Shortfilms on asexuality

Ene.

Thanks for doing this, it's always great to see short films and especially some you can relate to.

The link to Farbloss? didn't work for me though.

(I wish these were on imdb so I could rate them) ^_^

• Like 1

Ah, some of these are a bit painful, the feels ;-;

A(sexual) story and Astrid are probably my favourite ones. Also, I'm guessing the lesson of Farbloss was to not think black and white and assume everyone else is sexual… I guess.

I wish I knew of short asexuality films to share but alas I do not! Thank you very much for posting these though ^^

• Like 2

I liked Farbloss and Astrid the best. They both felt the most real to me, especially how Farbloss ended. It really captures the alienation we can get from society that we can feel distant from everyone not realizing there are others like us. With Astrid I had been in that exact situation before, though sadly I didn't have a friend take me over to watch movies since my friend was too busy making out with someone >.> I like films that aren't preachy or in your face saying "This is what asexuality is" but still invites the viewer to see the world through our eyes.

• Like 2

Farblos? was just... amazing. Just absolutely amazing. I loved it so much. It wasn't the ending I expected, but it really makes you think. And so often we also push away sexuals who are actually accepting and okay with your asexuality in a relationship, too, and ruin something before it can even happen.

My 2nd favorite was A-OK. I just really liked the way it flowed.

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

I really enjoyed watching these. Farblos? is amazing as well as Astrid. I could relate a bit to (A)Sexual Story with it being set in a college environment and the emphasis on sexualized hip-hop music which I listen to a lot. Though I do want to point out that hip-hop is not always sexual and other genres can be just as sexual. Most of my classmates were very interested in sexual and romantic relationships. In one of my classes you had to give your personal number to 5 classmates in order to break the ice and ask questions related to the class. I guess I gave my number to the wrong guy because he was really pushy about wanting to have sex with me and I ended up dropping the class. I wish I had met someone like Sterling who I could have related to at that time. It would have made my college experience more bearable.

I'm excited for asexuality to be positively featured in short films like these. I hope to see more.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Finally I found the "The Cold Shoulder" shortfilm! It was difficul to find it because the video has wrong the year:

http://vimeo.com/21359477

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/38769-short-film-about-an-asexual-watch-it-now/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1372242/

I've put it on youtube :)