn't sure.

Although I suspect my brother is asexual or demisexual at least, he has confirmed nor denied it. I don't know anyone else that is or could be ace besides him.

TheLandsBeyond

Only two; one asexual and one demi. I actually taught the asexual one about asexuality, and now we talk about asexual problems every week.

I think just one. My best friend whom I introduced AVEN and asexuality to a little over a year ago, though we've been friends for several years now. I know various AEN people outside of AVEN via other social networking sites, but I've not met any of them in RL yet, most are over seas or half way across the country.

As far as I know, just one (and they made a huge impact in my self-discovery!). Besides them, I'm unaware of anyone else (unless they just haven't told me lol!)

I only know one gal outside of AVEN - a close friend of mine, M. - who identifies as demisexual (I actually first heard her use that term a few weeks before I ended up on AVEN, myself :)).

Never met a "full blown" ace aside from here that I'd know of.

none, everyone I know is openly sexual, of various orientations

One of my friends is demisexual. Never met anyone else that came out to me as ace though. :/

I do know a few people who act like they could be ace, and there's a guy in one of my classes that I suspect might be ace because he wears a black ring every day, but I didn't count them because I don't know for sure.

RoswellValentine

I clicked 3-4, though I may have goofed up there. One of my friends is asexual, another is demisexual, and I think my brother may be asexual, but I haven't really brought it up.

littleheartsofjoy

1. She;s cool but I know her from another site, and she's hardly on.

I've known a few people who identified ace at some point while I knew them, who do not currently identify as asexual anymore. For the purposes of this survey, I am including anybody I've known at any point who told me that they were, or thought they were, asexual.

That puts my count at fourteen that come to mind right now. I'm not sure if maybe I thought about it longer and tried harder to remember if the count would be higher- I suspect it would be.

I've met ALL the aces! MUHAHAHA!!!. Seriously though, I've met 30+ in my greater metropolitan area alone, and that was *before* I went to WorldPride.

It is entirely possible I've met one, but this person might not told me because it isn't anyone's business and that's the same reason why I haven't came out to most.

I'd rather be in band.

I know that my best friend is asexual, and that my squish may be. After I came out to him, he said he had thought about if he was asexual, but he wasn't quite sure if he was. So, 1 or 2..

Archived