Favorite subjects

Teavana

1. 1. What is your favorite academic subject(s)?

• Literature
    • Foreign Language
    • Mathematics
    • Statistics
    • History
    • Social/behavioral Sciences
    • Dance
    • Business
    • Computer Science
    • Geology
    • Biology
    • Chemistry
    • Physics
    • Writing
    • Anatomy and Physiology
    • Art
    • Music
    • Theater
    • Engineering
    • Physical Education
  2. 2. What is your favorite subjects (continued)?

• Photography
    • Philosophy
    • Technology
    • Design (fashion, graphic, etc)
    • Communication
    • Architecture
    • Video, tv, or film production
    • Accounting
    • Marketing
    • Economics
    • Legal studies
    • Finance
    • Entrepreneurship
    • Culinary arts
    • Health and nutrition
    • Education
    • Environmental science
    • Political science
    • None of these

This poll is closed to new votes

Foreign languages, math, social sciences, computer science, physics, engineering. Business is good too, I just didn't see it there.

The only thing I do now is computer science.

I am glad I never have to do drama/theater, literature or physical education again. (Although maybe exercise isn't a bad idea...)

TheStarrySkai

I love band/chorus!!!!! Band is my favorite class!!! I also love art!!! I took american sign language my sophomore year in high school. It was so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad I never have to do drama/theater, literature or physical education again. (Although maybe exercise isn't a bad idea...)

I am curious about something. Does anyone have, or did anyone have, a nice physical education teacher?

I have a theory that there is no such thing as a nice physical education teacher. They are all malevolent and evil. All the ones I ever knew certainly were. It has been over 15 years since I had to do physical education and I still hate physical education teachers! If anyone knows of a physical education teacher who is not evil and sadistic, please speak up!

I am curious about something. Does anyone have, or did anyone have, a nice physical education teacher?

I have a theory that there is no such thing as a nice physical education teacher. They are all malevolent and evil. All the ones I ever knew certainly were. It has been over 15 years since I had to do physical education and I still hate physical education teachers! If anyone knows of a physical education teacher who is not evil and sadistic, please speak up!

As far as I remember, my teachers were OK. I was just too lazy to bother running or playing sports when I was a kid, and was never really interested in exercise as a teen. I played too much video games. xD (Imagine the stereotypical nerd.)

But I have heard stories of mean PE teachers, and I wouldn't be surprised that there are mean ones out there.

RoswellValentine

I like art a lot, but foreign languages are also fun.

My favourite subject was always English, and now I'm doing a PGCE so I can teach it myself at secondary schools :) xx

In primary school, my PhysEd teachers were nightmare-ish with gender segregated workouts and shit like that.

In middle school and up, they were all awesome. They made it a lot of fun, and they taught us muscles and functions of muscles and things like that as a part of it, so we knew what was going on. I've had a total of seven PhysEd teachers throughout middle and high school, and every single one of them were absolutely super kind and encouraging and motivating. They totally transferred my view of PhysEd - and physical exercise all together.

Also my favourites were literature and writing, psychology (so I just ticked sociology and behaviour because that was a part of it), history and theatre.

I have to go back a long time here, but at school my favourites were French, Chemistry, and some history. I hated English Literature because the course books were not my kind of reading material- I once got detention for writing a five page essay on why Oliver Twist was such an awful read I couldn't get past page 20. Anything to do with using hands like art woodwork, PE I was simply useless at. Computing didn't exist at my school. In reality my favourite subject was anything off the curriculum.

I said literature, math, social/behavioral sciences, and physics. I'm kinda all over the place, and I like more subjects than those. I'm a psychology major so by default social sciences are a favorite :P. For the others, they're just subjects that I was either really good at or simply enjoy taking.

Psychology is always a fun subject to study but I was more of a choir kid myself. 9 straight years actually.

WhenSummersGone

All of them I find interesting except Math, Dance and Chemistry.

Foreign language, art, biology, and writing. I was good at math...but I didn't always enjoy it lol.

iamphoenixfire

I love a lot of those. except there was no philosophy to choose from :/ i am in a philosophy course this semester and i love it.

I was always good at math and it was easy whenever I got the concept. I like statistics more than math because I'm so in love with probability. I never liked literature and essay writing because my high school just spoiled the subject for me by giving us uninteresting assignments. I never found history class interesting, but whenever I find interest in something I don't mind learning about some historical facts. I love learning foreign languages. I currently trying to learn Spanish vocabulary and grammar. I never took a class in theater, but my teacher told me that theater class can benefit people, like me, with Aspergers. Social and behavioral science classes are interesting and I'm currently a psych major. I was never good at dancing and I hated taking dance classes. I never took a business course but I like to learn somethings about business on my leisure time. Based off of my experience, I honestly think physical education is a waste of time. My gym teachers never taught me anything. All they did was introduce games to us. It was never about how to be more physically fit. I like to get my physical education advice from fitness people at the gym. I never took a course in engineering, but my friend found the class very interesting. I remember being at the college bookstore and there was this mechanical engineering book. I opened up the book out of curiosity and my mind couldn't wrap up anything it explained. I had horrible music education teachers. I took chorus all throughout schooling. My chorus teachers in elementary/middle school didn't teach me anything about sight reading. I went into high school and my chorus teacher was mad at me for not knowing how to sight read? I learned that sight reading has a relation with the notes I play on the piano. I tried to match pitch with the piano keys! Art class was fun. I try to make art pieces every once in a while. I love fiction writing and I don't like analytical and persuasive writing unless it is something I have a strong interest in. I can't write poetry for my life. I took a computing class in college and it was not helpful at all. I only like computer science when it relates to creating websites, html, photoshop and games. I took anatomy and physiology and learned a lot in the class and I loved it. It's interesting how I like anatomy and physiology, but I hate physics, chemistry, biology, and geology. I'm not a science person at all.

Sorry for the long post. I couldn't include more subjects such as philosophy, photography and many more into one question. I will edit the poll now by adding a second question.

History and cooking (Home Economics as it used to be called when I was a lad) were my two favourites. I did well in both subjects, especially history, and that was probably down to having the craziest of teachers (an ex-wrestler who would often put us in his "finishing manoeuvre" and who reenacted the sinking of the Spanish armada with dozens of textbooks), whereas our ex-nun cookery teacher, was superb at teaching us to clear up, clean up and cook.

I was also very good at P.E., in particular the 100 m.

Maths and Physics <3

I also chose Accountancy, although that might be cheating, since I never studied it at school, but I'm studying it as a professional qualification now ^_^

Captain Darkhorse

I think anything can be interesting if it is taught by a competent teacher.

Math, chem, phys, comp sci, tech.

I was a chem major for a long time, but now I'm a CS major.

For me, I loved math (with the exception of calculus), art, and psychology the most. Calculus was just... hell. Mainly because the teacher sucked. Also, economics/finances is fun. Again, I love crunching numbers, so moving money through time was a very easy concept for me to learn. Art has always been my true love though, and the main reason I didn't go into something like computer science, though I'm looking to combine them with psychology by doing UI. Psychology interests me because I love understanding how peoples' minds work and how little things that most people don't notice can have an effect on them subconsciously. The teacher I had for that class also made it a lot of fun and many of his lessons still stick with me all these years later.

As for classes I did not like (besides Calculus), there was US History. Normally I love history classes and can recall facts out of the textbook at the drop of a hat, but US History has to be the most boring subject EVER. We had this extremely fat book with tiny text and about 98% of it talked about politics (how the parties started, when they swapped views, past parties, etc). I was never a political person to begin with, so reading about it made me really hate politics and want to throw that book out the window.

I'd rather be in band.

Band is love; band is life.

Either way, I could honestly vote for anything besides mathematics or physical education; my performance is subpar in both. Before algebra, I actually excelled in mathematics, however I'm simply horrid at it now. :(

nolongerinterested...

I hated most subjects in school other than the ones that I could show off creativity like art class, music and theatre. I have a very low attention span and if it didn't interest me, I couldn't focus.

I loved my grade 10 physed teacher! She was so much fun, we would play flag football and she would bring mascara so we could paint lines under our eyes and huddle up..i HATED sports, but loved playing with her teaching. Or she would combine sports for fun games so we'd play..like.. baseball/volleyball hybrid and there was a basketball/football hybrid..those were always more fun then the actual sports lol.

Now in general for myself: biology, history, art, photography, social sciences(i SUCK at it, but i enjoy it lol), Film production(though this ruined movies a little for me as i now automatically nit pick things i never would've noticed before)

Squirrel Combat

I was a music man all the way back in school! I've expanded and my interests and career options since, however.

Stained Glass

My top favorite is animal science

especially animal behavior!

• 2 weeks later...
drjohnhwatson

I've always loved History (got a Bachelor's Degree in it!!) and literature. I wouldn't say that I like foreign language academically, but I like to learn that as well!

• 11 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived