Asexual Dreams?

I am wondering if anyone else finds that they never dream about sex, sexual desires and whatnot. Obviously, I am looking at the unconscious and how it comes out through the dreams. It would be interesting to see who does and does not dream of such things and identifies as asexual ...

In one of my dreams I was lying on a bed next to a fully clothed male. For some reason I was also male. There was nothing sexual but its the closest ive ever gotten.

I have had some, and they usually gross me out. Other times I just ignore it and try not to think too much about it. I would not say they were highly sexual though, they just had sexual things in them.

I had one dream that tried to do it, but it encountered full-blown disbelief in the whole enterprise and fizzled away.

Christinanc93

I dream of rape a lot, but I've never dreamt of "sex" as other people mean it.

I have sex dreams...maybe once a month? Maybe (probably less). I don't like them, and I wish they didn't occur, but sometimes it just happens. Sometimes they're really vague, but then other times I know for sure I'm with a certain person, which really grosses me out. .__.' I always know when I wake up from one cause of the, uh, sensation. Lol. Our minds enjoy rebelling and doing this to us, regardless of (a)sexuality!

I very rarely have sex dreams (that I remember). I have had a few dreams where I refused the 'advances' of a woman though, so I feel I can be said to have had asexy dreams.

I've had a few.

Hated them x/

Sure enough might have been Nightmares as well.

But these days I just dream about kick ass armor and flying around, chopping people into pieces.

I occasionally have sex dreams however I can never remember the people involved in the dream.

butterflydreams

I have them pretty infrequently, but they are bizarre as hell. More than half the time, I have female parts, which is odd, but comfortable to me. Other people are rarely involved, and if they are, it's very very fuzzy. Like I never get a good glimpse of them completely. It's almost like just a sense of another person.

It makes me confused about gender more than anything. But then, I'm already confused there :P

I did have one dream where what was clearly a girl was trying to do...things...I did not want, and I pulled her up for a hug instead.

Interestingly though, I was talking to a heterosexual female friend about this one time, and she said that she regularly had extremely explicit and obvious sex dreams long before she had sex. So it's definitely not like you need to do it first for you brain to have some idea of how to run the dream. This is pretty basic stuff, your brain knows what to do whether or not you've done it in real life.

I have had some. I usually wake up really annoyed. They're also often really bizarre and surreal, or that I'm not even directly involved it's just kind of happening...

I've only had a sexual dream twice. I was young and both of them were very weird, now that I think about it.. There wasn't any sex perse involved.. Only foreplay.

I had a lot during my teen years (lol hormones) but I was always grossed out by it which made me more confused. It all makes sense now.

TMI When I was having sex in dreams, I was forcing myself to enjoy it but I couldn't. My imaginary partners seemed to be enjoying it and I always stopped or got interrupted during those dreams.

I've never dreamt about sex, cuddling or any kind of romantic situation. In fact the moment I realized I was asexual I was reading an article about how some asexuals never have sex dreams and I practically went: Do people actually have sex dreams? I didn't even know it was a real thing!

Guest Cairne Bloodhoof

I rarely remember my dreams. But from those I do, none of them has any sexual content.

OT: Usually my dreams are based on my experiences. For example, there was Rome 2: Total War for free this weekend(actually, they started it on Friday). I did play it for 8 hours(not straight, I made pauses). Then I had dream that I was a Roman general.

I've never dreamt about sex, cuddling or any kind of romantic situation. In fact the moment I realized I was asexual I was reading an article about how some asexuals never have sex dreams and I practically went: Do people actually have sex dreams? I didn't even know it was a real thing!

I'm exactly the same! Never had any sex dream and didn't know that other people did.

I dream some pretty weird and crazy stuff. I've even had a dream that was set in Russia and entirely in Russian even though I have never been to Russia and I don't know any Russian! But I've never dreamed about sex or cuddling.

I've never had a sex dream, though I've lied about this fact on a conversation when I was a teen...

The most explicit thing I've done in a dream is lying next to someone else (a person I don't know - and I'm not even sure it was me lying there, it sure didn't look like me) talking and resting. I have no clue what the conversation was about.

Are sex dreams really a thing among most people or do they lie about it to fit in anyway? Is everyone just living a big lie? D:

I've never had a sex dream in my life. And neither have I had a dream that involved nudity, at least not that I can remember.

WhenSummersGone

I've had a couple or few sex dreams in my life. Some that were almost a sex dream. I usually dream about weird or creepy stuff. I've had a lot of masturbation dreams though.

I've only had dreams that were very vaguely sexual twice in my life... But it's debatable whether they were actually sexual... More romantic... Never had 'wet dreams'either.

I very rarely have a sexual related dream. When I have a romantic attraction to someone I sometimes have a dream about them, it may include something like holding hands. Knowing this was helpful as I tried to figure out if I am asexual or not, especially as I compared my experiences to other people I knew.

I remember I was reading Stephen King's "Apt Pupil," in which the protagonist has his first sexual dream, and his parents suspect it, and... let me get the book.

Yeah, it says you can't escape them. I didn't really wonder at the time. I just knew I didn't have them.

I never dream about sex and never had a wet dream either. Most of my dreams are pretty boring actually, I usually dream about walking.

I unfortunately have certain sexual dreams but they are completely out of my control and I cannot stop it happening, I'm as repulsed as you can get about the nature of some of the dreams that find their way into my mind.

I have never had a sexual dream. I once dreamt I kissed someone, which was really weird as I was a friend of mine who I didn't even feel a special attachment to. I've never even had a cuddling dream. I always dream adventures, or realistic dreams of normal things. I could name some strange things about my dreams, how I look different in dreams than I do in real life (such as a neutral body), or how some of the 'realistic' dreams actually happen a while later, but there has never been anything sexual in them, which is good, because I'm repulsed, so it would always be a nightmare for me.

I remember having had a few wet dreams when I was younger, and realizing in conversation with friends that they were much less frequent than the average. I have a bunch of masturbation dreams as well, and I seem to be very creative with ways to do it when I'm asleep - but they usually fizzle out before orgasm. And I've had more than a few interrupted sex dreams that seem to make me wake up with some accumulated sexual energy but nowhere for the energy to go. They are usually about situations leading up to sex, but not the sex itself, and a me-character is often not present. They tend to be a little unsettling. I suspect the frequency of dreams like these is related to my day-to-day anxiety, but would need to track them for a bit to confirm it. My unconscious mind leads a pretty unfulfilling sex life.