How does one find a cuddle buddy?

koganusan

Okay, some background: I'm an early to mid 20s more or less male grad student and political activist. I am asexual or close to it. Not sure what my romantic orientation is since I don't know for sure what romantic attraction feels like, but in any case I'm not currently looking for a relationship. I'm also a bit of an introvert, with three really close friends (two of which are my room mates) and a decent circle of sort-of friends and friendly acquaintances. I've known for quite some time that I seem to really like cuddling, but I've almost never had a chance to.

A few weeks ago in a discussion with my other close friend (who is mostly an internet person who lives hundreds of miles away), I learned that she also enjoys purely platonic cuddling. Recently, she came to town to visit people and we ended up cuddling a lot, sometimes for hours at a time. It was incredible. It's also probably the majority of the physical contact of any sort I've experienced since I was a little kid. I'm not sure I can go back to being as touch starved as I was now that I know what the alternative is like.

What do I do? How can I get cuddling on a regular basis without having to find a more conventional relationship? Quite frankly, I'm not even convinced I have time in my life for another close friendship. I have no idea how I would either meet someone new for cuddling or bring it up with one of my existing friends in a non-awkward way. Any advice?

I think there's a place called cuddlr, where you can meet potential cuddle buddies... :)

Kitty Spoon Train

Well, how did you find your long-distance cuddly friend? Was there some social context there which can be repeated (locally) perhaps?

I've found that it's much harder to find cuddle buddy type relationships than virtually anything else - simply because it tends to fall into grey areas between "just" friendship and doing stuff that's usually reserved for romantic relationships only. It's not impossible though.

I am looking for basically the same thing though I am older 53. Tired of forcing myself to please my husbands just to get minimal; cuddling out of it. I seldom want more then that.

I am looking for basically the same thing though I am older 53. Tired of forcing myself to please my husbands just to get minimal; cuddling out of it. I seldom want more then that.

Guest Scarlet Spider

Get drunk with a female friend. Although, you may get more than a cuddle.

Or you could always get one of those anime nerd pillows and cuddle with it.

ranting ferret

yep, it's totally a thing:

http://www.cuddleparty.com

also, this may or may not work, but with some friends/people you know if it's not totally awkward, you could always start up the hello/goodbye hug or high fives/handshakes. just to initiate some friendly contact. if i'm talking with someone that we kinda click or at least have a decent conversation, at the end, i may ask if they're a hugging kind of person or prefer high fives or fist bumps. depending on their answer i'll offer what they said they're comfortable with.

sometimes, even a high fiver will become more comfortable with me and offer a hug later in knowing each other. one person started hugging me after knowing me a month or so, simply because i asked first.

it's probably not the same as what you're looking for, but it is one small step towards receiving more friendly contact.

I love cuddles too. I lack a cuddle buddy so my dog has to do. I would rather cuddle someone I knew than a stranger through.

SorryNotSorry

I'd just buy a mannequin. Seriously.

I'd just buy a mannequin. Seriously.

I thought what makes cuddling good is the comfort of mutual trust of another human being....................................

genderirrelevant

I went to a CuddleParty in early September in Seattle. It was interesting. I'm not sure if I'll go to another or not. The situation wasn't optimal. It was really hot so few people wanted extra body heat and also there was a majority of newbies who weren't used to diving in.

I would love to have a cuddle buddy but I've realized I'm aromantic and I'd be too embarrassed to have someone in my home because I'm a slob. I expect the rest of my life to be as solitary as it's been so far.

Get drunk with a female friend. Although, you may get more than a cuddle.

Or you could always get one of those anime nerd pillows and cuddle with it.

I do this (but with a dude) and then feel horrible and talk to them later about it. I've had 2 successful cuddle buddies in my life. Nothing more from them. I was forward with them in saying that I just wanted to cuddle, with no sex and no romantic relationship. They both respected me and it ended up like a booty call, but for an ace XD super delightful. Though I feel bad about it now... so it goes.

Good Luck!

littlepersonparadox

http://cuddlrapp.com/ here is the cuddler app if you want a cuddle buddy spontaneously. I would have used it but my boyfriend fulfills all my cuddly needs when he's around.

Archived