Demi-sexual

Hello. I feel like I just realized I may be demisexual; I thought everyone went through the same process as me.

As someone mentioned on a different thread, when I see someone I think is interesting something clicks and I really want to talk to them and get to know them. It is about their personality, intelligence, and how they present themselves rather than their physical attractiveness or sexual attraction.

I have NEVER seen an attractive stranger and thought of them sexually, it just doesn't happen and seems odd to me. I DO on the other hand feel sexual attraction to someone I have intense emotional feelings/connection with.

Since I am romantically interested in any gender/sex etc., would I then label myself as a demisexual pan-romantic?

Kitty Incognito

I think you should label yourself with whatever feels right at the moment. I'm still trying to figure everything out myself, so I've changed my label a couple of times.

Totally with you on the whole aesthetically attractive strangers just being that... aesthetically attractive. Constantly find myself just nodding along with whoever is with me and saying "uh, yeah. He's hot, haha", but I don't really feel it.

Thanks for your response!

Yeah, I just find it so odd that some people can picture themselves having sex with a "hot" stranger. I just can't have any sexual thoughts about someone unless I have a strong connection with them.

Nothing is black or white. Its amazing; there's a lot more to explore and understand about yourself. Ha yeah I do that as well :)

You should indeed label yourself with whatever feels right for you. Demi sexual sounds fitting in my opinion.

I also recently discovered I am demi sexual, and for a long period of time I thought I just was a bit different. I now label myself demi sexual because I don't feel any sexual attraction towards anyone exept someone I experience a deep emotional connection with.

When people ask me if I find someone 'hot' I also respond with: "uh..yeah...very hot." But I can't really feel it as well xD

A demisexual is a person who does not experience sexual attraction unless they form a strong emotional connection with someone ;)

I see myself as possibly fitting into demi-sexual. Have never dated or done anything, but I know I'd need a strong emotional/romantic connection to even consider anything sexual.