Chewy

Pads or Tampons?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Girls! Pads or Tampons?

• Pads
    • Tampons
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

Neither? Lol. Maybe "other" would be a better option, unless some girls choose to bleed everywhere 5 days of the month :P

Neither? Lol. Maybe "other" would be a better option, unless some girls choose to bleed everywhere 5 days of the month :P

OK. Changed. What other thing do you use? educate me...

^ LOL. I like pads. Sticking stuff up there is generally uncomfortable and potentially dangerous if you leave it in too long. Depending on my schedule, I sometimes go 12+ hours without visiting a restroom (sorry, American word), so I wouldn't want to risk electric shock syndrome (if you use tampons and haven't heard of it, your box is required to say something about the risk of ESS. I always read the box before I put stuff in myself :P ) It's easier and more comfortable for me to just wear pads. Now... wings or no wings?

Back in the old days... before there were wings and these fancy glue technology. There used to be a thing called the safety pin! LOL

There are menstrual cups, which are reuseable and much more eco-friendly than throwing away tons of pads and tampons every month.

Oh in answer to HanBanan, wings are essential lol.

There are menstrual cups, which are reuseable and much more eco-friendly than throwing away tons of pads and tampons every month.

Well, I have never heard of that one.

I prefer tampons because I don't feel so leaky and I can't feel a thing. I suppose I should be worried about toxic shock syndrome but I'm relatively good about using the bathroom and I haven't had any symptoms yet

Buying a menstrual cup has been one of my best investments.

Now I'm curious. Where did you get it (as in, what type of store) and how much did it cost? How do you re-use it?

With you on this.

for those asking - Google mooncup :)

Now I'm curious. Where did you get it (as in, what type of store) and how much did it cost? How do you re-use it?

I Googled it. Looks bigger than a tampon.

Depends on the day and the flow rate. My period rate changes predictably, and comfort with each product changes in turn.

regular flow: tampon (change once every 2-3 hours)

ultra-slow flow: pad (I'm gonna have to pee more often than change it)

heavy flow: both (change rate is less than 1.5 hours and higher probability of leakage)

I take Birth Control. So I don't get periods! :D

I have had the menopause so I use neither. But in the days when I did I preferred pads as I can't bear the thought of anything inside me.

Cereal Tendencies

Pads for me

Tampons are dangerous, and TBH I just don't like the idea of a cotton wad stuck inside me :unsure: however I do understand how practical they can be when it comes to sports and swimming etc

I am curious what these menstrual cups are

AmethystKitty

You fold it to get it in. It's far less leaky than pads and tampons, but in my experience, it will leak when it's full. If it's not then you are fine. I can actually sleep sideways because I have one. They say you empty it every 12 hours, but this depends on your flow, and how much the cup holds. They come in two sizes, one for young women who never had kids and the other for older women or women who had kids. Yes, you can re-use it and wash it after every time you empty it (though there may be exceptions for if you are in a public restroom or something). You also boil it once in between periods. Lastly, it has not been associated with TSS and will not dry out your vagina.

inserting-a-divacup.jpg

AmethystKitty

Pads for me

Tampons are dangerous, and TBH I just don't like the idea of a cotton wad stuck inside me :unsure: however I do understand how practical they can be when it comes to sports and swimming etc

I am curious what these menstrual cups are

Menstrual cups are these things you put in your vagina to catch blood (not absorb it like a pad or tampon)

menstrual-cup.jpg

picture_comparison_menstrual_cup.jpg

Tampons. It's what my mom used so it's what I learned to use. I also wear pads, too, just as an extra barrier lol.

You fold it to get it in. It's far less leaky than pads and tampons, but in my experience, it will leak when it's full. If it's not then you are fine. I can actually sleep sideways because I have one. They say you empty it every 12 hours, but this depends on your flow, and how much the cup holds. They come in two sizes, one for young women who never had kids and the other for older women or women who had kids. Yes, you can re-use it and wash it after every time you empty it (though there may be exceptions for if you are in a public restroom or something). You also boil it once in between periods. Lastly, it has not been associated with TSS and will not dry out your vagina.

My flow may be lighter than yours, I've never experienced this personally.

AmethystKitty

My flow may be lighter than yours, I've never experienced this personally.

If that's the case then I envy you.

I dont like the idea of trying to find the hole to stick anything up there when its covered in blood. Kind of grosses me out. At least with a pad i can easily take it off without looking at it

I use pads myself. I tried a tampon once out of necessity (I was at work and didn't have anything so had to borrow from a coworker) and I found it super uncomfortable (though I suppose I could have just done it wrong). Even though I hear all those arguments about the cups the idea freaks me out a little and it sounds like it would be even more painful then the tampon was. So, much as the pads may annoy me, I'll be sticking with them.

I prefer to use pads. Tampons make me uncomfortable and the possibility of TSS scares me a great deal. I might invest in a menstrual cup in the future, but for now I think I'll refrain from sticking things up there.

I glad to hear there are ladies who won’t use tampons. Who knows what kind of strange chemicals or hormone application that might be on or in those the manufacture / bio-companies aren't telling you. The body can easily absorb those chemicals once inside.

Archived