Why do some asexuals call other asexuals anti sexuals?

Tony05montana

Tony05montana

I am asexual, in fact I am demisexual, and I find asexuals calling other asexuals anti sexuals, stupid. Some Asexuals rant on some sexuals who don't understand but that is not being anti sexual. We are just ranting by fucks sake.

The Great WTF

Because, ranting or no, blanket generalizations and hateful or degrading comments about any group or a certain type of person is not okay. Antisexuality is a long-standing problem in the asexual community and, while some of us can be prone to calling antisexuality on a hairtrigger because of previous bad experiences, the fact is a lot of what some would consider ranting others would consider antisexuality.

We've all had that one jerk or run into people who just won't take no for an answer or any other such variant of the stereotypical narrow-minded oversexed asshole, but the mistake people make is blaming it on their sexuality and not the fact that they're just entitled jerks.

pegasusoftraken

Ranting about any group of people, will generally lead to people assuming you are anti the group. It's not necessarily a bad thing - and I'll quite happily confess to being anti-jerks. And there are some asexuals who call themselves anti-sexual and don't think there's anything wrong with it.

But when somebody rants about or is anti a group of people simply based on their sexuality, then many people are going to disagree and likely object to it. I personally think it's better to rant about specific behaviours of specific people, rather than generalizing about it. Not least because I've experienced enough being ranted at by people based on my sexuality/gender.

Sinead Buckley

There's a right way and a wrong way to rant (strangely enough). What we say on the internet is permanent and accessible to anyone no matter how much time passes. The fact that there are asexuals calling each other anti-sexual in the ace community makes my point abundantly clear.

Archived