employment and education levels

iff

Employment and Education  

1. 1. What is your current employment status?

• Employed full time
    • Employed part time
    • Post graduate studies
    • Under graduate studies
    • apprenticeship
    • secondary school/high school
    • both study and employment
    • Unemployed
    • internship
    • other
    • self employed
    • parent
    • retired
  2. 2. For your job, based on your qualifications, are you

• Over employed
    • Under employed
    • Right level of employment for qualifications
    • Not currently in employment
  3. 3. Highest level of education reached

• Masters/Doctorate
    • Professional qualification
    • Trade qualification (carpenter/electrician etc)
    • Degree
    • Diploma/Certificate
    • Secondary school/high school graduate
    • Primary school graduate
    • My parents only sent to primary school on the wet days
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

so going on a topic touched on in another thread

I should note I do have a bias in the answers to my locality

my answers:

1 - employed part time

2 - under employed - i am in the same position as i was 7 years ago, when i passed my final exams so i consider this as underemployed. an accountant with 9 years experience working in the same role as 2 years experience is this

3 - professional qualification on top of my bachelors of art in accounting. why accounting is a bachelor of arts, it just encourages creativity :no: :no: :no:

i've edited the poll 6 times so far, hopefully i have all covered

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I'm currently on a Gap Year before starting University next year :)

Huge mixed bag here. I'm employed full-time, but I work from home (salaried, so not self-employed). I'm qualified for the current job TITLE that I hold, but within that a chunk of what I do, I'm not yet qualified for. You need a master's to be a policy analyst, but I do a lot of policy analyzing.

But I'm working on the Master's too, so I'm full-time employed, part-time studies, partially-underqualified but I put down rightly qualified (for my stated role and pay grade). In about a year and a half everything should even out nicely!

1 - Employed full time

2 - Right level

3 - I've got a Bachelor's of Science and Engineering

About a half year more and I can take the exam for my Professional Engineering license.

littleheartsofjoy

Both study and employment is what I picked. I am studying full-time and working part-time, so that was the only one to apply to me.

As for the second question, it's the right level. There's no other level that I could qualify for anyway, lol.

Right now, I only have secondary education graduate to my name, but by the end of December, I will have a B.A/B.S. in History!

I'm employed on an on call/freelance basis and at times have far too much work. I am technically self employed and enjoy huge blocks of free time but could stand more. So I am under employed but that is not a problem. I'm a creative type and need time for my "real work". I only have a highschool diploma but work in a skilled trade that requires a college degree. Many of my co workers have a masters and they all have a bachelor's. It's museum work though so my coworker's degrees are in things like painting, performance and slide guitar. I'm a highly skilled art world grunt!

Oh, I didn't know you were an accountant, iff, that's what I'm studying!

I work 4 days/week, and study for 1 (I'm doing my AAT, professional qualification, Accounting Technician level). I feel like I'm in the right level of employment for my current qualifications (but only since I made a fuss last month and got a pay rise :blush: before that, I was little more than an office junior)

WhenSummersGone

Unemployed and high school graduate.

1. employed full time

2. under employed

3. have my bachelor's in biology

(however I'm going back to school next year)

Janus the Fox

1. other - on disibility, limited capable and unable to work for th moment granting work capability assessments

2. not currently in employment for above stated reason.

3. Other - educated to a general foundiation degree level in computing.

I'm kind of all over right now.

1- I selected both study and employment. It's a full time study and part time employment. I'm also in an internship via my studies.

2- Underemployment. I'm not even working in my field of study right now, just doing an internship through it.

3- Degree: Two year degree in Early Childhood Education.

Other (limited capacity for employment by no fault of my own), not currently in employment, diploma. I have been working towards and still planning to go for self-employment though.

I'm not sure if im over or under employed? I've never thought about it lol. I only have a high school diploma, I'm employed full time in the role of supervisor..only people higher then me is the buisness owners, and i am the highest paid employee.. but education aside i think i deserve to be where i am so... lol

Quintus Crinis

I picked other as I'm presently on a zero hour contract, which acts as somewhere between unemployed and part-time depending on if anybody else is ill/on holiday. Taking this with the degree I graduated from a few months ago I guess that means I'm under-employed, but to be honest most people tell me that I would be underemployed if I got my dream job anyway so. :)

I think I'm technically working full-time (something like 32 hours a week) while I take a gap year between my BSci and vet school. I think I might be a bit more qualified than the other veterinary assistants considering I have a BSci in biology with a chemistry minor and I think the next highest-educated assistant has a BA in liberal science (and her concentration was human psychology). But I'm not a licensed technician and in New York it's only questionably legal for an assistant to do stuff like draw blood or administer drugs because in New York assistants can literally just be unqualified people off the street.

Anyway, if I don't get into vet school this year (i.e., for fall 2015), then I'm looking into some one-year to eighteen-month vet tech programs so I could continue my education in the meantime.

I do two full-time jobs, but in effect I've always lead a double life. academically I failed university at the end of year two, mainly because I just was not ready to live alone, but I finally know why. As someone who by intellectual standards should have a degree the fact that I am a taxi driver and a secretary is a massive under-achievement. Basically I've messed up the last 25 years and I'm only now trying to put things right

1. Employed full time

2. Underemployed

3. Not sure what to choose here: I completed my MA and then did a 2-year postgraduate course.

1. other - on disibility, limited capable and unable to work for th moment granting work capability assessments

i should have had disability/illness included as an option in the poll

I'm currently an third-year undergraduate student studying math and computer science. I also work part-time tutoring students in calculus and TA-ing a freshmen-level computer science class. Although I wouldn't want to stay a part-time tutor forever, I think it's pretty good considering I'm still in college and I'm happy with it. :)

the last question is hard to answer, as I'm not from an English-speaking country. What is the difference between a degree and a diploma / certificate ? And what is the difference between a diploma and a high school graduate, in term of number of years ?

the last question is hard to answer, as I'm not from an English-speaking country. What is the difference between a degree and a diploma / certificate ? And what is the difference between a diploma and a high school graduate, in term of number of years ?

secondary school here tends to be 5 years from 13 to 18, diploma and certificates tend to be 2 and 3 years here, being usually lead ons to degrees in undergraduate studies

hope that helps a little :)

but i do recognise that in other countries, they have other systems

Self-employed, right level of employment (though I'd love more pay lol), and Bachelor's degree. : )

1 & 2: Unemployed. 3: Primary school graduate, High school dropout. (10th grade.)

"Employed" full time - in it's literal sense, 24 hours 7 days a week. Qualifications,is,just about right I guess. And high school graduate.

I worked as a busser for a while. It was a sketchy off the record job and they held back my pay.

Now I work as a part timer in a new age store. I have my diploma. Its right for my qualifications.

• 1 year later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read-only Census Archive for 2014. As part of ongoing Census Forum organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, each poll will last for one year. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Census Moderator

Archived