Asexual Types.

Spectre/Ex/Machina

Spectre/Ex/Machina

Flavors of A

SemiSexual: Someone who is borderline GreyAsexual/Allosexual.

Fraysexual Asexual: An Asexual who experiences sexual attraction until they they to know the person and the attraction fades.

Lithosexual Asexual: An Asexual who does experience sexual attraction but does not want them to be reciprocated.

Gray Asexual: Someone who rarely experiences sexual attraction.

Demisexual: Someone who experiences sexual attraction only after forming a close emotional bond with said person.

Autosexual: Someone who is only sexually attracted to themselves.

Sapio Asexual: An Asexual who is aroused by intelligence.

Autochorissexual: Someone who is disconnected from a target or subject of arousal and lacks a desire to part take in activity with it.

Sensual Asexual: An Asexual that may only experience sensual attraction.

Cupiosexual: Someone of Asexual orientation who is open to having sex and likely to enjoy it.

Apothisexual: Someone who is Asexual who is sex-repulsed.

Asexual Fetishist: An "AceFet" is someone who has fetishes and these fetishes are deeply entwined in their sexuality.

Kinky Asexual: An Asexual into kink.

Aromantic Asexual: An Asexual who does not experience romantic attraction.

Celibate Asexual: An Asexual that may have a libido but is closed off to having sex.

NonLibidoist Asexual: A "NoLib" Asexual has no libido. May feel a total indifference or apathy towards sex.

AceFlux: Fluctuating in types of attraction.

Hopefully these Help.

Edit: 10/27/2014

Autochorissexual?

I haven't heard of this one before, please tell me more :)

Autochorissexual?

I haven't heard of this one before, please tell me more :)

Big edit.

Due to my own paranoia I'm just gonna link the thing:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Asexuality+and+Autochorissexualism+(Identity-Less+Sexuality)

It's not available for free unless you (like me) can access through uni or something, but it pretty much says all in the abstract, and that's free :D

suddenly this comment seems pretty useless

Interesting...I think I may better fit into lithosexual asexual...except, I'm only attracted to the same sex lol Does something like litho-homo ace exist?

Spectre/Ex/Machina

Interesting...I think I may better fit into lithosexual asexual...except, I'm only attracted to the same sex lol Does something like litho-homo ace exist?

I believe so.

ChainSmokingBob

Almost every one of these sounds overly specific and unnecessary.

There is a point to which labels are useful, by all means, but to this extent it only strikes me being the same thing for which asexuality in general gets a 'you're just trying to be special' approach.

I don't mean to sound like I'm out to cause any offense either, but having this many definitions must strike more than just me as excessive.

There is a point to which labels are useful, by all means, but to this extent it only strikes me being the same thing for which asexuality in general gets a 'you're just trying to be special' approach.

I don't mean to sound like I'm out to cause any offense either, but having this many definitions must strike more than just me as excessive.

I think they're all awesome :) I know heaps of people on AVEN love being able to have actual words to explain the feelings they have.

Being able to say "I'm a sensual asexual" makes me feel sort of empowered heh.. like I'm owning the way I feel instead of just sort of sitting here feeling baffled by it., if that makes any sense.

I have met a couple of AVENites who are strongly against labels (to the point of openly hating on those who use them) but hey, whatever floats ones boat I say :) my boat loves labels :p

I'm poking around the grey area, and maybe the autochorrisexual, although I don't use either of them as a label per se.

I have met a couple of AVENites who are strongly against labels (to the point of openly hating on those who use them) but hey, whatever floats ones boat I say :) my boat loves labels :P

My boat also sails on a sea of labels.

I get what you mean and I agree to a certain extent. However, being an asexual has a different meaning for many people. A lot of asexuals may be repulsed by sex and so forth, but I am not alone when there are many people who may still feel sexual attraction sometimes. Rather than appear as a special snowflake, we want to have a sense of belonging.

Edit: As far as labels are concerned for me anyways, communities such as these are the only times I will use them. I care not to specify with friends I've already been out with unless they ask.

This is helpful! I've seen these terms around, but didn't know exactly what they all meant.

WünderBâhr

Moved to Asexual Musings and Rantings forum.

Byanyothername

Asexual Q&A Mod

**additional mod note: AVEN hosts many discussions on a variety of definitions. Ultimately, you decide how you identify with what labels are out there. However, please take note that there may be differences in what terminology is used in an officially capacity/resource on AVEN, or offered for information purposes. This does not invalidate the terms used, but merely brings up perspective when such information is provided. Thank you.

I agree but then it's always nice to know that you're not alone and these really specidic subgroups might help some feel more at home with the asexual label. I definitely think that being overly specific is a better alternative than people feeling like they don't belong anywhere.

Hmm, I had heard of most of these, and I like them! I'd say I fall somewhere in the realm of Sensual Asexual or Celibate Asexual, with a hint of AceFet thrown in just to make it weirder.

Also, in addition to Grey Ace being defined as you have it, I have also heard it defined as experiencing very weak or negligible sexual attraction. I think both are acceptable definitions, from accounts I've read/heard from grey ace-identified people.

WhenSummersGone

I'm Demisexual with fetishes. Autochorissexual is interesting and I have fantasies about specific things sometimes so I may experience it.

I don't like "celibate asexuality", or "nolib asexual" for that matter.

I feel like it's confusing libido and sexuality when they are two completely seperate things, and implies that an asexual with a libido is making an active choice to not engage in sex, rather than it being a part of their own innate (a)sexual preference. Why do we need to make the distinction when there is no correlation between libido and asexuality?

Those two particularly strike me as pointless, but on top of that they could confuse people in regards to what asexuality is about.

Aisntllecxtual

I would say that I'm an ex-gray asexual that was clearly pointed in the direction of the starlit night from the beginning of puberty, my sexual awareness (er, correction, unawareness), that has emigrated to the heavenly dark-side over time. Although, for all intents and purposes, black now, the indented footprints where the color gray once made its home is still discernible, and, if one looks really closely, gray speckles can still be seen in the seemingly invariable black firmament. This migration, only in part, I believe, can be explained by a lack (ebb so low to be no) of libido. So, therefore, out of all the categorizations, I would, thus, identify as being a No libido Asexual as the best - not ideally descriptive - option listed. With that said, categories can hide just as much as they can reveal in describing reality, considering the complexity of human nature. I prefer treading and rowing in the realm of poetry and heady metaphors to attractive (and I am, admittedly, well seduced) confining defining boxes: prefer the imaginative art as enabling to scientific labeling: paradox is unavoidable in either home, the difference is that in the former it is realized as embraced as subtlety, while in the latter repressed as unwelcome as obscuration.

Spectre/Ex/Machina

I don't like "celibate asexuality", or "nolib asexual" for that matter.

I feel like it's confusing libido and sexuality when they are two completely seperate things, and implies that an asexual with a libido is making an active choice to not engage in sex, rather than it being a part of their own innate (a)sexual preference. Why do we need to make the distinction when there is no correlation between libido and asexuality?

Those two particularly strike me as pointless, but on top of that they could confuse people in regards to what asexuality is about.

I got these 2 terms from asexuals in the community, they ID in this manner. That is why it is there, I get all of this from my research from my experience in the Ace community. I wouldn't just add it in vain.

I got these 2 terms from asexuals in the community, they ID in this manner. That is why it is there, I get all of this from my research from my experience in the Ace community. I wouldn't just add it in vain.

That's fair enough, but just because some people use those words to describe themselves doesn't mean we should ignore the potential problems they incur also. In such cases, I would question the reasoning behind their choice to use that label.

As someone who would fall under the "celibate asexual" label - if these definitions are to be taken seriously - then I would vehemently refuse to label myself as such because of the implications of using that word. I really do not want to associate myself, or asexuality, in any way with celibacy. I'm not celibate, I'm asexual. There is a difference.

By these definitions I'd probably be an autochorissexual aromantic celibate asexual. Like poindexter, I think "celibate" is the wrong term, because I'm in no way celibate. You can't be celibate if you don't want sex in the first place, because celibate implies fighting your natural urges. If we have to describe arousal at all, "Libidoist" works far better because it has nothing to do with desiring sex, it only means the plumbing works.

I think there's a difference between needing labels to describe yourself to others, and needing labels to describe yourself to yourself - autochorissexual and "celibate" are the latter. I don't really need to tell anyone about whether I get aroused and what by, but it's far more important to be able to say that I don't desire a relationship or sex with anyone. All labels are meaningful, but they're used for different purposes.

Like poindexter, I think "celibate" is the wrong term, because I'm in no way celibate. You can't be celibate if you don't want sex in the first place, because celibate implies fighting your natural urges.

I thoroughly disagree. What you describe there is abstinence, not celibacy. It`s clear to me that everyone who does not have sex is celibate - no ifs, no buts. Wanting sex has nothing to do with it; it's purely about behavior, not about feelings, desires, etc.. And since a sizeable number of aces do have sex, celibate ace is an important distinction.

If anything, the description in the opening post is wrong. It should be "does not have sex", not "does not want sex".

If we go with the "does not have anything to do with it" reasoning, AroAce needs to get removed from the list long before celibate or nonlib. Romance and sexuality are far less connected than sexuality is to libido or sexual activity.

WhenSummersGone

Celibacy is also linked to religious beliefs which is why I also don't use it. I prefer non-sexual.

I think these are more useful as descriptions to use on places like AVEN. If you were to use one of these terms outside the asexual community, it would just be confusing for people.
Spectre/Ex/Machina

That's fair enough, but just because some people use those words to describe themselves doesn't mean we should ignore the potential problems they incur also. In such cases, I would question the reasoning behind their choice to use that label.

As someone who would fall under the "celibate asexual" label - if these definitions are to be taken seriously - then I would vehemently refuse to label myself as such because of the implications of using that word. I really do not want to associate myself, or asexuality, in any way with celibacy. I'm not celibate, I'm asexual. There is a difference.

Which is why the label is Celibate Asexual rather than just Celibate. Also, another subgroup I added was Cupiosexual, which would probably be seen (from an outside view) as the opposite of celibate. So I do think the addition has merit.

Spectre/Ex/Machina

Like poindexter, I think "celibate" is the wrong term, because I'm in no way celibate. You can't be celibate if you don't want sex in the first place, because celibate implies fighting your natural urges.

I thoroughly disagree. What you describe there is abstinence, not celibacy. It`s clear to me that everyone who does not have sex is celibate - no ifs, no buts. Wanting sex has nothing to do with it; it's purely about behavior, not about feelings, desires, etc.. And since a sizeable number of aces do have sex, celibate ace is an important distinction.

If anything, the description in the opening post is wrong. It should be "does not have sex", not "does not want sex".

If we go with the "does not have anything to do with it" reasoning, AroAce needs to get removed from the list long before celibate or nonlib. Romance and sexuality are far less connected than sexuality is to libido or sexual activity.

I just did an edit.

• 7 months later...
Spectre/Ex/Machina

I just added more types that I've seen. Check the OP.

Frozen Fairy

Could someone fit into several of these categories?

Archived