Dilbert Mentioned Asexuals

Opel the Old

Mycroft is Yourcroft

I laughed at this, but depending on how easily offended people are, yes, some might find it offensive.

I wouldn't take it too seriously, it's a short comic :P

EDIT: I have moved this topic to World Watch

Mycroft is Yourcroft

Project Team

• Like 1

"...like an asexual trespasser." = I wonder, do they actually mean asexuality? Seems to me more like it's about lacking gender signifier. Maybe.

• Like 3

I see nothing wrong with it. He didn't say anything bad about asexuality and after all it is a comic. I'm actually glad he mentioned it there will be some people who won't get it and so they'll Google it and actually find out what it means. Its like a visibility project, kinda.

• Like 1

Do asexuals have a "look"? Is there an asexual uniform? Why didn't I get the memo? :)

• Like 2

I see there are 2 threads about this.

I asked this question on the other thread : since the asexual community tends to have lots of jokes floating around about sexuals and sex, have we made ourselves fair game for this kind of humor ?

Possibly, but they're going to have to be funnier than that.

• Like 2

Do asexuals have a "look"? Is there an asexual uniform? Why didn't I get the memo? :)

Wasn't it turtlenecks, though? I'm pretty sure our asexual uniform involved turtlenecks.

• Like 5

Well, it seems to me that the cartoon suggests that asexual people are dorky, powerless, boring, and irrelevant... it's rather nasty, actually.

Well, asexuality is often ignored and is seen as sexually irrelevant even though it isn't. The comic is so short and simple that I'm going to assume it's taking a jab at that, the asexual stereotype, and not actual asexuality. And thus, a smile is brought to my face. :cake:

ranting ferret

oh sure, why not?

asexuals can have a "look".

i propose we title said look "i'm too sexy for the sex".

then we do our turn on the cat walk...

• Like 1
ButtCountyDanceParty

He's a misogynist moron. Nobody should take him seriously enough to even bother figuring out what he means by the comic.

• Like 2

Well, it seems to me that the cartoon suggests that asexual people are dorky, powerless, boring, and irrelevant... it's rather nasty, actually.

I actually find it concverning that lack of power = lack of sex, so sex = power. More so then I find any joke about asexuality here offensive. But then again, I am really not getting what is being said in this comic.

MystiqueSister

My boss demanded to know what our 'look' was, like we're emos or something. LOL I said there is no look. I look like me. Then he said maybe we should all wear berets and I said no, that's Beatniks. :lol:

like we're emos or something.

What's an emos ?

Emotionally reactive people, although it has a lot more negative connotations than just that.

i see Asexual people cracking jokes about Sexual people so I dont think people have a place to be offended by this.

This is fair. You get what you give.

Yes! You have two choices: 1) head-to-toe purple, at all times, and 2) dress up as your favorite Doctor. I'm having trouble deciding between 4 (that scarf!) and 5 (lapel celery is always in style, in case you get peckish).