What are you afraid of?

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

What are you afraid of (POSSIBLE WARNING)  

1. 1. Pick all that you have an actual fear of

• Spiders
    • Mice
    • Small Spaces
    • Crowds
    • Clowns
    • Heights
    • Uncertainty
    • Deap Water
    • death
    • The dark
    • General risk taking
    • Public Speaking
    • Loud noises
    • Germs/Bacteria
    • Insects
    • Snakes
    • Being alone
    • None/Other (I know I've missed a lot, please comment)
    • Failure
    • Ghosts
  2. 2. Pick all that you actually like/enjoy (Not just put up with, actually like)

• Spiders
    • Mice
    • Small Spaces
    • Crowds
    • Clowns
    • Uncertainty
    • Deap Water
    • Death
    • The Dark
    • General Risk Taking
    • Public Speaking
    • Load Noises
    • Being Alone
    • Insects
    • Snakes
    • Germs/Bacteria
    • Failure
    • Ghosts
    • Other/None (please comment if you enjoy something else, that others find scary)
    • Heights

This poll is closed to new votes

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

I know I have missed many fears, some common, some not. If you feel comfortable, please add yours in the comments.

I would like to add syringes and invasive medical examinations.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I'm terrified of one thing and one thing only.

Jellyfish

Certified Cake Decorator

Needles!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! D:

I am getting my wisdom teeth out in a few days and already i cant sleep and i feel sick. Just THINKING about the needles!!!!!

Needles!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! D:

I am getting my wisdom teeth out in a few days and already i cant sleep and i feel sick. Just THINKING about the needles!!!!!

I should have had my wisdom teeth pulled out some time ago. I chickened out.

Ask the dentist if you could have something to sedate you. The doctor gave me Valium before a gastroscopy.

Courage !

Cereal Tendencies

Fears: Snakes and spiders :unsure:

Things I like/enjoy: being alone (forgot to click that one) and the dark- i don't know why, I just find it calming

iamphoenixfire

I fear 4 things.

1. my father. because hes a dick

2. going insane. my father has narcissistic personality disorder and my mom's side has schizophrenia. and i have awful anxiety

3. failure. i hate failing others or failing something

4. hurting other people. it's hell

Amoeba-Proteus

Fears, I actually don't know. Off the top of my head, I can't think of something that actually freaks me out. :blink:
Except for maybe certain medical exams. But I just... don't do them... So I don't worry about them.
Large crowds make me uncomfortable, but I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it fear. I just find when I have to pull my shoulders in to squeeze through people because I'm being bumped into left, right and center, I start to get really uncomfortable and reaaaally want out of that crowd.

Like: Spiders, snakes, insects, being alone, deep water, mice.
I think spiders and insects are fascinating, snakes and mice (especially those little African Spiny mice) are cute, and I prefer being alone. And water, I just love water. (Marine/freshwater biology student probably contributes to that.)

Breathing....

I fear being along as a long term problem, but for short term I really like it...

I'm noticing I fear a lot and can't think of much that I like.

I fear 4 things.

1. my father. because hes a dick

2. going insane. my father has narcissistic personality disorder and my mom's side has schizophrenia. and i have awful anxiety

3. failure. i hate failing others or failing something

4. hurting other people. it's hell

With the exception of the first person being my father (who I really don't know very well). There are a few in my family with narcissistic personality disorder who absolutely terrify me. There are a lot of mental health probelms in my family and I have convinced myself at various times that I will get any or all of them (I probably have anxiety and depression). Failing and hurting others are big fears for me.... not helped by the constant fear/knowledge that everything I do impacts someone else.

I'm afraid of pretty much everything..... It's a wonder I leave my house.

Fears that I have but weren't mentioned:

• Like Iamphoenixfire already said: going insane
  • Eating with or in front of people (with few exceptions)
  • telephoning (lately only calling people I don't know well)
  • non-substantial things that I can't describe, because I don't know what they are
  • other people dying
  • disappointing people

Wow, I have a lot of fears!

House of Chimeras

Actually have full phobias over - sex, pregnancy, and babies.

Generally afraid of disappointing loved ones, fear of loosing time or not being able to remember things, and fear of certain secrets being known by certain people.

Conscientious Ghost

I'm afraid of experiencing that gut-wrenching feeling when one goes down a drop on a roller coaster. It feels like I'm dying.

I fear uncertainty, deep water (really just swimming in general because of my biggest fears is drowning), failure, and other: burning, being kidnapped, and going blind.

I actually like/enjoy small spaces, the dark, general risk taking, being alone, ghost, and heights.

Like Amoeba before me, I actually love snakes and find insects fascinating although wasps freak me out and I have a healthy respect for lethal spiders such as the black widow and lethal snakes such as the cobra.

I fear crowds and heights. I also don't like being near children and young people.

I love being alone.

I'm scared of...Sadly & Honestly...Women ['gynophobia']

Cia :ph34r:

I have a love/hate relationship with tornadoes. When I was younger I used to have a lot of nightmares, and at the root of most of them were tornadoes. Still, I was always fascinated by tornado footage. It wasn't until I got older and gained a better understanding of the science behind weather phenomenons that I stopped having dreams where I was the tornado chasee (?) and became the tornado chaser. When I'd wake up I would be disappointed that I didn't actually have pictures/video of the awesome twister I'd just dreamed about. Now I rarely dream about them at all because, though I still haven't seen one in real life, I've become a bit of an amateur storm chaser when bad weather rolls in to town. But when the risk of my family/home being in the path of one becomes more real than I'd like, the fear definitely makes itself known as it should.

5_♦♣

Fears:

Public speaking

Small spaces

Crowds

Uncertainty. Not mentioned: Telephones. (However, I didn't think of that before clicking on vote).

Things I like:

Clowns

Heights

Death

The dark

General risk taking

Being Alone

Snakes.

Fears:
Being alone (despite being an introvert)

Death

Uncertainty

Public speaking

Loud noises

Other- Driving, talking on the phone, someone mentioning my scars, etc.

I used to be terrified of clowns but I've mostly gotten over that.

Things I like:
Snakes

Mice

Insects

Spiders

Ghosts

Other- Pit Bulls (apparently many are scared of them but I couldn't imagine living without mine).

Like ghosts, the dark and being alone.

Don't like deep water no snakes

I have recently got over my fear of spiders with my animal management course where I was the first of the class to hold a tarantula :)

AND I LOVE SNAKES, I've even held a boa constrictor, she was gorgeous.

However on a kind of depressing note, I fear being alone for the rest of my life and failing at what I love. Though I also put that I enjoy being alone, because I do... but not forever.

I'm really only afraid of one (maybe could be considered two) thing. Rejection. I'm afraid of what/who I am resulting in repulsion, pain, fear, ect on other people. I'm afraid of hurting people/scaring them and thus being rejected.

I enjoy just about everything on your list.

Stained Glass

other fears:

needles

surgery

beinng strapped down, tied or restrained

WhenSummersGone

Heights, the dark, public speaking, loud noises (babies), snakes, other (flying in airplanes, holes, pain and ants) and ghosts. I'm ok with spiders, other insects, clowns and deep water. The others don't bother me that much but I also don't enjoy them. I'm getting better at crowds, uncertainty, failure and death.

Fear- needles, i have a severe phobia of needles to the point that i would rather die a horrible death then let a needle near me.

-not being in full control of my words and actions

Likes that is a common fear:

Snakes! I have several pet snakes, they are awesome!

Snakes rule!

I neither like nor fear ghosts because they don't exist.

nolongerinterested...

As for fears, I think my biggest fear is rejection of any kind. I find that I don't make friends and I keep myself distant from family members because of this.

Like Amoeba before me, I actually love snakes and find insects fascinating although wasps freak me out and I have a healthy respect for lethal spiders such as the black widow and lethal snakes such as the cobra.

I fear crowds and heights. I also don't like being near children and young people.

I love being alone.

I love spiders. I have 4 pet tarantulas and a brown widow which is as venomous as a black widow, I just think they are prettier. I don't necessarily like insects though, but I'm not afraid of them.

I'm terrified of birds. Like, I have a fairly severe phobia of them. And I don't exactly like a lot of things people are scared of, but I can tolerate them. Like small spaces and heights (so long as I'm secure and in no danger).

They aren't exactly insects or spiders, but I have a huge fear of long-legged centipedes. Those things are creepy, huge, and FAST.

A couple of others have already mentioned this one, but talking on the telephone is another big fear for me. In fact, I'm struggling right now because I have an important call to make and yet I keep putting it off. Rather than being a specific phobia on its own though, this fear is kind of just bundled together with the multitude of fears that make up social anxiety.

I guess many fear rats, but I keep them as pets. Adorable creatures!

I had a childhood dog phobia. Even the sound of someone jangling their keys would put me on high alert because it sounds like the tags on a dog's collar. This fear thankfully mellowed out into nervousness/wariness once I actually got to know some dogs.

Archived