Are you an omnivore, vegetarian or vegan?

Weltraum

Diet and lifestyle  

1. 1. Are you an omnivore, pescetarian, vegetarian or vegan?

• Omnivore
    • Pescetarian
    • Vegetarian
    • Vegan
    • Other diet
  2. 2. If you don't eat meat, what is your main reason?

• I eat meat
    • Health
    • Don't like the taste
    • Animal rights
    • Environment
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Just out of interest.

Edit: Sorry, I fixed the poll. (Didn't know all questions were compulsory.)

In explanation - I would rather I were vegan, but my current lifestyle does not support that at this time :(

I am working on it though

People have to answer both questions to answer this poll, including omnivores, so you may need to add an option "I eat meat" to the second question.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

What about those that are carnivorous? :P

verily-forsooth-egads

I don't think eating animals is right, but becoming a vegetarian is a change I just don't need to deal with right now. Plus, if I'm honest, chicken is delicious. Maybe soon. I feel terrible for being so passive about it.

AmethystKitty

nobody is a carnivore. You still need carbohydrates, fibres, and various vitamins not found in meat.

Who are Omnivores?

I myself am vegetarian. I hate when animals are being hurt

Vegan, mainly because of environmental issues and animal rights.

I actually started doing this very recently on October 1st, but I've already been a vegetarian for 9 years, starting when I was ten years old. I think I'll be able to pull this through.

Omnivore - though I do feel guilty when I think of what happens to the animals on their way to slaughter and what happens in the...yes, well try not to think about it too much, nor do I dwell on how the fish feel when they're taken from the water.

I was vergetarian years ago but the cravings for a bacon butty brought it to an end.

I chose to become a vegan for different reasons. I don't think there's a main reason, that's why I had to tick 'other'.

I have been vegetarian for 18 years due to animal rights reasons but also because I worked at an animal sanctuary for 20 years and couldn't justify working for animals and eating them and also for religious reasons as I believe every living creature has a soul.

FireBendingAce

I'm actually vegetarian for many reasons. All around I just feel like it's a better lifestyle for me personally health-wise, and it's a small thing that I can do to help the environment and stop contributing so much to factory farming. The benefits outweigh the downsides for me personally :)

I thought about it, but I have a hard enough time just eating enough food to not die (I very much dislike eating). I will eat pretty much anything, but prefer a liquid diet. I thought about becoming vegan before, but I would not be able to do it on my own starving. I should just hire a homeless guy to follow me around with a tazer and taze me every time i forget to eat. His pay would be food, he eats if I eat.

I used to be Pescetarian, but then I lived in China for a year and it just wasn't possible. xx

Mycroft is Yourcroft

nobody is a carnivore. You still need carbohydrates, fibres, and various vitamins not found in meat.

Yes, I do know that... It was a joke

EDIT: I was vegetarian for a few months when I was 17, but eventually grew sick of eggs and nuts.

Omnivore, the only mainstream meat I won't eat is rabbit, because of all the pets I've had. I can be a bit weird, though, milk just makes me go queasy, thinking of which bit of a cow it comes from, yet I'll eat the cow. Explain, please.

Vegetarian since 1999, for animals :) I really loved the taste of meat, but thinking about what happened to animals was largely enough to disgust me. So now I eat fake meat instead. LOL. But seriously, people who think that fake meat doesn't taste good or could never taste like real meat are wrong. They should overcome their fear of the unknown and try !

I'm on a paleo diet at the moment. I don't feel bad about eating animals because we're just like any other animal in nature. You can't make a lion eat tofu, it was meant to eat meat so I don't mind eating animals too.

I'm on a paleo diet at the moment. I don't feel bad about eating animals because we're just like any other animal in nature. You can't make a lion eat tofu, it was meant to eat meat so I don't mind eating animals too.

It depends on how you look at it. If you look at it from the perspective of where that meat comes from these days, it is highly unnatural. If you look at it from and energy efficient standpoint (as in use of sunlight energy charging the earth), it is highly inefficient. If you look at it from the perspective of how the animals are treated before they are killed it can be said to be very wrong in many cases. Yes naturally we do eat meat, but we are smart enough to know we do not have to to survive and smart enough to make choices on it.

BTW not saying I am vegetarian, just playing devil's advocate here. Feel free to disregard this post if you do not feel like debating this.

It depends on how you look at it. If you look at it from the perspective of where that meat comes from these days, it is highly unnatural. If you look at it from and energy efficient standpoint (as in use of sunlight energy charging the earth), it is highly inefficient. If you look at it from the perspective of how the animals are treated before they are killed it can be said to be very wrong in many cases. Yes naturally we do eat meat, but we are smart enough to know we do not have to to survive and smart enough to make choices on it.

BTW not saying I am vegetarian, just playing devil's advocate here. Feel free to disregard this post if you do not feel like debating this.

I agree, alot of it is very unnatural and cruel. If I could find a way to hunt my own natural meat then believe me, I would but I live in the big city and this kind of stuff is pretty hard. I can't grow very many vegetables and fruits because I don't have too much space. I use what little space I have to grow a few cucumbers, tomatoes, strawberries (which have all died due to the cold) and various herbs and peppers. If I had room for some chickens for fresh and natural eggs and what not, I really and truly would but again, it's pretty hard. I try to get as close to natural as possible but there's only so much I can get. Also, I have alot of nut allergies so going vegetarian would be very hard. I certainly do love things like tofu and eat it when possible.

Actually, every reason to be vegetarian makes sense.

Due to my thyroid disorder, I have to have my cholesterol levels checked regularly. And they are excellent due to my vegetarianism!

Squirrel Combat

Omnivore! I LOVE MEAT! TASTY TASTY TASTY RED MEAT! I'd eat all kinds if I could! I'm pretty sure I could repress my emotions and even butcher an animal in cold blood and then eat it. Just take a live lamb, hold it down, and hack off its legs off with an ax for "leg of lamb", or tear a live chicken's head off and cook the rest over a fire. :twisted: I eat veggies and stuff, too, but whenever I try all vegetarian, I get a serious case of the runs. :wacko:

I'll just eat my panda burgers and manatee jerky instead. :P

WhenSummersGone

I eat meat but if I stopped I would do it for animal rights. I just enjoy chicken and seafood too much.

I'm an omnivore, i am an animal designed to eat meat and vegetation so i do. My dogs are carnivorous they are animals designed to eat raw meat, so i feed them raw meat. My rabbits are herbivores so i feed them vegetation and grasses. I feed everyone including myself as we are designed by nature.

I see on the second question that I seem to have voted "don't like the taste" while I actually voted "animal rights", how come ??

iamphoenixfire

Pescetarians! There are three more of you! Excellent! I do not know enough of you people :)

Vegetarian since 1999, for animals :) I really loved the taste of meat, but thinking about what happened to animals was largely enough to disgust me. So now I eat fake meat instead. LOL. But seriously, people who think that fake meat doesn't taste good or could never taste like real meat are wrong. They should overcome their fear of the unknown and try !

It tastes too much like meat for me, that's why I don't like it. :lol:

I am a vegetarian for two reasons. One, I only ever really liked fried chicken and that's unhealthy. Two, I am into animal welfare and factory farming (which is where grocery store meat comes from) is disgustingly cruel. I stopped eating meat when I was 13, I am 28 now. Don't miss it. And there are so many things you can do with legumes and such. :D

Archived