Agender/Aromantic/Asexual

AprilStorms

The gender and romantic/sexual orientations that most apply to you out of these: (Gray and demi are together) (Sorry if I've still somehow missed yours!)  

1. 1. Are you agender?

• Questioning one or more of these too much to say
    • Yes, and demisexual, demiromantic
    • Yes, and demisexual, aromantic
    • Yes, and demisexual, romantic
    • Yes, and asexual, demiromantic
    • Yes, and asexual, romantic
    • Yes, and asexual, aromantic
    • Yes, and sexual, demiromantic
    • Yes, and sexual, romantic
    • Yes, and sexual, aromantic
    • No, and sexual, romantic
    • No, and sexual, aromantic
    • No, and sexual, demiromantic
    • No, and asexual, romantic
    • No, and asexual, demiromantic
    • No, and asexual, aromantic
    • No, and demisexual, romantic
    • No, and demisexual, aromantic
    • No, and demisexual, demiromantic
    • I'm demigender (demiguy, demigirl, etc)

This poll is closed to new votes

The three communities seem to overlap quite a bit and I'm curious to see just how much.

I've had to simplify it a lot: at first I tried to do separate options for Cis/ace/aro, trans/ace/aro, agender/ace/aro, demi/ace/aro, but that would have required several dozen responses for one question! As it is, I ran out of space before I could fit all the demi options. :(

Do you guys think there's a connection? Not all aces are aro and or agender too, but it really seems to be a lot of us!

(I made a poll sort of like this maybe a year ago - but the poll options were poorly worded and it made no mention of gender, so I'm trying again.)

verily-forsooth-egads

Triple A, probably.

I said, "no, asexual, demiromantic" since I'm gray-ro but you said demi- counts. : ) I wasn't sure if I should've selected "I'm demigender" as I'm androgyne, and that is kind of a demigender? But to keep it simple I just said no since I'm not agender . I have noticed many triple A's around though, so this is interesting!

It is! For instance, a lot of heterosexuals are also heteroromantic - but fewer aces seem to also be aro? And I've been thinking lately that I'm not fully cis, so I'm curious about this for personal reasons as well...

I was an agendered aromantic asexual. A hormonal treatment made me switch to demiromantic demisexual. I usually now say that my gender is female because it's my sex and I try to look as feminine as I'm comfortable with for society, but I don't feel 100% female at all (50% would be more accurate) ; there is obviously something else I gave up trying to label because it's too complicated.

Agender, aromantic asexual, awaiting tests to have genetic gender confirmed, as I have been diagnosed chromosomally intersex, but am awaiting testing to confirm whether or not this is the case

RoswellValentine

I answered "Questioning one or more", but I am agender, I just say "gender-neutral", and I am asexual and that's all I'm certain about. I'm not too sure about my romantic orientation because I don't date and I have no idea what it feels like to be romantically attracted to someone (though I would like to be romantically involved later in life).

verily-forsooth-egads

I answered "Questioning one or more", but I am agender, I just say "gender-neutral", and I am asexual and that's all I'm certain about. I'm not too sure about my romantic orientation because I don't date and I have no idea what it feels like to be romantically attracted to someone (though I would like to be romantically involved later in life).

You sound exactly like me.

I'm cis and I've been questioning whether I'm actually a (hetero) romantic Ace or not, over the past ten days.

• 1 month later...

I'm Triple A, but leaning heavily towards the Neutrois side of Agender.

verily-forsooth-egads

I'm Triple A, but leaning heavily towards the Neutrois side of Agender.

Pretty sure neutrois is just a subtype of agender.

Buh, sorry, I clicked the wrong one! I'm not agender, demi, demi, (I accidentally clicked Yes, demi, demi ><" )

Buh, sorry, I clicked the wrong one! I'm not agender, demi, demi, (I accidentally clicked Yes, demi, demi ><" )

Fixed it...the star saying what you voted for can't be changed, but the numbers reflect the correction I made.

• 7 months later...
Grumpy Alien

Cis, asexual, romantic

Anthracite_Impreza

Triple A ;)

MiniChelonia

I put down questioning. I wasn't sure if cisgenderless counts as Agender for the purposes of this. (I wouldnt say I'm Agender bcus that's too much effort and I don't experience disphoria or anything like that. If that makes sense)

cosmosredshift7

Bigender (agender most of the time, and female), demiromantic, and demisexual

I voted questioning. I kind of relate to cis-genderless, in that I identify as female simply because my body is female, and I would say my mind is agender, but I feel no disphoria. Also, I feel that actually identifying as agender would be too much effort, so I'll stick with female pronouns.

I am asexual, and currently questioning my romantic orientation.

AnotherWeasley

I said no, ace and aro, but I'm actually not sure if I count as agender. I don't feel uncomfortable being thought of as a girl by others and I use the pronouns she and her, but I don't think that I display tendencies towards either male or female behaviour (i.e. what society thinks of as "male" and "female"). I took some tests about male and female thinking patterns, just for fun, and got androgynous every time, if I remember correctly.

• 2 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived