bi or straight ?

This is a question I've been wondering for years. I've never been into dating boys so considered myself as lesbian. It was just before I discovered my asexuality. I find women very attractive and believe it would be easier to build a relationship with a one but in a sensual not sexual way. I'm not interested in lesbian sex much. I like to look at attractive women and their photos/paintings. Try to imagine sex with women but don't feel aroused but used to in my teens but when it concern men I can feel aroused even if I watch a handsome one. I can only imagine cuddles and kisses with women but when it concern my male fantasies I go much further. Od course I can imagine relationship with both but my male fantasies always end with sexual aftermath. So can I still consider myself as bisexual ?

You can consider yourself straight as well.

Having fantasies with the same sex is pretty normal. Thing is, have you actually engaged in some kind of interaction with anyone from the same sex? You totally have biromantic fantasies but the labels are only shortcuts.

There are people, per example, that engage in homoromantic/homosexual activity and still consider themselves straight, so if you want to call yourself bisexual there is no problem.

Sexuality is fluid, it is not set on stone. If I was going to denominate my romantic/sexual leanings I would be something along the lines of pan-greyromantic demisexual but that wouldn't be 100% because I do not feel need nor urge to get into a relationship, so, I label myself aro/ace, because it is easier. ;)

Hugs :cake:

Guest Scarlet Spider

I would have to agree with Exanimis. I actually had no idea that straight men and women often thought about gay sex, or that it was common for them to think that way. It just sounds odd to me. Considering the fact that if you ever asked someone then they probably would just deny it.

My question (pertaining to myself) is what if you have had at least one small sexual encounter with a member of the same sex and then still want to somehow "explore" further possible interaction with members of the same sex? I mean, for some reason my arousal comes from a lot of straight, gay, and bi sex. Not entirely sure if that has to do with what happened that one time or if I have always been interested in doing things with different types of people and such.

I've had some on-line relationships with girls but it didn't make me good because I was convinced they would expect sex one day. The same was with males but have never felt aroused by looking on a girl but I believe relationship with same sex person is much better and bases more on friendship than lust. I can feel a kind of affection if I know nay woman but it isn't anything sexual.

apokalyptisch

Orientations don't require you to have done the thing to label yourself that...

I call myself bi even though I don't like guys and girls equally often or in the same ways. Most of the time people think I'm straight. But I like girls, too. I've done things with girls, and before I had, I still knew that it wasn't just me thinking about it. You don't have to know that, but if you think you'd enjoy girls, by all means, call yourself bi if you want.

Archived