I'm still new and I have a few questions.

Pen Given Ink

Pen Given Ink

Okay. I'm confused.

Would it be possible to get the definitions for asexual types?

For example. Bi and Pan. It confuses me. I know what Bi is. But I don't want to insult or say the wrong thing. I don't want to say for instance that biromatic and panromantic are the same, unless they are the same. I just.. ugh. I wan't to have the knowledge to use and apply it correctly.

Thank you!

Hetro = Attracted to Opposite sex

Homo = Attracted to Same sex

Bi = Attracted to more than one sex

Pan = Attracted to people regardless of Gender Identity or Biological Sex. This includes MtF/FtM (people who feel like the opposite sex and have taken action to transform their image to come across that way).

Obviously it goes into more detail than that but that's the basic principles. To be honest I have held it in my mind for a while that a lot of Bi's may actually be Pan's but don't realise or acknowledge it for one reason or another. :)

Pen Given Ink

Okay. Got it. So what would Pan + Bi + Romantic+ Asexual = ? be?

Well you could be a Panromantic or a Biromantic kinda thing (if that's what you meant?) whilst still being an Asexual.

That would mean you can experience romantic feelings (kissing, dates etc) but not want to do anything more than that.

Panromantic is understood as being romantically attracted to all genders, or attracted to people regardless of gender. Biromantic has multiple definitions, and the most favored one now is romantic attraction to same and other genders, or at least 2 genders. However, some people who could be considered panromantic identify as biromantic instead out of personal preference.

I don't really have much to add that the previous posters haven't already addressed. A good resource to look at is the AVENWiki, which has a lot of information on terminology and various identification labels along with bits of history and general know-how referencing AVEN and the asexual community as a whole. Feel free to browse the wiki and check out the Q&A FAQ thread here in Q&A. It will be undergoing an update in the next month, hopefully, but it's still pretty useful for what it has listed.

Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, you can always contact myself or another Admod via PM. Welcome to the community! ^_^ :cake:

Byanyothername

Asexual Q&A Mod