Introvert and asexual aromantic

Alanabeth

To me this is so convenient. My experience has been that I can focus on meeting people that work directly with me or my professors, but I find that I am not lonely, because I have my books my tv and my bff on occasion. Is anyone else also an introvert and asexual.

Yeah, and I've found that, while there are people I consider friends and I enjoy being around them sometimes, I don't experience loneliness if I go a while without hanging with anoyone. I certainly have no fear of "ending up alone," either, in fact, that would be the ideal situation for me. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Cereal Tendencies

*Raises hand* Hello there fellow introvert :D

To me this is so convenient. My experience has bern that i can focus on meeting people that work directly with me or my professors, but i fond that I am not lonely, because inhave my books my tv and my bff on occasion. Is anyone else also an introvert and asexual.

Yep. And it's why I'm not out to my family: they might see it just as me being introvert. I love, love, love my books though. And am not lonely, and enjoy conversations with those few people I develop strong bonds with.

Yes, I'm another asexual introvert. Like others I read a lot. Don't do as I used to though. I spent the last 25 years in a drunken stupor every night trying to overcome my inhibitions. At least, through this site at meet-ups we know that there will never be pressure to try and form a relationship. However, unlike some people I do feel desperately lonely at times. This is where it gets tricky, wanting company and companionship but nothing more.

Books are all the company I seem to need. I don't know if I am introvert, per se, but I am not bothered by lack of social activity!

TheSillyCupcake

I'm an introvert as well, but the odd thing is that I'm not a big fan of reading accept if there are pictures or something I'm really intrested in. But still, I love to be by myself most of the time and I don't feel lonely. So you're not the only one

EDIT: Actually I think I'm an Ambivert.

scarletlatitude

:) Hello!

I am also an introverted asexual. I get all the social interaction I could ever need at work. I am romantic though, just not sexual. Which does make the whole dating scenario interesting. :P

its ab interesting demographic. When I first heard the term asexual there was a girl who seemed quite introverted or at least shy. She was telling people her identity because no one heard iof it before. It was a LGBTQIA event so everyone was open. I wish i said something.

I am an introvert, and I used to be very shy. I'm not shy any more, but my family thinks that the reason I don't have a boyfriend/fiance/husband yet is because I'm too shy. This is not the case, but I'll let them think that :) :cake:

I enjoy talking to people, but I don't like to let people 'in'. They really do have to jump a high bar for that to happen. Does that make me introverted? I am useless at small talk - can't see the point! :)

I enjoy talking to people, but I don't like to let people 'in'. They really do have to jump a high bar for that to happen. Does that make me introverted? I am useless at small talk - can't see the point!one of the traits of introverts is not actually liking small talk. although I've learned that as I grow up, I learned how to fake it.

I enjoy talking to people, but I don't like to let people 'in'. They really do have to jump a high bar for that to happen. Does that make me introverted? I am useless at small talk - can't see the point!one of the traits of introverts is not actually liking small talk. although I've learned that as I grow up, I learned how to fake it.

I didn't know that! Yes, I've learned to fake it too, but mostly in the context of work. Also, if I am ever out and about, then I only feel inclined to use my time on people I feel are 'worth it'. That sounds terribly arrogant, but it isn't meant like that. What I mean to say is that I invest time and energy in people, I don't want (or need) to have lots of acquaintances in my life, just a few, good friends.

That makes me sound awful. I'm not, really! It just take so much energy from me to mix with people in real life.

Aisntllecxtual

Yes, count me as another asexual introvert. My books are also the world to me. I have a veritable library. They are all boxed up (just short of 20 banana boxes) and were in storage but now are at my parent's mobile home in Florida. I didn't have the heart to give them away to Goodwill. I couldn't pull the trigger but when my parents return there this month they will get rid of them where I failed. i can't ship them overseas without it costing an arm and a leg. Does anybody have an idea how I can transport them across the ocean cheaply?

I enjoy connecting deeply on an intellectual level with people. This has happened once in my life. He long since moved to Nova Scotia, and me, well, I have traveled here and there throughout the world since we last parted (haven't seen him in more than15 years). I have one good friend whom I've known since 6th grade of Middle School. We share a love of history. I have maintained touch with him intermittently via the internet and in person during the times I've returned home (he has lived his entire life in the same local community we grew up in Maine; and I, as said, have lived the life of a gypsy). I enjoy his company a lot and value him greatly.

I, like you, also like watching TV. I like taking long walks/hikes alone, conducive to deep thinking. And exercising alone: the synergy between physical activity and intellectual stimulation can spiral loftily to new surprising revelations.. I like writing poetry and prose, a solitary introspective engagement. Although I have no aversion to human contact, I could easily live my life alone and never be bored (I keep myself forever fascinated) or unhappy, but superbly contented. On the other hand, despite the stresses, I have worked in the interactive helping fields, the social service, legal, and educational professions. Upon reflection, it make for a healthy balance between my private monk-like private existence and the dynamically interactive public role which sharply paradoxically contrasts,

Sorry about the long posting but I was in a contemplative self-revelatory mood. I am a natural loner but not adverse to opening up, including in a safe space on the internet.

There are some things I want to point out. one: whether youa re an introvert or an extrovert, it doesn't mean you are a bad person. two: if you don't' read then it doesn't mean your less of an introvert.

I am definitely an introvert and asexual. I love reading books, spending time on my computer and playing with my dogs. I do not have any friends and work from home. I do not feel alone/lonely. I am content.

I'd rather be in band.

I am also an asexual introvert. I find it much simpler to be in quiet, desolated places in which I needn't explain myself. However, I do enjoy the company of a few like-minded peers that already understand me. I don't feel the need to read into everything when I'm alone with my thoughts in the serenity of aloneness. :)

Introvert aro-ace here! I spend a loooooot of time alone. I do get lonesome sometimes, but I think that is more about a lack of having people in my life that truly UNDERSTAND me. But for the most part, I like to enjoy my free time on my own terms, without having to consider the needs of others. (It is hard enough pandering to my cats every evening - very demanding creatures!) and in order to recharge mentally, I must be alone for that!

I prefer the company of animals to most people I meet. Can anyone relate?

I'm an introvert too. I can go quite a while without much interaction, although I really do enjoy interesting conversations and simple cuddling, but for the most part I can feel very occupied and content with books and writing and my other hobbies and just kind of forget to even contact my friends, even if I do really like them. I definitely don't need very many friends, just a couple really close ones is good. I think being asexual is probably easier for Introverts because I think we experience a bit less pressure to connect in that way since we're not out being social as much anyway - popular cultural expectations aren't being shoved in our faces quite as frequently I would think. Also, while have always wanted a long term romantic relationship, I feel like because I don't feel a need for sex I was a lot more comfortable with the prospect that I might be single the rest of my life and knew I could handle that so long as I had some good friends to have an emotional connection with. I didn't feel like I had to be in a 'relationship' to have a fulfilling life and didn't have a sex drive nagging at me in the back of my brain to find someone right away.

I agree with you potato-chip I often prefer the company of animals to that of people - I love animals!! I love talking to and cuddling with pets :)

I'm the kind of person who feels relieved about a friend cancelling an outing even though it was I who invited them. I don't mind the occassional party or whatever so long as people aren't overly persistent. When both my sister and brother moved out, I felt a little alone but then that feeling quickly faded away. Friends are a virtual existence nowadays.

I quite dislike small chat and sometimes it's a little stressful trying to fill the silence. Silence freaks people out very easily lol I'm sorry. As for what I do in my alone time, I mostly daydream, write, and draw. My imagined world is more real to me than reality itself. Sometimes I don't believe I'm a material being.

Ironically, I am absorbed in all matters of sex and romance in my fictitious worlds. But having no interest in any of that for myself in reality.

I feel like all of this applies to me as well. I enjoy my friends company and such and I like to hang out with them, but there are some days where I'd rather be by myself, not leave my house, and do what I want to do.

Certainly, introverted aro ace here.

Once during middle school we had to take some online tests on what sort of jobs would fit us based on personality and personal preferences.

I got lighthouse keeper. To this day my dad won't let me live it down ^_^

I don't hate social interactions and I do have friends but I really don't feel the need to meet up and go on social outings much, especially not in larger groups. I usually need a day to recover by myself after those. I'd like to avoid parties entirely but sometimes feel a social obligation to join in. If anything, I prefer virtual conversations since they give you much more room to yourself and you can focus on the conversation.

Introvert aro-ace here! I spend a loooooot of time alone. I do get lonesome sometimes, but I think that is more about a lack of having people in my life that truly UNDERSTAND me. But for the most part, I like to enjoy my free time on my own terms, without having to consider the needs of others. (It is hard enough pandering to my cats every evening - very demanding creatures!) and in order to recharge mentally, I must be alone for that!

I prefer the company of animals to most people I meet. Can anyone relate?

Completely relatable. I like being close to animals a lot, but being around people can be so tiring.

Especially when they don't have the same sense of personal space as you and they keep walking closer to you, and in the end you end up sliding against a wall to get some space...

I have a lots of introvert traits, but I am really more of an Ambivert. I recently read the book "Quiet" by Susan Cain - I recommend it for all introverts.

Introverted aro ace here. *Waves* I love to read, write, make things (masks, small sewing projects, jewelry). I hate dances, or anything that requires socialization. I don't really talk much excepting a few close friends. I do tend to keep an eye on email and such, since I'm much more comfy talking online than in person. I can spend hours just sitting in companionable silence with my parents ( who are pretty introverted as well [seriously we can go hours without saying anything to each other]). Even after spending time with one or two friends I need time to myself. A traditional romantic relationship just seems like so much WORK and never being really alone, having conversations or being able to hare off somewhere to get some space just sounds exhausting. >.<

cheeringselenator

I am defiently an introvert. I think I am asexual (I just started learning about it and just became a member of this site), but your description of yourself is just like me!

Hey there fellow introverts! I'm am also an introverted aromantic asexual. I am so glad there are others here that sound a lot like me. I love spending time alone and only have enough energy for people at work and maybe once a week for friends. I do email and text constantly with the handful of close friends I have so I'm not cut off from people. I read a lot (I own hundreds of books). But I also play video games, mostly story based ones that are almost like interactive books (with sword fights ;). ) my family thinks I'm a hermit who will end up alone (most of them not know or accepting or asexuality). But I'm completely ok with it. I happiest on my own. It's just so much effort to make small talk with people at work or out with friends that I just avoid it. I'm great in one on one conversations and enjoy them but not everyday.

Glad there are more introverted aces here!

I am also an introvert and ace/aro, as reflected in the intro of this post. I like hanging with my closest 2 friends and i would accomadate time for them. but I have to prepare myself for it. same with other areas in my life. If i am going to be doing anything that has a level of disorder/stimulation or i have to perform,I have to prepare myself most likely a couple of days before. I never scheduel something for the day i'm scheduling it unless nessesary. i'm not usually lonely becsuse my "friends?" are usually in tv shows, books. but if I am it's extremely hard for me go out of my way just to not feel lonely. I wonder the percentages of introverted asexuals and extroverted asexuals.

Archived