Help us make a Music Video for Asexual Awareness Week!

Masque_Ace

Hey Everyone!

To celebrate Asexual Awareness Week, the team at Queer Sounds want to create a video for our song Asexy.

BUT

We would like your help.

We want to put together a video with real asexual spectrum people holding up the lyrics to the song, almost in a subterranean homesick blues fashion.

If you would be interested in helping us make this video, please send an email to queersounds@gmail.com with ‘Asexy Awareness Song’ as the subject we’ll assign you a section of the lyrics to write up signs for and film.

You then go off and do it, upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video, submit the video to us here, and we’ll take care of the rest. Submission of videos closes on the 22nd of October 2014, so make sure to send them to us by then.

Interested? Here’s some more detailed instructions and guidelines regarding how to make your video.

Also available in video format here.

1. LET US SEE YOU! Make sure your video has good lighting and visibility. We need to be able to see both you and your cards. If we can’t then unfortunately your submission may be disregarded.

2. KEEP THE LYRICS CLEAR! Make sure you write in a manner that is large enough, legible enough, and clear enough. We would recommend using thick-ish markers rather than pens to write your lyrics.

3. BE CREATIVE! Use whatever fonts, colours or illustrations you feel necessary to best convey the message of the lyrics (avoid any symbols that could be interpreted as inappropriate. The use of inappropriate symbolism could mean that your submission isn’t accepted). Basically, if your neighbour's grandmother wouldn't like seeing it in a get well card, you should probably avoid it.

4. HAVE FUN! Feel free to laugh smile, gesture…etc as much as you feel like – just don’t move around so much that it becomes unclear where to focus.

5. LET US THANK YOU! Tell us who you are so we can thank-you for contributing to our video by holding up a sign with whatever name you wish to be credited with after you’ve gone through your portion of the lyrics. Strike a pose, give us a kind smile, bust a move… do whatever you feel like. Also, if you have a webpage of some sort, send it to us along with your video and we’ll place an in-video link to your site so viewers can find you.

Thanks so much for considering helping us with this project. Below are some discussion and demonstration videos to help you make yours.

Good luck!

REMEMBER! Send submissions to :

http://goo.gl/forms/4gg4d81Du1
Mycroft is Yourcroft

What a cool idea :D

*Rolls sleeves up*

I'll think about how to go with it :)

This is basically me with a rough demonstration of how things should go (preferable without the mistakes but ahhh... who's got the time to be picky?)

Hmm, is it the 21st or 22nd? Your post says the 21st, yet you say the 22nd in your video.

Hmm, is it the 21st or 22nd? Your post says the 21st, yet you say the 22nd in your video.

The deadline is the 22nd of October. I can't edit Masque's post, but I think a PT member/admin can so if any of you are reading this, feel free to edit the post to say the 22nd.

Mycroft is Yourcroft

The deadline is the 22nd of October. I can't edit Masque's post, but I think a PT member/admin can so if any of you are reading this, feel free to edit the post to say the 22nd.

Done :)

Done :)

Thanks!

Since some people have asked, this project is still accepting! There's one week left to go before submissions close.

Submissions are still being accepted and will continue to be accepted until the end of the day on October 22 no matter what time zone you're in. Technically, you'd all be able to send it in by the end of the day in Hawaii (HAST time zone or UTC-10) if you have to rush it until the last minute, though it would be a lot more helpful to get it in sooner.

If anyone is still interested or has any questions, feel free to send the team an email.

There's just under a day and a half left to get your submissions in to us for this project!
We would really love to see as many faces as possible.

If you would like to participate, send an e-mail to queersounds@gmail.com so that we can set you on the way to filming your video!

Hi friends,

General submissions for this video are now closed but we would still like more people to take part in this video.

Please email queersounds@gmail.com as soon as you can for more information.

Archived