If you could choose to change your (a)sexual orientation?

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

If you could choose to be whaterver you want what would you pick?  

1. 1. If it was your choice would you choose to keep your (a)sexual orientation, or change it?

• I would choose to be what I am now
    • I would choose to be something different
  2. 2. If you chose to be what you are, what orientation are you?

• I did not choose this option
    • Asexual
    • Grey-sexual
    • Demi-sexual
    • Sapiosexual
    • Homosexual
    • Heterosexual
    • Bi-sexual
    • pan-sexual
    • Lithro-sexual
    • Something else (pease comment, I'm sure I've missed some)
  3. 3. If you chose to select something different, what is your orientation?

• Asexual
    • Grey-sexual
    • Demi-sexual
    • Sapio-sexual
    • Lithro-sexual
    • Homosexual
    • Bi-sexual
    • Pan-sexual
    • Heterosexual
    • Something else
  4. 4. If you chose to change your (a)sexuality which would you CHOOSE to be?

• Asexual
    • Grey-sexual
    • Demi-sexual
    • Bi-sexual
    • Pan sexual
    • Homosexual
    • Heterosexual
    • Bi-sexual
    • Sapio-sexual
    • Lithro-sexual
    • Something else
    • I would rather be anything but what I am

This poll is closed to new votes

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

I'm curious.

I'm asexual (also aromantic) and I wouldn't change my orientation, even if I could. There are pros and cons to being aro/ace, but its who I am and I'm happy with it.

Guest Cairne Bloodhoof

Sorry, I chose wrong answer in "If you chose to select something different, what is your orientation?" There should be I did not choose this option instead of Asexual. Could a moderator change it, please?

I am asexual and I would not like to change my sexual orientation. I believe that changing orientation would not make me want to have sex.

I think I might be grey-bi sexual. To be honest, if I could pick, I would probably stay as I am now... But I think it would actually be kinda cool to be ace or lesbian. I thought this was worth a comment, cuz it's like "I don't wanna change, but I think it'd be nice if I was ***". I would totally be cool only feeling attraction towards women, or totally cool with having none at all.

ButtCountyDanceParty

I said I'd choose to stay as I am now, which is how I feel about every part of my identity and circumstances. There's no guarantee your life would be worse if things were different, but there's no guarantee it'd be better. You are what you are.

I am cool with who I am besides the ups and downs, I give myself no options besides accepting it or accepting it...

But I would love to know what is like to be Heterosexual... I have no idea if I would be able to cope with it in my present state of mind, but if given the chance, I'd opt for it.

butterflydreams

With this body, no, I wouldn't change anything. If I were bio-female, I think I'd be much more likely to be sexual. Probably bisexual, if I'm honest.

Sorry, I chose wrong answer in "If you chose to select something different, what is your orientation?" There should be I did not choose this option instead of Asexual. Could a moderator change it, please?

I am asexual and I would not like to change my sexual orientation. I believe that changing orientation would not make me want to have sex.

Changed it. The star telling you what you selected can't be changed, but the numbers have been.

littleheartsofjoy

Nah. It might be easier to be heterosexual, but as I have said, I already have a number of differences about me so what's another one to the pile?

With this body, no, I wouldn't change anything. If I were bio-female, I think I'd be much more likely to be sexual. Probably bisexual, if I'm honest.

If I may ask, why does the answer possibly change if you were bio-female?

butterflydreams

Nah. It might be easier to be heterosexual, but as I have said, I already have a number of differences about me so what's another one to the pile?

If I may ask, why does the answer possibly change if you were bio-female?

I'm not sure, just a feeling. I definitely have more than one gender in operation in my head. Not possible to know what would happen if certain wires got to connect to different parts in a different body. I'm working on trying to understand better how I operate. I wonder if the she in me didn't have such a hard time expressing herself (my fault), whether or not my asexuality would not be to the same extent.

Sorry if this isn't clear. I'm just starting to learn more about myself :)

I wouldn't change. I am what I am, as the saying goes and I change for no one.

WhenSummersGone

Even though dating is hard I wouldn't change my orientation. I like only being sexually attracted to those I am close with.

I would rather be fully aro/ace. Failing that, fully straight (or gay/bi/whatever, but I'm closest to straight now so it seems easiest). I don't like being mostly aro/ace but with a hint of straight that typically isn't enough to act on, only enough to cause distress.

I'm an asexual sort of male, but I wish I was heterosexual. However as I am awaiting karyotyping for XXY I may have to rethink how I describe my wishes

drjohnhwatson

i'd stay the same. I've been this way for too long; I couldn't imagine what life would be like if I changed. :P. I imagine there are struggles with changing to just about anything.

And oh yeah--I'm a pansexual asexual.

Aisntllecxtual

I wouldn't change my orientation. I like myself; I like being asexual. I just wished I had realized my identity so much earlier, but then again, I wouldn't be me. The closet did much to ravage but also gave me insight - dare say, wisdom. Although it (trans) wasn't a selection, I wonder what it would have been like if I had changed my biological sex when I was younger. I am very satisfied with my male body, but know I would have been very happy as biologically female as well. If I could switch off each day, female one day, male the next, how great that would be! Alas, fantasy, I should be blessed I like both, and, thus, can be contented with the card I was dealt - anyway gender is internal, not materially constrained, no boundaries: where physical fantasy manifests as spiritual essence, becomes social reality.

Only one hypothetical alternative that I'd consider...Hyper-Fluidity [on every spectrum...on the planet!]

...every possible 'orientation', going anywhere any time, in a split second...

*ping-ping-ping-pong*

Cia :blink:

When I was a teenager I wanted to stay asexual; otherwise, my plan was to be lifelong celibate. I'm glad I stayed asexual and it wasn't a "phase" like my parents thought.

I think it's awesome how many people are saying they wouldn't change

Yup, this. Except that I'd toy with switching to Lesbian, not to bisexual, if I were bio-female.

No D for me, thank you. :p

hdfskjfsdshdsajfhaksd

I don't think I would change myself. I'm happy how I am, and I wouldn't want to change. I don't know any different; a whole new orientation would be weird to me.

I think I actually might...although I'm perfectly comfortable with being aro ace, I always feel slightly disconnected from people my age...growing up in such a sexualised world seems to have made my generation rather sex-obsessed, at least in secondary school, anyway.

I would change too, if I could, to be heterosexual, especially when I see all the freinds´ weddings around, though I am sincerely happy for them, it makes me sometimes feel lonely and wonder who´s gonna be there for me once they all get married:D

If I could change back? Sure.

If this were a "freaky friday" experience where I merely get to experience what it's like to be sexual? SURE.

I'd want to be the exact opposite of what I am, just to put myself through the whole works - I'd just want to experience something foreign!

So; Poly/Pansexual, would be cool. Try the best of all worlds.

I wouldn't change. I've come to see all the good things about being asexual. Anyway, it's so ingrained in me, it's a fundamental part of my identity. Changing my asexuality would probably turn me into someone completely different.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I'd stay the way I am now :)

• 2 weeks later...

I chose not to change. : ) I'm quite content being asexual. If I was forced to change, I would say pan- or bi-, but nope, I don't wanna change. :cake:

Archived