How do you feel about cuddling?

I can't explain it, but I absolutely love cuddling... I don't know, maybe for me, it is like a sexual persons sex? I love it so much that i had to buy a large body pillow to wrap myself around so I could sleep at night. I'm not if sure why such a huge desire to cuddle with people is normal for most asexuals so tell me what you think/your stance of cuddling! :3

RoswellValentine

I want to cuddle with one of my cats, but I'm in college and they're at my parent's house in another state. I also kind of want to cuddle with at least one of my friends, but again, we're in different states (and I'm probably looking like a clod for not being able to drive, but it scares the hell out of me).

Cuddling is everything! It is amazing and gives good feelings of joy and wonderment. It is certainly my cup of tea ^_^

I am obsessed with cuddling. Just last week I drove nearly 200 miles to see someone for an evening of cuddles, and I have one semi-regular partner who's a bit under 2 hours away. I am pretty much continuously searching for new cuddle buddies.

I'll agree with OP's comment about cuddling being for me what sex is for most people. The opportunity to share touch with someone is strongly compelling for me. The prevailing connection people seem to see between touch and sex isn't very surprising, but I have been a little surprised to find that, while there are tons of people open to the idea of casual sex, those interested in casual non-sexual touch are much, much rarer.

Cuddling, hugs, holding hands is to me like sex is to a sexual... And I have to have a deep connection with the other person to want to engage in it.. But under the right circumstances it is wonderful 💞

littlepersonparadox

Cuddling, hugs, holding hands is to me like sex is to a sexual... And I have to have a deep connection with the other person to want to engage in it.. But under the right circumstances it is wonderful 💞

I get what you mean. Cuddling with the wrong person or someone I don't have deep feelings for does nothing for me and I can cuddle non romatically but only for a short while. Else it feels weird after awhile particularly with how sensual cuddling can be for me. Same thing with pets. If the right person (I.e someone I trust) does it it can cause me to feel happy and drowsy. Wrong person and I feel hostile towards them.

Cuddling is everything! It is amazing and gives good feelings of joy and wonderment. It is certainly my cup of tea ^_^

Particularly with you my love.
pegasusoftraken

I love cuddles and think for me also that my feelings about cuddling are similar to how allosexuals feel about sex (or at least non-monogamous allosexuals). And I have a massive plushie Eeyore who is the best cuddle buddy ever.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

basically that

but I just can't cuddle with anyone.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

basically that

but I just can't cuddle with anyone.

agreed and some people I've cuddled with just felt so friggen awkward, like trying to make a dead engine run. But when it's good....

I'm very particular about my cuddling. For the most part, it just doesn't happen. I'm kind of touch averse. I can do hugs. I can do pinky holding. Forehead kisses are cute...but the whole warm-body-against-another-warm-body thing is just ugh. Wrong temperature. Uncomfortable body parts. No.

Then again...I think that if I'm able to connect with someone romantically and intellectually (and the person smells wonderful), I can do it. But I've only been able to comfortably cuddle with one other person before :/

I would love having somebody to cuddle with. But not sure about cuddling + sleeping.

I love cuddling. Most things that people consider sensual, like kissing etc., feel a bit more sexual than I'd like, but cuddling just makes me feel all safe and protected and warm and happy and yes :) (But I definitely have to develop my demiromantic bond before that. Not a huge fan of cuddling otherwise)

reading through some of the replies, cuddling sounds nice. Haven't done it in a long time. The mention of it becoming sexual makes me cringe a little. These are two separate things to me.

I love cuddling but I haven't done so in nearly 4+ years now. The last person I tried to cuddle with saw it as a sexual advance (an ex-partner). :unsure: I've became a bit hesitant now on cuddling as it appears to some people it's a form of initiating sex to try to cuddle with them. I reserve it for partners or best friends who are capable of seeing it as a non-sexual act and that I have a good emotional bond with. I just do not have individuals that fit the description IRL right now though.

The Maple Leaf Forever

Ficulnean, I'd also really love to have someone I could cuddle with, and also (if she were OK with it) to sleep in the same bed with. Where I would draw the line is when it comes to stripping off our pants and doing you-know-what.

I love the idea of cuddling with people and touch is a huge thing to me but there always seems to be the unspoken expectation for things to go beyond cuddling and I'm not at all interested in that, and it actually makes me pretty uncomfortable when I get that vibe from people. So I'm with Laniakean up there, I don't really know what an evening of cuddling would entail? But I would probably be super into cuddling if I had some local asexual friends.

That Ginger Kid

I like it. Not to some obsessive point, but it is nice. I'm not much for being close to any people, but luckily I have a massive dog who is super-cuddly when she's sleepy :3

I mean, it's ok with someone that you're really close to, but in my life I've never known a person to be able to put up with me for long enough to allow me to cuddle with them (thanks to my lack of sexual want and all..), and I think it'd be awkward with my friends XD

Mysterywriter221

I like cuddling but I have this irrational fear I'll somehow crush the person I'm cuddling with.

Cereal Tendencies

I get random cuddle urges.

Most of the time I'm ok, I can do without, but other times I use a body pillow to satisfy this intense need lol

romantic-woman

hmm cuddling is cool , not with any random person but with people that i feel some deep connection with

It can give me a safe feeling, that someone cares about me and is there, next to me , and willing to help me feel better or happy

But i don't want to cuddle with people who aren't asexuals. As someone said you are never sure that they will not take it as something more than that.

I really love cuddling. I am an emotional person and I need that kind of contact. i want cuddles, blanket sharing, lap pillows, head on shoulders and such!