Trying to understand myself

Call me Karma

Call me Karma
I'm not really sure how to define myself. I've heard of the term asexual but never really knew what it meant until recently. I did research on asexuality, and i feel that the term describes me. I have no desire for sex, never have. I've had people offer to do sexual things to me and declined every time. I am attracted to females but beyond that i have no real sexual desire. If anything i'd rather get to know them than just jump their bones. Even when my friends talk about sex in school i sometimes feel repulsed and other times completely out of the loop. From the knowledge I've gathered about asexuality so far i understand there are different degrees of asexuality that all fall under the "gray a" umbrella. An even bigger question is, am i considered asexual? I've always felt a bit different than everyone else and have been trying to figure it out.

I would love peoples opinions on where I may fall on the spectrum or where I can learn more about asexuality, and try to understand myself.

Well, obviously (a)sexuality is how you personally identify. I, nor anyone else, can't label you for you. However, it does sound like you fall somewhere on the spectrum. Based on your admitted attraction, I would say you were some form of a romantic asexual, meaning you would like relationships with people, just minus the sex.

Does that make sense?

Also, welcome!! :cake::cake::cake:

Although only you can label yourself, you sure sound like an asexual to me! Not feeling any sexual attraction for anyone is a key thing lol.

And if you're interested in just girls, you can still have a romantic orientation! Heteroromantic or homoromantic, depending on your gender. :)

Welcome to the forums Call me Karma! Here's some cake! :cake:

Asexuality is defined by a lack of sexual attraction towards all people, if you think you fit that definition then you're asexual. If you feel sexual attraction on very rare occasions then you might identify as grey-asexual. And at last but not at least: if you feel sexual attraction towards somebody after developing a strong emotional connection then you might want to identify as demi-sexual.

Point is no matter what orientation you chose we'll welcome you here on Aven. :)

From what you told I would say you might be asexual, you talk about having no desire but what about attraction? (Note: desire and attraction are not experienced as the same by all people here on Aven).

It's hard to know how this attraction feels if you never experienced it... But there are some topics around that can help you. I would also recommend you to do research on romantic attraction.

Feel free to ask questions.