What do you collect?

Amatista

I'm curious, haha. I collect crystals, books, some manga, and red lipstick. ^_^ I want to collect pocket knives.

Mainly skills. I'd like to the collect swords, but the ones I'm interested are like $600 a piece. I use to collect good RPGs for the PS1 and 2 though.

Oh I guess I collect hats from the State Parks I visit too, partly to help support them.

Oh goodie. During my years alive I have collected:

capsules (when I was younger than 6)
buttons (till I was maybe 8 )
stones (first fossils and then semi-precious stones)
gogos (plastic figures that existed when I was 10, maybe they still exist, what do I know)
old books (seriously, I just went into second hand shops and bought everything older than 100 years)
miniature ships (not sure what they are called)
Pokemon cards
Yugioh cards
Old coins
Atm I don't collect anything, but if I were to start again I would go with coins, really cool to hold something that you know people used to buy stuff with really long ago. I am a collector (as you might notice)...so that I don't collect anything atm is quite amazing.
Feels like I have forgotten a couple of things...
Sinead Buckley

I collect art supplies and art books/magazines (I like big canvases the best) ^^

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I collect DVDs and Manga.

My only 'proper' collection though is of a special type of French paper, known as 'Diddl' paper (basically it's stationary with a mouse on it doing different things, activities etc...). It's so cute! :wub:

Collections that just happened:

Notebooks

Backpacks

Drink bottles

USB sticks

Movies/tv shows/anime - digital (used to be DVD's I burned them all to HDD)

On purpose:

I used to collect the tops off the glass V bottles. Stomp them flat & blutack them to my bedroom walls. Collected over 500 before I had to get rid of them because I moved around every few months & needed to conserve space. Maybe I should start that up again...

Road Signs

Railroad items

License plates

I think in all honesty I collect stories.

I have books, paperbacks, graphic novels, comic books and dvd/vhs movies all over the place, but I do not view them as collections since I do not have that sense of value that a true collector would have.

I do love and value a good stories though.

Used to collect the airline stuff that was from the company my dad works in.

Lately, it's been sketchbooks.

Also Tja, those look awesome!

I collect stamps

here's a very special series I was gifted with

246448_347948028610806_186947258_n.jpg?o

Used to collect the airline stuff that was from the company my dad works in.

Lately, it's been sketchbooks.

Also Tja, those look awesome!

Thanks! I love them. So many varied styles.

I'm curious, haha. I collect crystals and red lipstick. ^_^ I want to collect pocket knives.

I collect crystals, too! Do you have a favourite? I love my celestite, but my fire agate is what I usually carry with me.

HermioneGranger

Wood carvings, pewter magnets, and Christmas ornaments from places I travel.

I'm curious, haha. I collect crystals and red lipstick. ^_^ I want to collect pocket knives.

I collect crystals, too! Do you have a favourite? I love my celestite, but my fire agate is what I usually carry with me.

Awesome! My favorite is definitely amethyst. I don't have any fire agate. I should get one~

House of Chimeras

- Books (mostly animal fantasy, nonfiction books related to the occult and paganism, and books on DID/MPD)

- animal bones (found and cleaned or given to me mostly)

- werewolf movies

Like a lot of others, books, especially old medical textbooks, and Wisden Cricket Almanacs, CDs and general clutter!

All mine...

• DeNiro's films
  • Scosese's films
  • Pink Floyd's albums & films
  • Joy Division's albums
  • any coffee varietal on the planet!

Cia :rolleyes:

I collect stuffed animals (especially Winnie the Pooh and Puffalumps), Monster High dolls (I have far too many ...lol), and watches. : ) I kinda collect other things, but those are the most notable (and consistent)!

Holy cow, that sort of question will require a pretty long answer....let's see, I collect (or have collected over the years):

animal skulls, bones, teeth, horns, antlers, claws, shells, etc mostly real but also some reproductions

animal furs and skins and taxidermy mounts

fossils (mainly shark's teeth and other animal teeth)

dried and preserved bugs and spiders

various wet animal specimens in jars

other natural items - wasp/hornets nests, dried plant material, etc

various minerals and natural gems

Books (many, many subjects, but a lot of them have to do with my natural history interests - animals, dinosaurs, fossils, birds, plants, others having to do with some of the other sciences and related non-fiction technical topics)

Music CDs (mostly rock, hard rock, metal, pop and classical)

Rollercoaster and amusement park paraphernalia (the usual t-shirts, key chains, mugs, etc, but also I have an actual small piece of a rollercoaster train in my garage)

Other things related to animals - t-shirts, figurines, decorations, etc

lasers (hand-held and otherwise) and other kinds of decorative lighting like lava lamps, fiber optic lights, neon lights, plasma lights, flicker bulbs, black lights, oil lamps, etc.

Old magazines and paper advertising - anything from the first half of the last century, especially household type magazines.

Black light posters (and other posters)

That's all I can think of for now, but I know there have been more things I've collected over the years.

I have a big collection of pen&paper RPG stuff, of various gaming systems... fills one entire 2 x 1 meter shelf, tightly packed, and part of another one; and that's not even counting in the ~20% of my collection I sorted out and left behind when moving out from home in '01.

Doctor Who books and action figures, books, uh, books, and uh, yeah, more books ... I have a serious problem with books. :P Also, have a small collection of Hallowe'en things too. 8) :)

butterflydreams

Mold, spores and fungus

Err...I mean, I collect maps and vinyl records

Archived