anybody actually experienced hormonal imbalance?

WuNsChKiNd89

Ok so I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and doing some research, and I suspect I may have a hormonal imbalance. I have no doubt in my mind that I'm asexual, either way, but I'm also starting to wonder if my hormones are out of whack - I seem to have a lot of the symptoms that are common with imbalances.

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced hormone issues, if you've been tested and what the test involves?

I suffer from ovarian and thyroid hormone imbalances and I'm currently treated for them. I got various tests including blood tests (sometimes series of blood tests during the same day), ultrasounds (thyroid and ovaries), pituitary MRI.

ok, i did get my thyroid tested but I never thought at the time to get anything else tested. haven't got the results back yet for it. probably should have had them test multiple hormone levels at the same time..

I took a blood test for two reasons earlier in the summer. One was for clinical depression ('Feel good chemicals deficiancy') which turned up negative and all levels balanced. The second was for any hormones/ chemicals that could be causing a lack of sexual desire/ attraction (I consulted my doctor and he checked off the list). Things such as 'Hormones, Thyroid, HGH, etc' were tested and all fell within the average range except for Cholesterol which was 'dangerously' low (Almost absolute none) but you apparently need soom. I highly doubt that relates to asexuality.

Therefore. I've been tested and have 100% balanced results.

It depends, because all hormones can't be tested in the same conditions.

I had myself testing a few years ago for hyper-sexual disorder before I knew Asexuality was a thing. Everything showed I was in the normal ranges. I'm glad I tested myself cause I know that I would have always wondered, and it's just good practice to go to a doctor to make sure your health is fine.

5_♦♣

I had my hormones checked to see if I had too much t, as I have a lot of body hair for a female. And everything was normal.

I doubt that it's what you're asking, but when I was little (like... 8 or 9?) I was diagnosed with a hormone imbalance that would have stunted my height had I not been treated (Would have remained 4'6" for my life). Blood tests and x-rays are what I can remember from the process, as well as being hooked up every month to some device to test... something? But anyway, I would up needing to take a new-on-the-market medication shot called NutroPin every single night for a few years to help me grow into a normal height range (I think I'm 5'5", 5'6" now).

I am now 24, and have had a decade to get the medication out of my system... but I've always suspected it's left a lingering hormone imbalance in it's wake. I should get tested to see if anything is off... but not having insurance really puts a damper on doctor bills.

TheStarrySkai

I have had my hormones checked cause I'm hairy. Apparently my hormones are normal for a bio-female. Although I also apparently am highly sensitive to estrogen. yay. Dunno what that means too much.

I went through what is called "Precocious Puberty", which basically means I started puberty too early (around age ten) and too quickly. When I was in fourth or fifth grade, I was starting a growth spurt, growing some facial hair, and my voice started to drop. Luckily for me, I saw endocrinologists about it, and they gave me medicine to block my testosterone until I was in eighth grade, when they deemed it 'appropriate' for me to develop, so they put me on something else for another year. This gave me more room and time to grow taller; I would have been about five feet at max had I not been treated, and I am 5'5" now, at my real max height. I have had no endocrine/hormone-related medicine in my system for eight years now, and I think it has little to nothing to do with my asexuality, as my testosterone levels seem to be pretty normal, or even high for someone my age.

I had low testosterone and was on a supplement for a while, but it didn't affect my asexuality; I masturbated more while on the supplement, but still had no desire for sex with anyone.

TMI WARNING

I think I can't have natural periods (I'm female). I've been on and off the pill (mainly on) for over 7 years to try to get a monthly pattern so my body can do it on its own eventually (wow, hadn't realised it had been so long, WHEN DID I GET SO OLD?), and I've been off it since late August. It's now mid-November and I've only had one period in that time (which was almost a month late, going by the monthly pattern). This was less than a month ago so I'm not expecting it anytime soon, if at all. So I'm probably infertile.