What would I be called? Confusing sexuality

misslovely

I didnt actually know where to ask this question but my sexuality makes no sense? i find girls sexually attractive so i thought ok but sometimes (i do feel shame about this) i'm turned on by my own body alone, my romantic feelings are only attracted to men only not women or myself so... well am i autosexual, lesbian, half and half... its easier to say i'm streight but its not entirely true, bisexual doesnt fit me either because that would mean i'm sexually into men and romantically into girls but i'm the exact opposite of both. i have no term?

Ultimately, whether you want to label yourself is up to you, but it seems like it's important to you based on this post, so here are some possibilities. If "lesbian" feels right to you because of your sexual attraction, go for that to identify your sexual orientation. If you choose, you can also identify a separate romantic orientation. "Heteroromantic" may work for you here. So manybe "heteroromantic lesbian" might feel right to you.

You could connect the fact that you are also autosexual to your main sexual identity somehow or name it as a separate part of your identity (similar to how some people identify as gay/straight/bi/ace and polyamorous, as opposed to poly-bi, etc.) Or you could choose not to name it. It's totally up to you and what feels right.

I feel it's worth bringing up that there are many definitions of bisexual, some of which cover your experiences, so the word is definitely open to you if you want it. I identify as panromantic gray-asexual, but still consider myself under the bisexual umbrella (in addition to the asexual umbrella) because of this. This is one of my favorite definitions as used in the bi community: “I call myself bisexual because I acknowledge in myself the potential to be attracted, romantically and/or sexually, to people of more than one sex, not necessarily at the same time, not necessarily in the same way, and not necessarily to the same degree.” (found here: http://www.biresource.net/whatis.shtml)

Here's another:

"Bisexuals are people with the (some include "inborn" or "innate") capacity to form enduring physical, romantic, (some include "spiritual") and/or emotional attractions to:

(1) those of the same gender as themselves
(2) those of different genders/gender presentations from themselves.

There may be an individual attraction for one gender or gender presentation which can also be fluid and changeable over time.

Bisexuality is not synonymous with being polyamorous (some include "or promiscuous"). Individual bisexual people may be celibate, asexual, monogamous or non-monogamous just as individual straight, lesbian or gay people can be.

No matter what their own gender/gender presentation or the gender/gender presentation of the person they are partnered with, bisexual people remain bisexual. They do not suddenly switch orientation as if by magic when they enter into a relationship."

(This is from: http://www.bialogue.org/Pages/BiDefinition.html)

Good luck in your self discovery!

gray-autosexual (since its ocasionally and not frequently) homosexual heteroromantic sounds accurate

but mixed orientation is a thing, so don't feel odd

Ever hear of cross-orientation? That's when your attractions are different for different genders. As in being romantically into guys and sexually into girls. This very well might not fully fit and only you can say what you are, but give it a look if you are curious.