"I'm sorry I'm late but..." Movie Trivia game

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

The reason you're late is actually the plot of a popular (or not) movie!

The next player takes a wild guess as to what the movie is if they wish. Then posts the reason they are late.

I'm sorry I'm late, but I had to go and babysit seven kids, I taught them music, but things got complicated when I fell in love....then war broke out....

Erh.. The Pacifier? Can't think of any other movie that could possibly match that description...

I'm sorry I'm late, but I got really depressed because my boyfriend of sixteen years died in a car crash, but then I decided I probably didn't need to die to be happy again, and then I had a heart attack and died anyway.

Ummm, no clue haha, maybe The Fault in Our Stars???

I'm sorry I'm late, but I just discovered I'm a wizard and can go to wizard school. However I have also found out that an evil magical maniac has wanted to kill me since I was a baby, and he might still be out there.

( A Single Man, as it were.)
It couldn't be Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, could it?

I'm sorry I'm late, but I had to take an evil ring and toss it into a volcano. I had eight companions, but one died before I was even half way to my destination...

Lord of the Rings

I'm sorry I'm late but I got into a fight, I quit my office job started making soap but it turned out we were schyzophernic the whole time...

All I can think of is A Beautiful Mind, and I know that isn't right.

I'm sorry I'm late but God gave me his powers and now I can part my soup like the red sea, and I am struggling to deal with the constant chatter of people praying, playing right in my head, I tried turning the prayers into post it notes, but that was a bad idea to. Oh, and in other news, I think my girlfriend is going to leave me because even with my power, I can't make her love me.

Bruce Almighty!

I'm sorry I'm late, but I touched my boyfriend and he almost died, so I ran away and met this really scary dude who sports metal claws, and he let me hitchhike with him because I think he kind of related to my struggle. We were attacked, and then we were saved by a group of people from a special school for people just like me and him, and he is being a real ass about it, but in the end he saves me and everyone else, even though he isn't very happy about it.

(It was Fight Club actually)

X-Men (not sure which one?)

I'm sorry I'm late but I was owning a bar during World War 2 and then my old crush walked in with her lover and I tried to get her to run away with me to America but I kinda decided not to but at least I made a friend out of it all...

(The first one, from 2000)
Casablanca by any chance?

I'm sorry I'm late, but my mother tried to wed me off to one of three idiots in order to keep the peace in our land. I got really angry and turned her into a bear, but then I panicked in case I wouldn't be able to get her back, so I started running around and then my father tried to kill her because he hates bears!

brave!!! :D I love that film

I'm sorry I'm late but the crippling existentiality of my situation as well as my affinity for Humphrey bogart was bringing me down. I killed a man. I want to make myself immortal and then die.

Not a clue :/

Sorry I'm late, but I had to save my gold from falling out the bus that was leaning over the edge of a cliff.

The Big Sleep?

(and yes, it was indeed Casablanca ;))

I'm sorry I'm late but I was stuck in a cabin with a few friends when we found this book and then hideous demons came out of nowhere

edit : was answering to topit

as for Jordan's, is it The Gold Rush?

The Evil Dead?

I'm sorry I'm late, but I got sent back in time a couple of times and I met my future wife while she was still a child, but then she met me and I had no clue because I hadn't met her yet, and it all got really confusing, and then we had a child, and I died and a younger me met the child in the future, because I do that, and so does she.

The Time Traveler's Wife?

(correct on Evil Dead :))

I'm sorry I'm late but I had to return some videotapes.

be kind, rewind with jack black?

i'm sorry i am late but i had to go back to the 1920s and hang out with f scott fitzgerald, ernest hemingway etc etc

Back to the future

Sorry I'm late but there was some serpentine creatures on my preferred mode of transport

Snakes on a plane??

I'm sorry I'm late, but there was an Evil Man who took my Penny, and I had to go across America to save her, discovering along the way that everything I knew was a lie, but saving the day and becoming a hero nonetheless. :)

God knows... I give up :P

Sorry I am late but my gorilla mother came over and started asking me why me and Jane hadn't had a child yet.

tarzan

(mine was midnight in paris)

i am sorry i am late but the hapless british minister for foreign development just described that war is unforseeable

Kings Speech? I have NO idea :/

I'm sorry I'm late, I was defending Arnhem bridge

Nope, no idea :D

I'm sorry I'm late, but I can't control my magic power and I nearly killed my little sister. After my parents died in an accident I was meant to become queen, but I accidentally made it snow and ran away instead.

Frozen!

I'm sorry I'm late, but I cheated on a no-win test so I could live up to my father's image, and then the guy who designed the test made my life miserable, but then I saved the universe and we became friends, but only after I met an older version of him from an alternate universe.

Star Wars? I have absolutely no idea :/

Sorry I'm late but the nazis invaded while I was singing

(Star Trek of 2009, actually)
Black Book? Only one I can think of with singers and Nazi's...

I'm sorry I'm late, but my daughter was killed and then an entire mafia war broke out and all of my friends died and then I died and the mafia turned out to have nothing to do with my daughter's death...

(It was Sound of Music :P)
Die Hard 5?

I'm sorry I'm late but there was this chick, and she told me I could make bullets curve and stuff

The Matrix?

I'm sorry I'm late, but I got kidnapped by three weirdos and then got kidnapped from them by a pirate who turned out to by my long lost lover.

Nope, it was wanted ;)

Pirates of the Caribean?

Sorry I'm late but I had to escape from an alien refugee camp in South Aftrica

No clue

Sorry I'm late but I was murdering several customers of my business, and my partner in crime used the meat from the people I killed, to make delicious pies, but then I killed her too

I have heard of it, but I don't know the name :/

Sorry I'm late but there was a giant tornado, and I had to chase it

Sorry I'm late but I had to escape from an alien refugee camp in South Aftrica

District 9?

Sorry I'm late but I was murdering several customers of my business, and my partner in crime used the meat from the people I killed, to make delicious pies, but then I killed her too

Sweeney Todd?

Sorry I'm late but there was a giant tornado, and I had to chase it

Twister?

I'm sorry I'm late but there was an accident at work and a coworker lost his arm and I feel like it's my fault, my fridge starts bleeding and I spend time with this little boy although I feel strangely guilty all the time

Archived