How do you like your surveys?

HanBanan

How do you like your survey?  

1. 1. Do you generally enjoy taking surveys?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many options should a multiple-choice question include?

• 1-4
    • 4-7
    • 7-10
    • 10+
    • ALLTHEOPTIONSEVEROMG (aka I like when there are joke options)
  3. 3. Do you think that most asexuality-related surveys/polls have adequate answer options?

• Yes
    • No, and I will post why in the comments.
    • No, but I won't post why in the comments (and I apologize for being unhelpful).
  4. 4. How long should an asexuality-related survey be?

• A few questions: less than 5 minutes.
    • Medium, please: 10-20 minutes
    • A lot of questions: 25-40 minutes
    • ALLTHEQUESTIONSEVEROMG: 60+ minutes
  5. 5. Do you think surveys should allow survey-takers to choose more than one option?

• Always
    • Sometimes
    • Never
    • Potatoes!
  6. 6. What question do you wish asexuality-related surveys would ask?

• I think most asexuality-related surveys do a good job of covering all the bases.
    • I'm going to post my response in the comments!
    • I have some responses, but I'm not going to post them because I'm unhelpful!
  7. 7. Do you want fries with that?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, with a milkshake so I can dip them!
    • ^ If you chose that, you're a freak ^

This poll is closed to new votes

I LOVE taking surveys!! How about you? Do you ever feel that the surveys you take provide you with inadequate options? Do you ever wish they would ask a question, but it was omitted? Do you want fries with that?

Okay, I realize the idea of making a "perfect" survey is a little unrealistic, since it's impossible to please everyone. However, as an inexperienced survey-maker, I want to know what it is that you want in a survey. I don't do a whole lot on AVEN besides responding to things, but I'd like to start making surveys/polls semi-regularly because I think it's fun to be able to express ourselves in simple, concise ways through survey-taking.

Also, if your answer to "do you like taking surveys" is "no," feel free to stop answering questions! :P

Is my survey missing anything?

I marked that I wasn't going to elaborate my thoughts in the comments, but this is only because I do not have much time to do so at the moment. If I get the chance, I'll share a few of my thoughts on why I don't think they are all very good (not saying that all are bad, just saying that not all of them are good) later. Fun poll!

I love taking surveys! Lol. I feel like its hard to have all the answers covered with an asexual survey because we're such a diverse group, but AVEN does a pretty good job! :D

Squirrel Combat

I like mine medium, over-easy, with a sweet honey marinade glazed on top. ;)

You can hold the fries.

Serious survey addict. I try to answer them all, except the odd one or two which are completely non-applicable to me. Fries with hot chilli sauce on as I've been out all day and am frozen

The only problem I generally have with surveys is that they often allow you to choose asexual OR gay OR straight. You can be asexual and straight, or asexual and gay.

But I do love taking surveys and polls. In fact, I get about $3 per week (not a lot, but more than nothing) taking surveys outside of AVEN.

Ok, so where's my fries and milkshake now?

Seriously. *drools*

Anyhoo, I love taking surveys...short-medium in time and questions, and I think the asexuality-related ones I've taken so far have been really good. Sometimes I get annoyed that questions don't let you choose multiple answers, though.

(Edit: P.S. This is my 900th post?? Wow.)

Surveys rock! But please no bloody fries, it's 12.28 and I can't sleep on an over full stomach.

WhenSummersGone

Yes, 1-4 is good, yes, around 5 minutes, sometimes and no for the last question lol.

For the second last question I'm the only vote, so far, to post a comment. Now that I think about it surveys usually cover all areas so I want to change my vote.

Yes, 1-4 is good, yes, around 5 minutes, sometimes and no for the last question lol.

For the second last question I'm the only vote, so far, to post a comment. Now that I think about it surveys usually cover all areas so I want to change my vote.

If you want to change a vote I can do that...tell me what to change.

WhenSummersGone

Oh thanks :) For the second last question I want to change it to the first option, the one that has the most votes.

Oh thanks :) For the second last question I want to change it to the first option, the one that has the most votes.

Done, the star that indicates what you originally voted for can't be changed, but the numbers are changed to reflect your new choice. :)

The only problem I generally have with surveys is that they often allow you to choose asexual OR gay OR straight. You can be asexual and straight, or asexual and gay.

But I do love taking surveys and polls. In fact, I get about $3 per week (not a lot, but more than nothing) taking surveys outside of AVEN.

But isn't straight 'heterosexual' and gay 'homosexual'? I was under the impression that only one was possible. Do you think it would be more accurate to have a question about how you fall sexually AND how you fall romantically?

Although, now that I really think about it, I suppose that someone who is demi-sexual or gray-asexual could be only demi or gray 'towards' one sex or the other... hmm... is that what you mean?

Also, Lady Ghoul, thanks for changing that for us :)

Although, now that I really think about it, I suppose that someone who is demi-sexual or gray-asexual could be only demi or gray 'towards' one sex or the other... hmm... is that what you mean?

Yes, that's what I mean, which is the category that I fall into. This also highlights the real inadequacy of labels in general...

Although having both sexuality and romanticism would help, as well.

Manic Pixie Dream Nerd

Those answers XD

I love surveys so much! I wish people would post them more often.

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived