Uncomfortable moments [TMI]

Modern.

Hi there. So I have a boyfriend and we've been dating around 6 months I really like him and enjoy spending time with him. But sometimes I get physically aroused most the time I don't even notice till I'm changing clothes and notice the stain on my underwear but sometimes I relize it and it makes me uncomfortable mostly because I don't get why I'm aroused. I'm not interested in having sex and I don't think about sex or anything sexual and I don't feel mentally aroused. Is this a normal thing? Or am I just exceedingly weird?

The Great WTF

Arousal is a physical response to stimuli, be it mental, physical, or just because your body is being strange. (Seriously, ask almost any guy about random inconvenient erections. Most can tell you hilarious stories about them.) It does not mean you personally want sex, just that your body is capable of having sex.

I'd agree with The Great WTF, in saying that it's not a direct indicator that you personally want sex. Your body responds to various stimuli and that's just part of biology. It could be hormones in general running amok, who knows? I've also heard pretty embarrassing stories about the random inconvenient erections from guys, so I wouldn't put too much thought into this being a sign of anything more than what it is.

Welcome to the community! :cake:

Moved to The Gray Area, Sex and Related Discussions forum.

Byanyothername

Asexual Q&A Mod

Having the physical response could come from anything. I once had a reaction just due to a sneezing fit. Did I feel like having sex afterwards? No. Was there physical evidence to the contrary? Yes. (And before you ask, I did not wet myself. It had to do with the contractions of certain muscles, I think.)

It happens.

Archived