How do you feel about cuddling?

Oh my goodness I love it. I never thought I would, but it just sort of started happening recently with this one guy, and it's literally great. I used to be quite touch-averse, too, so it was definitely quite a pleasant surprise for me, too. Of course, at the moment I feel like he's the only person I could do that with. I can't imagine it in any sort of completely platonic setting, or with someone I didn't trust. But that's just me.

Squirrel Combat

I need to try it first.

I love cuddles but I don't get any :(

Same here @JTeer. :(

I would cuddle all day if someone would let me.. though I'd probably be uncomfortable if I didn't know them very well

I love cuddles but I don't get any :(

Same here @JTeer. :(

:( *virtual hug*

Aww, thank you. :) Actually, when I say I don't get any cuddles...it's true that I do get some from the kids I work with. It's not the same as adult cuddles though - it's more me giving care to them, rather than a mutual thing.

I've never really cuddled with anybody, but I absolutely LOVE hugging people. I also kinda cuddle my stuffed llama at night (don't judge) and it's really comforting. So I'd imagine I'd still like cuddling another person.

cheeringselenator

I've never really cuddled with anyone before. I'm not even a big hugger but I like giving hugs to my family. When I see cuddling on TV or movies I sorta want to try cuddling with someone, unlike when I see sex scenes on TV, where I have no interest in that. But I don't know, I like my own space, I think thats why its taken me so long to be okay with hugging people I am close to. But I would maybe like to try cuddling with someone, once I feel comfertable with them.

I also kinda cuddle my stuffed llama at night (don't judge) and it's really comforting. So I'd imagine I'd still like cuddling another person.

Aww, I don't see anything wrong with that. I cuddle a pillow. :)

I also kinda cuddle my stuffed llama at night (don't judge) and it's really comforting. So I'd imagine I'd still like cuddling another person.

That's what I did before my llama days :P. I luckily never really felt judged for it though since one of my best friends also has a stuffed animal that she's really attached to and sleeps with :)

I don't like cuddling with most people. Or touching people, really. I am only affectionate with my mother and my younger brother. Anyone else, even my best friend or my father, and I tense up.

Or well, if we talk about inanimate objects, then I like cuddling my plushes (forever a child in that aspect).

That's what I did before my llama days :P. I luckily never really felt judged for it though since one of my best friends also has a stuffed animal that she's really attached to and sleeps with :)

I cuddle my teddy when I sleep, it's really comforting ^_^

I've cuddled just once in my life :(

I liked it c:

But I've never found anyone else to cuddle with. :<

I love cuddling! Not with just anyone, though. I can cuddle only with few special people, because I don't like to be touched by random acquaintances.

alicepractice

I looove platonic cuddles with friends. Never had a romantic partner to do it with, but I'm assuming it'd be even better, haha. Having physical contact with people in general is enjoyable to me as long as it doesn't get sexual.

Cuddling works when it's with someone I'm already very close to. I couldn't feel comfortable getting that close to someone I don't know very well. If I don't have something to wrap my arms around at night (e.g., body pillow, stuffed animal, etc.) usually I don't get very good sleep.

Cuddling works when it's with someone I'm already very close to. I couldn't feel comfortable getting that close to someone I don't know very well. If I don't have something to wrap my arms around at night (e.g., body pillow, stuffed animal, etc.) usually I don't get very good sleep.

Cuddling will work for those you're not close to as well if you have long enough arms. :P

I give hugs to people I know as a kind of hello/goodbye thing, but I can only really feel comfortable cuddling people I'm pretty close to. So if someone I don't really know puts their arm around me, it's kinda awkward, but if a best friend does it I'm golden! :)

Truth and Lies

I do enjoy cuddling, certainly. However, outside of my family, I have not experienced substantial physical closeness with another person for about... five to seven years? In terms of cuddling, at least. I used to give hello/goodbye hugs to a friend about four years ago, but that is all, really. This is because I have not had a near-by friend who enjoys platonic affection like hugging or cuddling since then.

...Then again, I have not made many friends in that time, either. I am a loner, definitely. Now more than ever. Instead, I simply cuddle with my stuffed panda bear when I sleep~.

Thinking about it, I do not really feel much of a desire for it. Simply that if the opportunity came that I could cuddle with someone I feel close to emotionally, I would certainly accept and enjoy it. ^_^

I think I have sadly mixed feelings about it. <: D

Like, I emotionally like it very much when a friend of mine clings to me while sleeping next to me but physically I don't like to be touched for too long time (I'm HSP so it's basically about that. It's very few touches that I actually enjoy.)

So I prefer touches that don't last that long. xD Hugs are the best. <3 I'd probably be a cuddle addict if I could physically enjoy it more, I think.

I love cuddling my plushies , my cats, my dog( oh, she hated me for that), my friends, it feels better. I'm still an aromantic if I love cuddles, isn't it?

IMO cuddling is the most awesome thing there is

Edited to add:
responding to the rest of the thread-- I think cuddling is more a social thing than a sexual thing. So yes, its not at all mutually exclusive to sexual orientation.

Per Aspera Ad Astra

I love cuddling and hugging more than I love cake! There, I've said it! I'll go hide now, before one of you tries to kill me! :ph34r:

I love cuddling my partner (well, if I had one), my friends (or at least, the ones who like hugging), my animals, my cuddly toy... But I wouldn't cuddle with anyone. I don't like hugging my family, but that may be because we're not that close. And I don't like it when someone else initiates the hug or the cuddles, unless I'm very close to them.

Cuddling and hugging feels warm, and safe, and comforting. It makes me feel better, and it makes me feel loved. I feel like nothing can happen to me, like the arms of the person hugging me are the safest place in the world.

But I haven't gotten a hug in a long while. Most of the people to whom I'm close enough to actually hug aren't into hugging. And my horse doesn't really like it when I hug him. So I usually hug my dog, because he loves it!