• AceFet
    • AroAce
    • Litho Ace
    • No Libido Ace
    • Celibate Ace

This poll is closed to new votes

Spectre/Ex/Machina

Polling in action.

Assuming Auto Ace means what I think it does.

You forgot sensual ace!! there are many sensual aces here on AVEN :)

Although my partner and I do not have sex, and never will, I didn't click celibate ace because to me that would entail that we want sex, but are refraining from it for whatever reason. I kind of think that ace and celibate are contradictory terms actually, because celibacy implies that you desire coitus (partnered sex) but are refraining. whereas if you are asexual, you aren't refraining because partnered sex just isn't something you desire in the first place? heh.

Anyway I am a demisensual asexual and an ace kinkster :P so. I clicked demi ace and ace fet, although now that I think about it, I actually have no idea what you meant by demi ace :o .. I am demiromantic, demisensual, but in no way demisexual heh.. though I don't think demi *ace* would mean demisexual?

heh, I always rush to do poles before having properly considered my answers :P

.. Anyway, again, you should add sensual ace!! and add a vote there for me if that's possible ehe
:)

Idk what some of these are even. I need to get caught up with the definitions. I know most of them. Perhaps it would be beneficial to add definitions of each at the beginning as I can not be the only one who is unsure what all of these mean.

I voted for celibate asexual, even if my celibacy is caused by strong repulsion towards sex. But I feel very strongly about not having sex, not dating sexuals and avoid anything which could lead to sex.

i don't know what some of these mean D: Also vote for having a sensual ace.

Demiromantic, nonlibidoist ace. I hadn't really thought about it too much, but I suppose I'm celibate too!

I kind of think that ace and celibate are contradictory terms actually, because celibacy implies that you desire coitus (partnered sex) but are refraining.

I don't think celibacy implies such a thing, but abstinence does. (Which is how I choose to differentiate from the two terms so that they each have a separate meaning.) You can't really abstain from something you never wanted in the first place!

Demiromantic, nonlibidoist ace. I hadn't really thought about it too much, but I suppose I'm celibate too!

I kind of think that ace and celibate are contradictory terms actually, because celibacy implies that you desire coitus (partnered sex) but are refraining.

I don't think celibacy implies such a thing, but abstinence does. (Which is how I choose to differentiate from the two terms so that they each have a separate meaning.) You can't really abstain from something you never wanted in the first place!

I think it just depends on how you view the word! I would never use celibate to describe myself, because it brings to my mind images of old fashioned priests and nuns etc, heh.. which yes, I'm guessing is more abstinence than celibacy? gosh I don't know. I just wouldn't use the term celibacy to describe myself, because of how it makes me feel. But each to their own :)

Also I wish we could choose multiple options beacse I am subtypes: Sensual, sex-positive, Autochoris, Aesthetic,autochori-fetishist and slight libidoist.

-flops around like a fish-

Shattered-Glass

I consider myself a gray-ace. Most of my sexual attraction is geared towards my fetishes, of which I have a couple.

WhenSummersGone

Demi and I have some fetishes. Also I prefer to call myself non-sexual.

Also I wish we could choose multiple options beacse I am subtypes: Sensual, sex-positive, Autochoris, Aesthetic,autochori-fetishist and slight libidoist.

-flops around like a fish-

It already is a multiple choice poll. I clicked two answers, myself.

Definitely an aro-ace

Question..."litho ace"? I'm a lithromantic ace, but I don't think that's what you're referring to? As lithromantics feel romantic attraction towards someone but do not desire its reciprocation, and lithsexuals feel sexual attraction but don't desire its recip. So yeah, they're different, and I'm just wondering lol. (Also, I think it's just lith-, not litho-)

Question..."litho ace"? I'm a lithromantic ace, but I don't think that's what you're referring to? As lithromantics feel romantic attraction towards someone but do not desire its reciprocation, and lithsexuals feel sexual attraction but don't desire its recip. So yeah, they're different, and I'm just wondering lol. (Also, I think it's just lith-, not litho-)

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/108404-asexual-types/ lith/o(?) is at the top, yes, it's sexual attraction with no need for reciprocation .. great list :)

.. Cupiosexual!! I never knew that was a word. I have met sooo many people who are confused because they say they DO desire partnered sex, not just enjoy it, but desire it, they just do not feel sexual attraction (I'm sort of the opposite, I feel what I believe to be sexual attraction, I just have no innate desire for, or enjoyment, of partnered sex - despite having an average, sometimes high, libido) ,,

So now when I meet people who are confused trying to work out if they are fully ace, demi, gray... but feeling that none of these labels fit them exactly because they never feel sexual attraction, ever, yet love and desire partnered sex, I can be like ''hey!! heard of cupiosexual??? that sounds exactly like what you are describing!'' of course, people are free to label themselves whatever they think fits best, but having that extra option is always good!!! :)

http://cupiosexual-cupioromantic.tumblr.com/

Aro Ace, No Libido Ace, Celibate Ace

(Didn't know it was multiple-choice, so it just shows an extra statistic for AroAce.)

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived