Call for asexual-spectrum college students to participate in a study

Notte stellata

Notte stellata

This is a research request by Amanda Mollet from University of Iowa:

We are conducting a research study for individuals that self identify within the asexual* spectrum and are over the age of 18 that are currently enrolled in an institution of higher education. The survey is focused on understanding several aspects of asexual identity development including awareness of asexuality*, integration of asexual* identity, and the role of your asexual* identity within your life.

The frame for the research is looking specifically at individuals enrolled in higher education. The intent of the study is to provide knowledge and understanding to enhance the higher education atmosphere, resources, and services for asexual* students. The data will be compiled and shared through presentations and research articles to educate faculty, staff, and students within higher education.

The survey should take less than 60 minutes to complete in its entirety. Any questions may be sent to amanda-mollet@uiowa.edu or brlackman@davidson.edu.

Please follow this link to access the survey: https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_aVjakl7OVfp0yUZ

This study has been approved for posting by the Project Team.

starrynight

Project Team

littleheartsofjoy

Done. That was an interesting survey, even though I didn't feel like I had adequate enough answers for some of the questions.

RoswellValentine

Done, though some of the questions could have included more answers (like a "Not sure" option).

I finished too^-^ I enjoyed it. I'm surprised they didn't ask anything about our biological gender, but I can appreciate that they didn't.

Completed. =) I hope the research goes well and that all of the answers you get from us are helpful!

Thank you very much to those that have taken the survey. The information we have received is incredibly useful and I am confident it will enable us to develop presentations and manuscripts to help to educate and positively impact higher education!

Well I did it, but I kind of wish it would have been a bit more international. Universities don't really run the same way here as they do in USA

Done, but some of the questions didn't really apply to institutions outside of the USA.

I have completed this survey. I think it is the best designed survey on sexuality I have taken. I liked the open-ended questions, and the space to expand and clarify answers. I feel like this was the most honest I have been able to be on a survey. (I don't envy your job coding the data, though.)

I can't participate in the survey, but I'm SO PROUD of my alma mater for this survey!!! Go Iowa!!!

Archived