Malala Yousafzai Awarded Nobel Peace Prize. Thoughts?

MossyOwl

I, for one, feel as if a little bit of my faith in humanity has been restored.

I for one feel this is thoroughly deserved. She didn't just survive an assassination attempt - she bounced it back and turned it into a strike back against tyranny and misogynism, through patient campaign and sober speeches. If she doesn't deserve the title, no-one does

Good for her, she took a bullet to the head and she still refused to be coerced out of her education.

I'm not insane

She's amazing. I'm glad she won it.

Besides fighting for the right for girls to go to school, she also speaks out against drone strikes committed by the United States. She's deserves it.

It's great news - she has stood so strong against terrifying opposition, this is such a deserved recognition of her incredible perseverance and bravery.

I think Malala Yousafzai is one of the most incredible people alive right now. She reminds us all of how much of an impact one person's voice can have on the world, even when they're young and seemingly powerless. Nobody is more deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize than she is.

I’ll confess I actually did a little skippy happy dance and clapped my hands when I found out.

Both Malala and Kailash are deserving of the prize both have done outstanding work.

I think it's fantastic. And we know she won't send drones to kill innocent civilians. Not that any other nobel peace winner has done that...

Fair enough choice, but it's going take me a lot longer until I consider the peace prize anything other than a total joke.

As far as the veiled jabs at Obama, he did not award himself the Peace Prize. Criticize the Nobel committee if you want to criticize anyone.

I wasn't assuming anything about you, Shockkk, because I wasn't replying to your post. You should work on that kind of assumption, and you should also not directly (or indirectly) insult other posters.

Nvm sorry I apologize. Didn't see Eidd's comment and just assumed your post had to have been in response to my post.

Still disagree what I said was an insult to you (being critical of other people's logic and rhetoric is quite commonplace - especially in pps and hot box), but whatever.

Are you guys honestly trying to bring down what would otherwise be a celebratory thread for a teenager that survived a bullet to the head? Holy shit.

Are you guys honestly trying to bring down what would otherwise be a celebratory thread for a teenager that survived a bullet to the head? Holy shit.

Lol, get off your high horse. Malala Yousafzai isn't posting in this thread and this thread isn't a "let's all congratulate her!" thread posted in Celebration Time, it's a discussion thread posted in PPS for fuck sake.

Lol, get off your high horse. Malala Yousafzai isn't posting in this thread and this thread isn't a "let's all congratulate her!" thread posted in Celebration Time, it's a discussion thread posted in PPS for fuck sake.

Common decency does not equal high horse, but yeah I can see how complaining about Obama is totally relevant to her.

Common decency does not equal high horse. Nice try though.

Lol just lol. Discussion over the validity of the peace prize isa perfectly reasonable line of discussion, quit being so upright with your notions of "common decency".

Lol just lol. Discussion over the validity of the peace prize isa perfectly reasonable line of discussion, quit being so upright with your notions of "common decency".

Useless post.

Nvm sorry I apologize. Didn't see Eidd's comment and just assumed your post had to have been in response to my post.

Still disagree what I said was an insult to you (being critical of other people's logic and rhetoric is quite commonplace - especially in pps and hot box), but whatever.

Yeah, pretty enlightening discussion of the Nobel prize there. By the way, if you think that's uptight - you're going to have some pretty interesting experiences in a social setting.

Useless post.

Yeah, pretty enlightening discussion of the Nobel prize there. By the way, if you think that's uptight - you're going to have some pretty interesting experiences in a social setting.

Yeah, because you're posts (or anyone else's posts in this thread) are so incredibly enlightening....

I made one post in a thread about discussion in politics and philosophy of this years Nobel peace prize about about how I thought this was a decent choice but that I still felt the peace prize was a bit of a joke, and then apologized for misinterpreting someone's post while deleting the useless post so people wouldn't have to waste their time reading it. Then you come in spouting off some crap about how posts that aren't celebrating this women are out of line. Yep, I'm certainly the one lacking common decency haha...

Oh, and newsflash: if some random person in public asked me what I thought about this the Nobel peace prize and I responded how I did in this thread, 99% wouldn't freak about lacking common decency.

Useless post.

Yeah, because you're posts (or anyone else's posts in this thread) are so incredibly enlightening....

I made one post in a thread about discussion in politics and philosophy of this years Nobel peace prize about about how I thought this was a decent choice but that I still felt the peace prize was a bit of a joke, and then apologized for misinterpreting someone's post while deleting the useless post so people wouldn't have to waste their time reading it. Then you come in spouting off some crap about how posts that aren't celebrating this women are out of line. Yep, I'm certainly the one lacking common decency haha...

Oh, and newsflash: if some random person in public asked me what I thought about this the Nobel peace prize and I responded how I did in this thread, 99% wouldn't freak about lacking common decency.

Here's the difference, I wasn't trying to make an argument over the validity of the Nobel Prize. Also, because apparently you've made another misinterpretation of someone's post - I was fine with your views on the Nobel Prize, it's the unrelated (SEE: QUOTED POSTS ABOVE) that treaded into that indecency territory. Newsflash, if you just randomly type out "Useless post" (and I'm going to assume at this point it was edited to clear out the previous message, feel free to correct me), 99% would assume it's a shot at the post before that one.

Back to Malala: If I were of the religion that believes in saints, I'd call her a saint. I'm glad she isn't living where she could be hurt again, or actually killed.

and re Shockkk's deleted post, it was indeed in reply to mine, and it was personally insulting.

Useless post.

Here's the difference, I wasn't trying to make an argument over the validity of the Nobel Prize. Also, because apparently you've made another misinterpretation of someone's post - I was fine with your views on the Nobel Prize, it's the unrelated (SEE: QUOTED POSTS ABOVE) that treaded into that indecency territory. Newsflash, if you just randomly type out "Useless post" (and I'm going to assume at this point it was edited to clear out the previous message, feel free to correct me), 99% would assume it's a shot at the post before that one.

Right and all the unrelated accusations you're throwing around is perfectly fine. What a joke.

I mean jesus fucking christ, what do you want me to do? I didn't see Eidd's post, wrongly assumed sally's post was directed at me and responded to it (admittedly somewhat annoyed since it seemed to assume some sort of sinister motivation behind my original post), realized I was wrong, apologized, deleted the useless response, and defended myself because against accusations of insulting. I mean if that constitutes indecency for you, than you must be an absolute nightmare to get along with in real life. Whatever, I'm done with you.

Shockkk, I think a mod could probably find the deleted post, and if so, your denial of "insulting" would fail.

However, back to Malala and her goodness.

Let's drop it already, everyone, and stay on topic please.

ithaca, Admin

(Imagine this post is red, I'm phone bound)

(post is now red)

Malala is amazing, brave person and she deserves the Nobel prize. She achieved so much at so young age, the most of much older people would never be able to do what she has done.

Archived